Big Mike best singer

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,239
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Its one of them. If america wants a original artist doing there thing its Crystal by a mile.

If were voting the show on who has the best voice its Mike by a mile. Mike's vocal range is in a different league to the others. :)

Comments

• galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    I totally agree with you about Mike being the best singer and if there is any justice he should win. I don't think Crystal is actually all that original and I'm beginning to think the girls are overrated. Outside the show there are loads of female singer/songwriters doing the same thing as Crystal/Lily etc ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    galena wrote: »
    I totally agree with you about Mike being the best singer and if there is any justice he should win. I don't think Crystal is actually all that original and I'm beginning to think the girls are overrated. Outside the show there are loads of female singer/songwriters doing the same thing as Crystal/Lily etc ..

Yeah got a feeling she will be around for a while though. Hoping Mike can win this and would like to see Andy Garcia put in a good performance. Its frustrating watching him cause i think he has got something and is not showing it.:)
  • RevenReven Posts: 2,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought he was good the first week, excellent last week, and a bit wtf and a bit weird this week. The high parts at the start and end were off, pitch-wise, and I couldn't understand the judges ott reaction to it. Still too full of himself but glad to see he's toned it down a bit. Not enough, though. Was Kara fake crying to get us to forget about her bitchy personality? Didn't work if she was but I have to admit I don't know if she was being fake or not. I kinda hope she was. Still not sold on you Kara though you're a bit better this year than you were last year. I can see Ellen passing you out if you don't lose the bitchface, though.
  • Finchy44Finchy44 Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Mike has been brilliant the last two weeks and I hope he does really well. He also has a great demeanor and comes over as a real friendly giant. Good luck to him!

In another thread someone suggested that he shouldn't be in the top 12 at all, I was in total shock:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At times he does seem smug and a tad bit overconfident.. but I do agree he put in strong performances in the past 2 weeks n thoroughly deserved his place in the final 12
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arsnl wrote: »
    At times he does seem smug and a tad bit overconfident.. but I do agree he put in strong performances in the past 2 weeks n thoroughly deserved his place in the final 12

He is american there all like that lol :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's nowhere near as good as Crysal vocally IMO
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were admiring the way he took on a difficult Maxwell song (a unique artist with a huge vocal range) and made it sound good.

I agree with them. When they announced it was a Maxwell song I groaned, expecting him to make a right mess of it.

Kudos to him - he deserves his place. and to stay a while. Still love Crystal's voice too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were admiring the way he took on a difficult Maxwell song (a unique artist with a huge vocal range) and made it sound good.

I agree with them. When they announced it was a Maxwell song I groaned, expecting him to make a right mess of it.

Kudos to him - he deserves his place. and to stay a while. Still love Crystal's voice too.

Yep i agree with you. Crystal is my favorite from the female artists and i am torn between Big Mike and Andrew Garcia from the male artists. Hoping Andrew gets his act together this week and puts on the performance he is capable of doing.:)
  • zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were admiring the way he took on a difficult Maxwell song.
    Kate Bush song you mean.
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    I DESPISED his version of Kate Bush's fantastic This Woman's work.

He took a beautiful song sung with depth, emotion and beauty and ruined it with all the OOT notes, screaming which it clearly doesnt need.

Would have much rathered Alex or Toderick in the Top 12 ahead of him, i am just not getting him at all. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah its Kate Bush.. he tried to do the Maxwell version.. Didn't expect anyone brave enough to tackle Maxwell on AI.. kudos to him..
  • zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    arsnl wrote: »
    Yeah its Kate Bush.. he tried to do the Maxwell version.. Didn't expect anyone brave enough to tackle Maxwell on AI.. kudos to him..
    Fair enough. To me, it's a Kate cover tho', whatever it sounds like. Maxwell gives a 'big up' to Kate at the beginning of his live version HERE and that's cool.
    Maxwell singing the song (written from a females point of view) works unexpectedly well, (even tho' I much prefer the original myself) and he obviously plays on Kate's vocal style.

What I don't like is everybody saying that it's a Maxwell cover - when it's not - even if it sounds like Maxwell's version.

If a band played/sang 'The Man Who Sold The World' in Nirvana style, would people say that the song was a Nirvana cover or David Bowie cover?

*edit - ignore my waffling - I'm just too much of a Kate fan sometimes! heh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what I like about AI.. giving breath to some great songs out there which may not be known to others.. I've already started looking for the Kate Bush version.. and yes, I also didn't know it was her song.. thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't rate him at all. Like someone said "Mr Uterus" - yeah what a back story.
  • mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I DESPISED his version of Kate Bush's fantastic This Woman's work.

He took a beautiful song sung with depth, emotion and beauty and ruined it with all the OOT notes, screaming which it clearly doesnt need.

Would have much rathered Alex or Toderick in the Top 12 ahead of him, i am just not getting him at all. :confused:

I totally agree with you. In fact when I heard the judges' comments I thought I must have been listening to a different song and performer. I much preferred Toderick's voice as well - there was a sweeter tone to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tbh, Crystal is vocally best but Mike is deffo best of the boys
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, it's out of Crystal and Didi.