Options

Is this dog being abused?

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
Forum Member
✭✭
One of my neighbours has a new dog and as it's only a puppy (about 7 months) when it plays a bit rough or pinches food from a table, the owners hit it really hard and by hard I mean full pelt punches.
I've also seen them bite it on its ear or tale.

It kills me to see them do this and I have mentioned it to them not to do it buy they say as it's a husky and a domineering dog that it has to be shown who is boss.

Would you class this as animal cruelty and would you report it?

If so who to?

Comments

• Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's physical abuse so yes it is. Biting on the ear is one of those weird dominance theories that only makes the person biting look like a moron. Any form of hard physical contact would be deemed abuse. I would report to the RSPCA useless as they are or maybe one of the local rescues who may be able to advice you better.
  • Options
    TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn ****ing skips it's being abused. If I were you I'd try and film in then call the RSPCA. You need proof.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are ar*eholes, report them.

And yes it is abuse. I hope one day it takes their face off.
  • Options
    liftmasterliftmaster Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grass them....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just...I don't understand people like this. That dog probably cost a lot of money and they treat it like this?!
    What kind of moron does that? There's a reason they have dog training classes. Never ever have I seen one say "punch the dog" or "bite the dog".
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will call the rspca but I just hope they do something and not just ignore it. The dog has bitten it's owner a couple of times and drawn blood , they have then given it a good beating. The dog does seem happy I just hope I'm not looking too much into it
  • Options
    vodkamargarinevodkamargarine Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This makes me so mad!!!! Being violent towards the poor thing will make him aggressive and then when he attacks someone he will get put down!! "People.... what a bunch of b******s" !!
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This makes me so mad!!!! Being violent towards the poor thing will make him aggressive and then when he attacks someone he will get put down!! "People.... what a bunch of b******s" !!

I was just going to post exactly the same thing :(
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my neighbours has a new dog and as it's only a puppy (about 7 months) when it plays a bit rough or pinches food from a table, the owners hit it really hard and by hard I mean full pelt punches.

It kills me to see them do this and I have mentioned it to them not to do it buy they say as it's a husky and a domineering dog that it has to be shown who is boss.

If so who to?

That's definitely animal cruelty. If you're going to report get them and not confront them, get video evidence of them being cruel to it first. Some people should have pets.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If so who to?

Yes, it's abuse. Report to the RSPCA.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will call the rspca but I just hope they do something and not just ignore it. The dog has bitten it's owner a couple of times and drawn blood , they have then given it a good beating. The dog does seem happy I just hope I'm not looking too much into it

I very much doubt it is.
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member

These people should NOT have this puppy!! >:(

Yes the dog is being abused...and yes you should report them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dude one of the reasons dogs become dangerous are because they've been abused. Have you kids? Cause that dog could go for them if it's not dealt with quickly.
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey, Barbara Woodhouse was one tough dog trainer but I never saw her bite a dog, or advocate that an owner do so :o
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the owners hit it really hard and by hard I mean full pelt punches.
    Of course it's being abused! I can't believe you even need to ask that.

Report the awful owners as soon as possible.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, report them. They shouldn't be allowed to have a dog, they plainly don't have a clue how to train it or treat it.
  • Options
    liftmasterliftmaster Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, Barbara Woodhouse was one tough dog trainer but I never saw her bite a dog, or advocate that an owner do so :o

....... yeah but once the cameras left.......
  • Options
    Guts and GloryGuts and Glory Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They bite their dog? Forget about the RSPCA, I'd get the mental health folk and men in white coats on the blower.