Riri and Subo albums out the Same day-who will come out top?

sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
Forum Member
Riri and SuBo release their albums on the same day, the big voice goes up against one of the biggest stars in the world.

Who will come out tops?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two albums aimed at totally different age groups so who cares. It will almost certainly be Rhiana due to all the guilable teens buying the album.

Hang on, didn't rhiana only release an album a few months ago.......
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's just say Rhianna doesn't sell a great deal of albums. :D
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Riri's last album out last year and sold three million, Subo's last album sold less than 1.3.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I hope Rihanna does, her last two albums went to No.1 in the UK I think but I expect that ALL of Susan's albums have reached the top spot. I guess it will depend on how good the first Rihanna single will be, if its another We Found Love smash I think she'll be No.1 on the album chart.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Riri's last album out last year and sold three million, Subo's last album sold less than 1.3.

And nothing has really changed so why ask the question... Unless you ate a rhianna fan who just likes asking meaningless questions in order to make your favourite look better than she really is.....
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susan Boyle is her name.Rihanna is her name.

Cannot stand that abomination of a fashion to shorten names
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? SuBo and RiRi are probably the 2 most commonly used nicknames in the music industry today, along with Bey and Madge. I don't think Rihanna or Susan Boyle mind having nicknames so why should you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two albums aimed at totally different age groups so who cares.

I was just going to say similar. Absolutely pointless and so ridiculous to try and pit two artists who couldn't be more different against each other.

Gave ma a laugh though, so thanks OP! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? SuBo and RiRi are probably the 2 most commonly used nicknames in the music industry today, along with Bey and Madge. I don't think Rihanna or Susan Boyle mind having nicknames so why should you?

The thing that annoys me about using names like Riri and Bey is that, presumably it is what her friends call them. If they had wanted their fans to call her that she would use that as her name on their albums.

As for Subo and Madge, these were names made up by the media and have very little to do with the artist, not sure their friends would call them that.
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because I am old enough to know that by using someone's name properly I am showing respect.

I bet you any money Susan Boyle doesn't like that horror nickname
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't released a date had been confirmed? What is the date?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Two albums aimed at totally different age groups so who cares. It will almost certainly be Rhiana due to all the guilable teens buying the album.

Hang on, didn't rhiana only release an album a few months ago.......

Or just as easily Subo due to all of the gullible adults that watch Simon Cowels programs then spend their money of the bland cover albums that come from them..
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's just say Rhianna doesn't sell a great deal of albums. :D

Let's just say your wrong. :D She's no Adele but for todays standards she's doing great.
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends how Rihanna's first single from the album does (ie will it justbe 'big' or a We Found Love-esque smash), but I think hers will sell more than SuBo's anyway in the long run.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Susan Boyle sells loads of albums. Rihanna sell well in albums too, but not on Susan's level. So I think Susan Boyle will win. However, Rihanna has hit singles that you hear all over the radio, which props up her album sales for a long time, which means it's possible her album might outsell Susan's in the long run.

With Rihanna's albums, it's not just about how big her hits are, but also the songs that are hits in the first place. With Loud, What's My Name?, which is a song that helps album sales (i.e. urban and a love song), was MASSIVE. Whilst with Talk That Talk, those songs (You Da One, etc.) kinda flopped a bit, so that's why Loud outsold Talk That Talk by such an extreme margin.

Rihanna can have hits like Only Girl, Where Have You Been, Disturbia, etc, and they won't help album sales much. She needs hits like What's My Name?, Take a Bow, Umbrella, etc. to boost her album sales. Adele, Lana Del Rey, Emeli Sande, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, etc. are not selling their albums with eurodance songs, let's put it that way. They won't help Rihanna that much either for albums.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Riri and SuBo release their albums on the same day, the big voice goes up against one of the biggest stars in the world.

Who will come out tops?

lol RIhanna never had a number one album, and I doubt that it will start now. So I think Subo will take this one :D:D:cool:
  • DizzleDizzle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rihanna's first week sales of her previous two albums have been pretty high. I don't know the exact figures, but Loud was the 4th biggest selling album of 2010 despite being released in late November. Talk That Talk was the 10th biggest selling of 2011 with a November release too. Plus I seem to remember it beating One Direction to the top spot.

I think SuBo's album will sell more in the long run, and will very probably get to #1 at some point, but I think Rihanna will pip her to the post in week 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    lol RIhanna never had a number one album, and I doubt that it will start now. So I think Subo will take this one :D:D:cool:

Susans last album debuted at number 4 and sold 72,000 first week.
    Rihanna's last album debuted at number 3 with 198,000 first week.

Susans album sales have been decreasing rapidly so my money's on Rihanna.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizzle wrote: »
    Rihanna's first week sales of her previous two albums have been pretty high. I don't know the exact figures, but Loud was the 4th biggest selling album of 2010 despite being released in late November. Talk That Talk was the 10th biggest selling of 2011 with a November release too. Plus I seem to remember it beating One Direction to the top spot.

I think SuBo's album will sell more in the long run, and will very probably get to #1 at some point, but I think Rihanna will pip her to the post in week 1.

In the UK, imo, it'll depend on which one promotes and where they promote.
  • NotaBadLadNotaBadLad Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Susans last album debuted at number 4 and sold 72,000 first week.
    Rihanna's last album debuted at number 3 with 198,000 first week.

Susans album sales have been decreasing rapidly so my money's on Rihanna.

Are these not the placings in America but the sales figures of the UK? Both debuted at number 1 in the UK
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaBadLad wrote: »
    Are these not the placings in America but the sales figures of the UK? Both debuted at number 1 in the UK

They're the sales figures of America as well as the post I quoted was referring to America.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sure that Rihanna will do better WW as Susan Boyle's sales last time were pretty disappointing whilst Rihanna's are still consistently high especially here.
  • XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it's Rihanna. I've bought tickets twice to see Susan Boyle and she failed to turn up twice.