Baftas

gladysbachgladysbach Posts: 107
Forum Member
Not another damn awards ceremony! These actors love patting themselves on the back.

Comments

• Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't watch it then! Simplez!:kitty:
  • Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    Whilst this thread is now here, Anyone know why it's on a 2 hour delay? Is it purely down to so it's after the watershed.
  • gladysbachgladysbach Posts: 107
    Forum Member

Of course I don't watch! Just making a point. Oh dear:confused:
  • Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst this thread is now here, Anyone know why it's on a 2 hour delay? Is it purely down to so it's after the watershed.

They put out a warning about 'strong language' so probably watershed issues.
  • jeffersbnljeffersbnl Posts: 4,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Partly - it's also so they can tighten it up, edit out awards that might not be of as much interest to a general audience, try and keep it to time. There isn't (as far as I can remember) an orchestra to cut off any overlong speeches so they can shorten those aswell!

A few years ago when Sky had the rights I seem to remember it went out live (on Sky Movies) around 6:30pm and ran for quite a bit longer than two hours.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    jeffersbnl wrote: »
    Partly - it's also so they can tighten it up, edit out awards that might not be of as much interest to a general audience, try and keep it to time. There isn't (as far as I can remember) an orchestra to cut off any overlong speeches so they can shorten those aswell!

A few years ago when Sky had the rights I seem to remember it went out live (on Sky Movies) around 6:30pm and ran for quite a bit longer than two hours.

This^

Its available live for international broadcasters to screen and some do.
    Wish the BBC would show it live, it is afterall the only bloody awards show they bother with now.
    But the BBC likes to edit it down, condense it etc. Thankfully, they're not bleep-happy like many years ago and leave the swears alone now
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is not that easy it will be all over the TV News broadcasts and newspapers looking at a bunch of egotistical individuals, crying, weeping, giving luvvy-duvvy speeches. patting each other on the back just as they do every year.

Without fail someone will have to make some sort of over-the-top charitable gesture or turn up without a top, shoeless, knickerless, or showing a tit accidentally on purpose or some other gimmick.

Over-staged, over acted, just syrupy sickening vomit inducing junk.
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    That is not that easy it will be all over the TV News broadcasts and newspapers looking at a bunch of egotistical individuals, crying, weeping, giving luvvy-duvvy speeches. patting each other on the back just as they do every year.

Without fail someone will have to make some sort of over-the-top charitable gesture or turn up without a top, shoeless, knickerless, or showing a tit accidentally on purpose or some other gimmick.

Apart from the above, did you like it then?
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well put, every occupation has some sort of prize ceremony but other occupations are lucky if they even get a mention in the newspapers and of course they get lots of MBE, OBE etc thrown at them as well. I gave up after a few minutes of it all.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member

So what are you saying? You like it?

:D
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that they were extremely boring and self indulgent from what I saw of them.