Comments

• spanglerokapispanglerokapi Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, fizzing at the bung hole!:D
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have not been concentrating last week, but how did Laure know the activists were getting a pass card from Police HQ?

K
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she did. I was confused when she mentioned the badge but I think she just meant the badge on the guy's jacket from the video.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of back story for Josephine Karlsson tonight. I liked it when she was just a nasty piece of work who'd do anything for her own advancement - now it seems she's got a screwed-up family history with hints of abuse and huge unresolved issues.

Much prefer Gregory Fitoussi in Spiral to his role in Mr. Selfridge!

Really enjoying watching this series, so glad it's back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    I don't think she did. I was confused when she mentioned the badge but I think she just meant the badge on the guy's jacket from the video.

Aah, you might be right, but she did seem to know they were heading for the HQ before they actually got there?

K
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    Aah, you might be right, but she did seem to know they were heading for the HQ before they actually got there?

K

I thought because they had a tracker on her car?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadence wrote: »
    I thought because they had a tracker on her car?
    Perhaps there was something lost in the subtitling then, because I don't recall a line saying "hey - they must be going to police HQ" before they split up with Amina saying "We're going straight to the HQ" (or words to that effect!)

K

edit: sod it, I'll just have to watch it all again! (esp "Audrey's scene with Gregory" - do PVRs get worn out if you play the same scene over and over :o)

K
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps there was something lost in the subtitling then, because I don't recall a line saying "hey - they must be going to police HQ" before they split up with Amina saying "We're going straight to the HQ" (or words to that effect!)

K

I'm pretty sure they did mention the HQ before then, Riffaut's car had passed the town hall, so they figured he was headed for police HQ.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they did mention the HQ before then, Riffaut's car had passed the town hall, so they figured he was headed for police HQ.
    So, can we assume the HQ is at the end of a cul-de-sac?

K
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

K

edit: sod it, I'll just have to watch it all again! (esp "Audrey's scene with Gregory" - do PVRs get worn out if you play the same scene over and over :o)

K

:D:D:D I think a rewatch of the episode would clear up any queries.
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadence wrote: »
    Much prefer Gregory Fitoussi in Spiral to his role in Mr. Selfridge!

innit...he really doesn't work for me in Mr Selfridge but I can't imagine Spiral without him..............
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

K

Your bits might..............:D
  • JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    This is the first season of Spiral I've watched so don't know anything of any other seasons. I also have only watched the first 2 episodes of this season as I'm recording it.

Could anybody shed any light on this - when Gregory Fitoussi goes to see Jorkal in the prison, the latter mentions something about not describing a man who goes to the aid of a troubled child as a paedophile, and he seemed to be referring to the lawyer himself, who seemed a bit narked by the comparison.

What was being referred to ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JT Effect wrote: »
    This is the first season of Spiral I've watched so don't know anything of any other seasons. I also have only watched the first 2 episodes of this season as I'm recording it.

Could anybody shed any light on this - when Gregory Fitoussi goes to see Jorkal in the prison, the latter mentions something about not describing a man who goes to the aid of a troubled child as a paedophile, and he seemed to be referring to the lawyer himself, who seemed a bit narked by the comparison.

What was being referred to ?

Jorkal is referring to something that happened in the previous series, I'll spoiler tag it just in case.
    Pierre was accused of raping a teenage boy he was defending.
  • 1066andallthat1066andallthat Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do France not have an equivalent to the UK PACE (Police and Criminal Evidence) Act?

PACE was brought in as our cops could not be trusted. Seems like France is still in the 1970s (a la Life on Mars).

It adds to the drama though. Nice to see a bit of rule breaking left right and centre. Reminds me of The Sweeney.
  • JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    Thank you, horsesvcats for answering my question :).

That's quite an accusation ... I wish I'd watched previous seasons now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

K

edit: sod it, I'll just have to watch it all again!

K
    OK, I've rewatched it and Laure says "they must be heading for Cergy station" (which I thought was a train/metro station) but presumably is the Police HQ. And Laure does indeed note that "he's got the badge", referring to the jacket rather than the pass key...

K
  • ChrissyanChrissyan Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I think Laure worked out that they had a pass/badge when they opened the gates with it to get out of HQ. She is just a smart cookie, quick on the uptake, unlike me who had to ask my o/h how she knew they had a pass.:rolleyes:
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh I might be the only one here but having watched all three previous seasons and really enjoyed them Im struggling with this one. It seems a bit all over the place..Also most of the cast members look like they need a good rest and a soak in the bath. Does no one buy clothes in any colour other than dark blue grey or black with the exception of Ms Karllson who is the only one who has any colour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrissyan wrote: »
    I think Laure worked out that they had a pass/badge when they opened the gates with it to get out of HQ. She is just a smart cookie, quick on the uptake, unlike me who had to ask my o/h how she knew they had a pass.:rolleyes:
    not sure. She makes the statement when she sees the driver on the CCTV, while they're still in the car park (I think)?

K
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jorkal is referring to something that happened in the previous series, I'll spoiler tag it just in case.
    Pierre was accused of raping a teenage boy he was defending.

And which
    he didn't do! He was trying to be nice by helping him out, and let him stay in his flat, but then boy then called rape. I forgot what happened - did he ask for money to withdraw the claim, or something?

Blimey - last night was a bit dramatic wasn't it? Tintin! Poor Tintin, nobody's mentioned him yet! :eek:
  • LondonKiwiLondonKiwi Posts: 2,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not sure. She makes the statement when she sees the driver on the CCTV, while they're still in the car park (I think)?

K

She seems them in the car use a pass/badge to open the barrier to exit le parking.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    And which
    he didn't do! He was trying to be nice by helping him out, and let him stay in his flat, but then boy then called rape. I forgot what happened - did he ask for money to withdraw the claim, or something?

Blimey - last night was a bit dramatic wasn't it? Tintin! Poor Tintin, nobody's mentioned him yet! :eek:

Well that's answered a question of mine, I couldn't work out who it was that had been shot.

Tintin is the only one that keeps Laure and Gilou even remotely on the straight and narrow, if he dies they'll go off at the deep end.

As for Gilou he has two cases to answer to the IGS about

1) Associating with known criminals

2) Threatening a fellow officer (Pujade)

I assume when a character mentioned Special Branch they meant the DCRI

Actually when Sophie went to the cop shop I fully expected her to turn out to be working for the DCRI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems them in the car use a pass/badge to open the barrier to exit le parking.

but she states "it's him - he's got THE badge", not "a badge" (while his shoulder badge is in view) and later, she says to the boss "there's no proof, but I saw the badge on his arm"...

K
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    overnights are a bit disappointing:

21:00 - ep 1/12: 594k (2.65%)
    21:55 - ep 2/12: 433k (2.2%)

i don't think there was an HD simulcast, so these are the totals...

K
    21:00 - Spiral (ep 3/12): 454k (2.0%)
    21:55 - Spiral (ep 4/12): 408k (2.1%)

So it's down in the overnights and now well below the slot average. Last week's episodes consolidated to 823k (3.3%) and 653k (3.1%), each adding over 200k.
    (thanks to NeilVW in the ratings thread)

K