Options

QuizMania, ITV, Best Quiz TV Show (merged)

Comments

• Options
    ChieChie Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aaaaa wrote:
    TypeTalk isn't just for deaf people, it's for people that have difficulty in using a standard telephone.

Oooo. I've just read their website. It's for people with speech problems as well. Silly me I never considered that! Thanks lol :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know someone who used to go out with David the cameraman. He's a right arrogant kn*bhead!
  • Options
    ChieChie Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deanoboi wrote:
    I love Quizmania, can't believe they read this thread, I dont think it was a publicity stunt cause they had ITV Sport on like it was a real technical problem

ITV and Freemantle studios are seperate. Freemantle (QM) can do anything they want, including deliberately setting the firealarm off, and ITV wouldn't know they'd done it on purpose.

They do read this forum and Greg is even a registered member.

Clearly it's created publicity because we're talking about it here aren't we :)

Can someone tell me what Greg said about us on air? I missed it.
  • Options
    c8nayc8nay Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    I just rewound it back cos i missed it, He just said he was told that on a certain well known forum it was said it was just a publicity stunt, but it might not be this forum one or two others were saying same thing about it being a stunt. Although this is probably the most well known :)
  • Options
    MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    Wow an e-mail from Gibraltar, and it wasn't me! I'm not the only one who watches it! Hahaha... :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    God, how thick was that Scottish guy then, oh my.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At this current date it would be pretty stupid of QuizMania to conjure up a technical fault.

They have already lost their slot on LifeShowcase earlier this week. Their slot on Information TV is about to go as well. Final night on ITV 1 tonight. Limited to only 3 hours a night from Friday on the comparatively low key ITV 2.

Gonna hurt their revenue quite a lot. :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why shouldn't a user of TypeTalk be allowed to participate? Why is it amusing? For many people this is just their way of communicating.
    It's not something to handle. It's just like taking any other call.
    Don't be so utterly stupid.
    At least she managed to come up with a plausible answer, unlike some.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandco wrote:
    even a really old itv logo.

Id say late 90's

That ITV logo was from the early 90's. When the regions (some of them anyway) took a generic ITV ident.
  • Options
    ConspiracyConspiracy Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chie wrote:
    I really hate the way they allow callers to say answers that have already been said. An overjoyed Ruth just phoned up and said 'tow' and Debbie knew full well she wasn't going to get it :( They should have a ticker tape at the bottom with answers that have already been said more than 3 times.

But the point is that THAT is the way they make a lot of their money by people who haven't been watching the show since the start phoning up and giving repeat answers...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conspiracy wrote:
    But the point is that THAT is the way they make a lot of their money by people who haven't been watching the show since the start phoning up and giving repeat answers...

I have to agree that it is one of the most devious ways of generating income. I'd like to see them give callers another chance, or put up the wrong answers on screen every ten minutes or so. :)
  • Options
    ManchesterLadManchesterLad Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People sending emails to QuizMania saying there upset its going to ITV2 cause they carnt watch it, Why dont they just get a freeview box if they like it so much, there only very cheap LOL, can get freeview boxes from around 20 pounds :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People sending emails to QuizMania saying there upset its going to ITV2 cause they carnt watch it, Why dont they just get a freeview box if they like it so much, there only very cheap LOL, can get freeview boxes from around 20 pounds :D

Well, I think if they also call into the show they probably don't have any money left over after paying their telephone bill each time, so that might be why! :D
  • Options
    DangerBoySteveDangerBoySteve Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    someone did actually call up with that!
    Yeah I heard that, about half 1. He sort of mumbled it though and Debbie didn't acknowledge it. It was the first call of the speed round. :D Ah how immature.
  • Options
    FootlessMichaelFootlessMichael Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandco wrote:
    even a really old itv logo.

Id say late 90's
    Mid 90s I think. It still has Matthew Lorenzo voicing it.

Very odd that they havent bothered updating that 90s logo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That ITV logo was from the early 90's. When the regions (some of them anyway) took a generic ITV ident.
    The logo was the first ITV OFFICIAL logo* and was used from October 1989 (when ITV started to unite for the first time with the creation of the Network Centre, so they shared more programming) to October 1998. All the ITV regions IIRC took the generic ITV ident (an early semi-national kind of logo, almost like the one we have today which is of course national). The name of the region would be under the giant ITV logo, and the V itself had the logo colours of the TV region in it, e.g. LWT had blue, red and white, then you'd have a slide of local pictures sliding across the back of the ITV logo, so Thames would have flashes of Big Ben etc. It was a shame about Thames because this ident meant the end of there famous 21 year titles of the river and monuments. These logos proved unpopular though, and by 1991, all the ITV regions reverted back to there own logos

*ITV had unofficial logos before that, which would occasionally be seen on programme promo sides from the ITV regions, e.g. Central might have the old ITV logo in the corner of a promo. In fact the last unofficial ITV logo in the mid-late 80s, was used for ITV Schools when it moved it Channel 4 in 1987, and even after ITV got an official logo, Schools kept using the old one until 1993.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    . All the ITV regions IIRC took the generic ITV ident

Not all of them. UTV and Tyne Tees among a couple of others refused. I think Granada didn't either.
  • Options
    ManchesterLadManchesterLad Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No more Greg scott on Quizmania now with his funny jokes till 12th April.
    QuizMania should also get Sarah hendy as a host, as when i been looking around alot of the quiz channels they all seem to be getting all the Price-drop tv hosts on there quiz channels LOL :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonights 'final' show is to be hosted by the creators: Chuck Thomas and Debbie King
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No more Greg scott on Quizmania now with his funny jokes till 12th April.

Will this mean we'll finally see Kirsty Duffy on ITV2?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonights 'final' show is to be hosted by the creators: Chuck Thomas and Debbie King

Now there's a surprise! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will this mean we'll finally see Kirsty Duffy on ITV2?

Well, we can but hope - but I'm not holding out too much hope, to be honest! :)
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What time are we on from and until? I want to put my tape it to record it.. I cannot miss the last show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mikay wrote:
    What time are we on from and until? I want to put my tape it to record it.. I cannot miss the last show.

According to the EPG, it's on between 12:30pm and 4:10am. :)
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks.. I guess I'll have to put in my 4 hour tape!