Options

Who else dislikes Michael Buble?

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have to start by saying I don't dislike him personally, just his music. It gets on my wick! Honestly, I've had to stop listening to Heart FM because they seem to play him constantly! I'm not a big lover of swing/Big Band anyway, and dread that theme week on the X Factor every year. It's really middle of the road, bland, middle aged crap. He's got a good voice, but that's about it really. I actually think I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber.

It seems like it's a criminal offense to say you don't like his music at times.

Comments

• Options
    HilboHilbo Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Totally agree and talking about bland middle of the road etc., Jamie Cullum and Harry Connick. IMO:yawn::yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I don't actively dislike him but I can't see what the big deal is. All my friends think he's wonderful. Yep he's got a great voice but his songs are all a bit samey and bland.
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    I didn't dislike him before our lovely local Radio Mercury was replaced by Heart Sussex :( but if I hear the first few bars of "I Just Haven't Met You Yet" one more time my radio is being ripped out of the car and thrown out of the window.....:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't dislike him before our lovely local Radio Mercury was replaced by Heart Sussex :( but if I hear the first few bars of "I Just Haven't Met You Yet" one more time my radio is being ripped out of the car and thrown out of the window.....:mad:

Yep. That's the one!! I'm sure they play that song at least once an hour!:mad:

I miss my old local station as well. Heart is like the McDonalds and Starbucks of radio stations!!!:(
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the opposite. I don't mind his music maybe because I don't listen to the radio. I do feel he has got bit up himself in the past couple of years though, so I am going off him.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Michael Buble is very smarmy and fake and he was particularly smarmy on the
    "audience with" programme that he did! Totally insincere I thought!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree could never stand him! and that video in the supermarket ahhhhh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He's lovely!
  • Options
    Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hilbo wrote: »
    Totally agree and talking about bland middle of the road etc., Jamie Cullum and Harry Connick. IMO:yawn::yawn:

Oh I like Harry Connick Jr!:) And find Michael Buble to be a poorer and smarmy version of him.
  • Options
    Nuartey1Nuartey1 Posts: 2,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to start by saying I don't dislike him personally, just his music. It gets on my wick! Honestly, I've had to stop listening to Heart FM because they seem to play him constantly! I'm not a big lover of swing/Big Band anyway, and dread that theme week on the X Factor every year. It's really middle of the road, bland, middle aged crap. He's got a good voice, but that's about it really. I actually think I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber.

Yup, totally agree :sleep:
  • Options
    PoppysocksPoppysocks Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He's lovely!

Yes ... don't know what else to say !
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lurksalot wrote: »
    Well I don't actively dislike him but I can't see what the big deal is. All my friends think he's wonderful. Yep he's got a great voice but his songs are all a bit samey and bland.

Would u say that about Sinatra and the rat pack? because Michael is also a swing King!

You're totally entitled to your opinion but I think his music his great and his voice is phenomenal

Also he was one of the best guests on the x factor and comes across as a great guy
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't kick him out of bed:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member

You don't like The Boob? How could you????!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Would u say that about Sinatra and the rat pack? because Michael is also a swing King!

You're totally entitled to your opinion but I think his music his great and his voice is phenomenal

Also he was one of the best guests on the x factor and comes across as a great guy

IMHO I don't think you can compare robot-voiced Buble with Sinatra! It's like comparing McFly with Led Zeppelin. :eek:

I can't stand Buble, although I can see his appeal he doesn't do it for me at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can't be serious comparing Buble to Frank Sinatra?!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Invispost
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't be serious comparing Buble to Frank Sinatra?!:eek:

lol @ your expression!

Yes I would compare them because IMO his voice is as good and as spell binding as sinatra
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol @ your expression!

Yes I would compare them because IMO his voice is as good and as spell binding as sinatra

He tries to be Sinatra - even aping his style of vocal delivery, which entirely misses the point of 'swing' music. It's about finding your own vocal style, not copying others.
  • Options
    Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Nuartey1 wrote: »
    Yup, totally agree :sleep:

Wait until you reach middle age, lol! :D
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilbo wrote: »

:D I like them all. But it's a matter of taste, I love swing, bigband and all that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having had the misfortune to have spent some time with him in recent years, I can confirm that he is VERY smarmy indeed.
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    Lookwise, he reminds me of Maxwell from Big Brother...
  • Options
    stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the music he produces personally, but he does have a very good voice.
    He's also smug as all hell.

Not even remotely close to comparable.
    Buble is to the Rat Pack as Michael Lewis from the X Factor is to Michael Jackson
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On the count of 3..we can see whose radio hits the ground first :)

I am not a fan of the whole swing music thing, and it really does get done to death at times on the radio!