My soul mate is moving away

NotaBadLadNotaBadLad Posts: 291
Forum Member
My soul mate is moving away in 2 weeks and it is hurting like mad. My stomach feels constantly like I am going to be sick, I cant eat. I feel like I just want to cry. I want to stand up and move my life to be with them, but they are going on tour and I am at university. Is it possible to meet the right person at the wrong time? We have connected on such an emotional level although we have only known each other for 4 months. We have gradually gotten closer and things are just so natural. I don't want to have to say goodbye but I cant ask them to stay. Its driving me crazy. I want to get them the best gift ever so they never forget me/us and to show that one day the universe will pull us back together but I don't know what will show this

Comments

• molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure a soul mate would move away as they would see staying with you as more important than anything else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • NotaBadLadNotaBadLad Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Neither of us want to move away but they are moving away for their work. They are going on tour. It their job and dream.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are moving away then sorry to say that the person is obviously not really your soul mate because it's a two way thing and they would want to be with you just as much as you with them.
    Forum Member
    Darcy_ wrote: »

We split. These things happen. You must lead quite a sad life to be reading through a persons old threads because they start a new one!
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    If they are moving away then sorry to say that the person is obviously not really your soul mate because it's a two way thing and they would want to be with you just as much as you with them.

They do, but life happens and you cant throw away your dream job to be stuck in a city doing something you dont really want to be doing. That would hinder the relationship. If it were 2 years down the line and I had finished uni I would without a doubt go with them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaBadLad wrote: »
    We split. These things happen. You must lead quite a sad life to be reading through a persons old threads because they start a new one!

This thread sounded like it was written by someone who was about 16, so i decided I would check before writing an appropriate response, however your posting history seems to confirm that this thread is a wind up.
    Forum Member
    Darcy_ wrote: »
    This thread sounded like it was written by someone who was about 16, so i decided I would check before writing an appropriate response, however your posting history seems to confirm that this thread is a wind up.

how? why would it be a wind up?
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do, but life happens and you cant throw away your dream job to be stuck in a city doing something you dont really want to be doing. That would hinder the relationship. If it were 2 years down the line and I had finished uni I would without a doubt go with them
    Then surely you would have plans to meet up every other weekend at least and to be together after you finish uni?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Why do you keep saying 'they' and 'them' its he or she surely? And tbh you sound over dramatic to the extreme.
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't be long until you finish uni for the summer - surely you can go to wherever your soulmate is, and spend a few weeks together. Plus there's weekends, as well, as someone else mentioned. Presumably the tour they are going on isn't going to last forever, they'll be back at some stage?
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So whilst you were lamenting your wife possibly cheating on you you were getting close to someone else?

ETA: My mistake, I misread the date!
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with the person who said Soulmates are just that - both in agreement that their relationship is right. TBH I reckon this is more likely to be a rebound thing and you're not actually thinking objectively motor logically. In other words at the moment you're an emotional mess but it'll pass.
  • FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't everybody in a relationship think they have found the perfect person for the first six months? That's why you give it a bit more time before rushing into more permanent arrangements, because that 'soulmate' turns into the person who makes you wonder what on earth you were thinking and you can't wait to get away from.

It can't be just me.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can only say I knew when I met mine we married 6 weeks later and only regret we have had is we didn't meet sooner (I was 22 when we married he was 24). We don't use the term soul mates though just know we loved each other deeply and forever. I am never quite sure what constitutes a soul mate ?
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think soul mates exist ... or perhaps I haven't met mine yet :rolleyes:
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case it is a real thread why don't you get your soulmate a St Christopher's medallion (or something similar) which could be a constant reminder of you and your hope for a good tour and safe return??
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long is the tour? Generally the word tour doesn't imply any sort of permanence, so it might just be a case of being a little patient?
  • ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having read the other thread i would guess the actual story is this:

OP is a young gay male, in love with a straight male friend who is an actor. Friend either does not know OP is gay, or at least doesn't know he's in love with him. OP gets jealous and worried when the friend stars hanging out with the writer of a play he's in, but he can't bring it up to him because he's no right as they are not in a relationship. But he wants advice on the situation so he pretends it's his wife, so he can be reassured without having to answer tricky questions on the nature of their relationship.

A year later the situation hasn't changed, but now the friend is going away on a tour with a play. The OP is devastated especially as the friend does not know the OP's feelings for him, but again he doesn't want to deal with people dismissing the relationship as a crush so he stays vague on both the gender and relationship.
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    Is say that sounds pretty spot on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    If this it true (which I highly doubt) then I'd be running a mile if I were that person. Overbearing! :eek:
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they'll come back from tour. You can call/text in the meantime. It's not like they'll forget you and when they come back youll appreciate them alot more.
  • wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    ikkleosu wrote: »
    Having read the other thread i would guess the actual story is this:

OP is a young gay male, in love with a straight male friend who is an actor. Friend either does not know OP is gay, or at least doesn't know he's in love with him. OP gets jealous and worried when the friend stars hanging out with the writer of a play he's in, but he can't bring it up to him because he's no right as they are not in a relationship. But he wants advice on the situation so he pretends it's his wife, so he can be reassured without having to answer tricky questions on the nature of their relationship.

A year later the situation hasn't changed, but now the friend is going away on a tour with a play. The OP is devastated especially as the friend does not know the OP's feelings for him, but again he doesn't want to deal with people dismissing the relationship as a crush so he stays vague on both the gender and relationship.

Not that young as his previous thread last year he said he was 29, which I think makes him a mature uni student.

However, considering the constant vagueness with genders in previous threads, leads me to think none of it is true anyway.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no such thing as a soulmate. It's a 20th century invention of American media.