Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    artero wrote: »
    I'd love to see Peter Kay in this...!

DEAR GOD NO!!!!!!
  • georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth wouldn't they go to the police with the drugs? That's insane - you can't just throw vast quantities of coke or whatever into the Mersey and hope that the dealers will forget about it - it must he worth a fortune! I know this series isn't meant to be gritty and realistic, but this storyline is just crazy!
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth wouldn't they go to the police with the drugs? That's insane - you can't just throw vast quantities of coke or whatever into the Mersey and hope that the dealers will forget about it - it must he worth a fortune! I know this series isn't meant to be gritty and realistic, but this storyline is just crazy!

my guess would be they get done for handling plus i bet any money on kim would deny all knowledge of knowing lisa
  • NotaBadLadNotaBadLad Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know if this will get another series?
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,089
    Forum Member
    NotaBadLad wrote: »
    Does anybody know if this will get another series?

There is definately going to be a Christmas special. That was announced last year when series two was confirmed. Beyond that I dont know.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't believe for a minute that Greg has dumped the drugs. My guess is that he has sold them & something will happen to bite him on the @rse.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    There is definitely going to be a Christmas special. That was announced last year when series two was confirmed. Beyond that I dont know.

Nothing confirmed yet. Several of the actors are requesting people to Tweet to ask for series three.

It was quite near the end of the first run that series two was commissioned.
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    MrMarple wrote: »
    I don't believe for a minute that Greg has dumped the drugs. My guess is that he has sold them & something will happen to bite him on the @rse.

I'm with you on this.:)
    I love this programme, it's sort of my guilty pleasure on Thursday mornings when everyone's gone and I'm having my toast & coffee.:o
  • lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Mount Pleasant.

Anyone have a link to the Sky department responsible for re commissioning this?

We need a series three! :D
    Forum Member
    Love Mount Pleasant.

Anyone have a link to the Sky department responsible for re commissioning this?

We need a series three! :D

Sorry I don't - but I'm with you all the way!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    It's the genuine relationship between Lisa, Dan and her parents that I love. The familial relationship is really
    Warm and you can feel the affection between the actors through the screen!
    Forum Member
    Lildeakin wrote: »
    It's the genuine relationship between Lisa, Dan and her parents that I love. The familial relationship is really
    Warm and you can feel the affection between the actors through the screen!

Exactly! It's wonderful!:)
  • madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I miss something?..for those who may not have seen the latest eppy yet I'll put it in spoilers..
    Did I hear someone say last night that Bianca's Husband had died? Only the last thing I remember was that they were planning a holiday!
    so a tad confused..still lovin it though..:)
  • euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/SPOILER]
    madj40 wrote: »
    Did I miss something?..for those who may not have seen the latest eppy yet I'll put it in spoilers..
    Did I hear someone say last night that Bianca's Husband had died? Only the last thing I remember was that they were planning a holiday!
    so a tad confused..still lovin it though..:)
    Yep, earlier in the series, some freak model plane incident if i remember correctly
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    According to BARB, It's the most watched show on Sky Living, so it will probably get another series.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really hope there will be a series 3, the wife and I are really enjoying this show. Although I do wish she'd stop drooling over Robson Green!

I have to say though, Dan's mum - Pauline is it? - is absolutely hilarious. Glad they've given her a bigger part this series.
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most recent episode was hilarious. Dans obsession with the pub quiz was classic.
    Loved Liza Tarbucks Easter cake scene.

It's Dan and Lisa's relationship that makes this series great - I loved it when he drove onto the driveway to make Lisa jump and she shouted "Oi nobhead". It works because fun couples do actually say stuff like that, I can't think of any other show that portrays a young happy couple as realistically as this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissDexter wrote: »
    It's Dan and Lisa's relationship that makes this series great - I loved it when he drove onto the driveway to make Lisa jump and she shouted "Oi nobhead". It works because fun couples do actually say stuff like that, I can't think of any other show that portrays a young happy couple as realistically as this.
    Yes, I think this is why my wife and I enjoy it so much. We can relate to the way Dan and Lisa talk to each other :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Yes, I think this is why my wife and I enjoy it so much. We can relate to the way Dan and Lisa talk to each other :o:D

Yep, us too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mount Pleasant is one of my favourite shows. I have enjoyed it since series 1, I cant believe the series is nearly over I really hope they do another series. Lisa and Dan are ace, I like the close relationship they have as a whole family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The voice over woman said over credits "Well, that may have been the last episode of 'Mount Pleasant'..."
    I hope not :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great last episode.
    Laughed out loud when Kate appeared out of nowhere.

The great thing about this series is the balance of the ridiculous and the touching. On one hand you have the "Kate" forgiveness which is probably quite unbelievable, then you have "real" moments like Dan's parents finding themselves again and dancing together.

This show isn't groundbreaking or entirely original but it constantly leaves a smile on my face and i love the interaction of the characters.
    You really get a sense that the cast love working together.

Sincerely hope it gets another series, love it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    The voice over woman said over credits "Well, that may have been the last episode of 'Mount Pleasant'..."
    I hope not :(

There is going to be a Christmas special :)
  • zippy00zippy00 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Great to hear there is an Xmas special, when they said at the end that was the final episode, I was hoping they meant of this series not that they have finished it.

Did they say why Pauline Collins wasn't in this series much?