Spiral (Engrenages) Series Four

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    I expect the BBC only get simulcast HD rights for their continental acquisitions. Sadly, this seems to be the end of HD subtitled BBC 4 dramas, unless they keep their promise and put them on iPlayer.

Yep. We knew it was coming. Looks like it has arrived. BBC HD is virtually a simulcast of BBC 2 anyway. The 8pm to 11pm slot next Saturday sure is. Howard Goodhall & Dancing on the Edge for example.

iPlayer will be interesting next Saturday around about the 10:05pm mark. ;):D:D
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I've seen season 3 of Spiral yet, is there any word on whether BBC4 are planning to repeat this at any stage?
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    I don't think I've seen season 3 of Spiral yet, is there any word on whether BBC4 are planning to repeat this at any stage?

If they were going to it would obviously have been in advance of airing the fourth so, no. Buy the DVD - You can get series 1-3 for approx £20, a bargain.

For some reason best known to themselves, BBC4 has decided a following week repeat of Saturday’s eps is not necessary (unlike every other euro-crime series they’ve ever aired) so unless you want to watch via iPlayer make sure not to miss the Saturday screening.
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it will be iPlayer DL for me.

Coincidentally I've just been looking for Spiral repeats on BBC HD but am disappointed, obviously :( Will watching on iPlayer be significantly higher quality than BBC4? I'd rather not because iPlayer is less navigable than PVR and I'm always having to skip to and fro filling in my fugues ;)
  • SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to revisiting the lives of Roban, Laure, Gilou, Pierre and of course Josephine!

Been re-watching series 3 on dvd, is it just me or has Spiral got better every season? Hopefully season 4 is right up there with 3 if not better.:)
  • PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they showed Spiral 2 last year.

Was it really Spiral 3 and if not, I wonder why they are skipping a season.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    If they were going to it would obviously have been in advance of airing the fourth so, no. Buy the DVD - You can get series 1-3 for approx £20, a bargain.

Don't have time to wait for a DVD so I found *cough* an alternative method *cough*. Now I just have to get through 12 episodes in 2 days to be ready for series 4!
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    Don't have time to wait for a DVD so I found *cough* an alternative method *cough*. Now I just have to get through 12 episodes in 2 days to be ready for series 4!

Or you could record Saturday’s eps to watch after the DVD set arrives. But that’s crazy-talk isn’t it - Why pay for something when you can illegally download it instead?!?!
  • shadforthshadforth Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad Spiral's back after too long a wait. Class series. :)
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's this thread or the other one...
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    <drags her chair in here too>

Evening all :D

I shall play catch up tomorrow as tonight it's pizzas and film night next door with the boys :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening everyone.

I actually had plans to go out tonight, but apparently my sinuses wanted to watch Spiral with everyone else, rather than on iplayer later.

Can't wait.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening all :)
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening everyone! :) I can't wait for 9pm.
  • FranglaisFranglais Posts: 3,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonsoir mes amis! Ce soir. pour moi, c'est "Engrenages"!

Just about recovered from last week's final Borgen and, now, there's this!

Hastily positions armchair, turns off mobile, locks all locks à la Fort Knox, fills up tea pot and I'm ready!

Interestingly I understand the C+ showing in France is on a scrambled service so, in theory, one has to pay to watch it over there.... :eek:
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening everyone.

I actually had plans to go out tonight, but apparently my sinuses wanted to watch Spiral with everyone else, rather than on iplayer later.

Can't wait.
    Evening! Apparently your sinuses speak with more wisdom than your other parts! Enjoy and hope Spiral makes you feel better!:)
  • j'aimelatelej'aimelatele Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interestingly I understand the C+ showing in France is on a scrambled service so, in theory, one has to pay to watch it over there.... :eek:[/QUOTE]

Correct its on Canal + , equivalent to Sky so only paying customers can watch...lucky us then:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interestingly I understand the C+ showing in France is on a scrambled service so, in theory, one has to pay to watch it over there.... :eek:

Correct its on Canal + , equivalent to Sky so only paying customers can watch...lucky us then:)[/QUOTE]
    We ARE paying for it - from the license fee!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Petingo wrote: »
    I thought they showed Spiral 2 last year.

Was it really Spiral 3 and if not, I wonder why they are skipping a season.

I was just about to ask the same as I really enjoy "Spiral" but realised they've skipped series 3!
    Anyone know where I can watch S3 online:o?
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damzel wrote: »
    I was just about to ask the same as I really enjoy "Spiral" but realised they've skipped series 3!
    Anyone know where I can watch S3 online:o?

I'm sure they haven't skipped 3. I definitely saw 3 on BBC 4 last year.
  • j'aimelatelej'aimelatele Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess you are correct but they also have a tv license in france.....back to Spiral, i have to admit i cant remember much from previous season!! The reminder sequence was short...
  • 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC4 *hasn't* skipped Series 3, they screened it last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess you are correct but they also have a tv license in france.....back to Spiral, i have to admit i cant remember much from previous season!! The reminder sequence was short...

It was - hate to admit it but I can't remember a flipping thing now!
    Also had no idea they were continuing the story. Am pretty sure that's a first for Spiral.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So at the end of 3, Laure did shoot the guy after he dropped his gun, didn't he? Am I remembering that right?

What's the name of the slimy commissaire guy who just lied for Laure? I can't remember his name at all.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 of 3 will happen to PJ, new guy

1. Gilou will get his new friends to beat him up
    2. Gilou and Tintin will fit him up to the IGS
    3. He might turn out to be IGS himself