Netflix

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
Forum Member
I have just recently signed up for netflix, does anyone know any good tv shows or movies to watch ? Am currently watching breaking bad & nip tuck surprised dexter is not on there anyone know why?? thanks :)

Comments

• WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dexter is on there.
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacy. wrote: »
    I have just recently signed up for netflix, does anyone know any good tv shows or movies to watch ? Am currently watching breaking bad & nip tuck surprised dexter is not on there anyone know why?? thanks :)

I'm with Netflix, and hammered Dexter the most for a while. not watched it lately though. only kept it because my dad was watching it. Surprised they took Dexter off :( just got to the 3rd season :(
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have four seasons of Damages, which is very good. Currently watching Lie To Me from the start as I'd never seen it on TV. Absolute hokum but well-plotted and witty.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dexter is on there, I've been watching it for weeks. If they have removed it I'm going to be angry.
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inkblot wrote: »
    They have four seasons of Damages, which is very good. Currently watching Lie To Me from the start as I'd never seen it on TV. Absolute hokum but well-plotted and witty.

Damages - a brilliant but much overlooked series. Great performance by Glenn Close.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone think that Netflix is better than Love film in terms of variety and quantity of movies and TV shows?
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    Does anyone think that Netflix is better than Love film in terms of variety and quantity of movies and TV shows?

For live streaming, Netflix is definitely better, but Lovefilm have a good selection of dvds if you are interested in that too. I only have Lovefilm live stream as I love the comedy Hope and Faith and it's on there. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

I also have my laptop for US Netflix, and my hub's computer with the British Netflix, so I have different choices there too.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    rfonzo wrote: »

If you use Unblock-US along with Netflix then it blows Lovefilm out of the water as you access many other Netflix regions to give you much more choice.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    For live streaming, Netflix is definitely better, but Lovefilm have a good selection of dvds if you are interested in that too. I only have Lovefilm live stream as I love the comedy Hope and Faith and it's on there. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

I also have my laptop for US Netflix, and my hub's computer with the British Netflix, so I have different choices there too.
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    If you use Unblock-US along with Netflix then it blows Lovefilm out of the water as you access many other Netflix regions to give you much more choice.

Thank you guys for the advice. I have always wondered as I have heard that Netflix was a wide database of TV programs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I recently cancelled my Netflix subscription after the free trial had ended as there was hardly anything I wanted to watch on there so couldn't justify the £5.99 a month for it. I much prefered Love Film as there was a lot more choice.
  • Walter WhiteWalter White Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    I recently cancelled my Netflix subscription after the free trial had ended as there was hardly anything I wanted to watch on there so couldn't justify the £5.99 a month for it. I much prefered Love Film as there was a lot more choice.

Ive taken up the free trial and so far only watched Harry Brown which i had seen before.

Theres nothing else i really want to watch on there due to the utterly woeful selection of films , honestly theres only one or 2 ive found that ill watch and that'll be that.
  • KizerKizer Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Ive taken up the free trial and so far only watched Harry Brown which i had seen before.

Theres nothing else i really want to watch on there due to the utterly woeful selection of films , honestly theres only one or 2 ive found that ill watch and that'll be that.

Please learn to write properly.

oh and Chillax :cool:
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Currently I'm working my way through, and very much enjoying, 'Archer'.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been using it to watch South Park and Peep Show and have watched quite a few films on it. I know Peep Show is available on 4oD, but at least on Netflix it starts instantly and doesn't have 15 minutes of ads shoehorned into the start and half way points like it does on 4oD.
    Forum Member
    I'm making my way through Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles.
    Yeah it's on Channel 5 at the mo, but no ads and don't have to wait a week for the next episode.
    Last night I watched an 80's classic with my boy, BMX Bandits :cool:
  • terry66532terry66532 Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unblock-us and its variations turns netflix from a small lake into a huge ocean.
  • NotaBadLadNotaBadLad Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    tokenting wrote: »
    unblock-us and its variations turns netflix from a small lake into a huge ocean.

How do you do this?
    Forum Member
    NotaBadLad wrote: »
    How do you do this?

Go to http://www.unblock-us.com/ and follow instructions.
  • NotaBadLadNotaBadLad Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Go to http://www.unblock-us.com/ and follow instructions.

Cheers
  • Walter WhiteWalter White Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kizer wrote: »
    Please learn to write properly.

oh and Chillax :cool:

Haha getting im stalked ! touch a nerve did i ?

As i said only a certain sort of person which has been rubber stamped now.
  • KizerKizer Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Haha getting im stalked ! touch a nerve did i ?

As i said only a certain sort of person which has been rubber stamped now.

I have no idea what you're saying. Please try and form coherent sentences.

P.S. You reek of failure.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I second Unblock US! It's brilliant and well worth the few extra quid a month. Since getting Netflix+Unblock US, I have cancelled Sky because there is just so much to watch!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've signed up to this but just get a black screen when I click on something to watch
  • waterlooenderswaterlooenders Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    I've signed up to this but just get a black screen when I click on something to watch

Do you have Microsoft Silverlight installed?
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »

If you are only interested in occasional films and programs you can rent material from Blinkbox without tying yourself into a long term subscription.