Options

I shockingly found myself agreeing with Louis for the 1st time ever!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
Forum Member
Kye is missing something. What is it? I can't see him doing well in 'the real world'. He's very likeable, but I don't care at all for his performances. Even not on saturday when he did Robbie's song. I love that song, but I thought it was very fake and he was just trying to copy Robbie, rather than being himself. So are me and Louis alone on this? Or are you agreeing? And if so, what is it that Kye is missing?

Comments

• Options
    Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    The likeability factor perhaps? IMO. Hes a bit meh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I think he needs to sing something along the lines of his audition, take something and twist it and make it his own instead of singing samey-samey songs.
  • Options
    Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    He has very little charisma or stage presence, his voice sounds incredibly flat a lot of the time. It adds up to a very dreary experience. I just don't think a career in music is for him. :o
  • Options
    IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bland, average voice, no stage presence and nothing special to look at.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he has range but just can not NAIL a KILLER NOTE!! a bit frustrating actually!!

unlike james who for all his hand flailing always has a structure (however rudimentary) and knows how to take a song in one direction (no pun intended, love them both) and make it CLIMAX there!!
  • Options
    LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quoting what Louis said on Saturday night "There is something missing I think it's the X Factor".

He is in danger this week.
  • Options
    Walter WhiteWalter White Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bland, average voice, no stage presence and nothing special to look at.

Basically that , even if he did pull off a miracle and won he would be dropped and forgotton about within a year , as with Jade he just hasn't got 'it'.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kye reminds me of Daniel DeBourg (he of the famous 'Buttercup' performance):D

This is Daniel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpYlKKMaiQg

He was in the Overs 2007

At least Kye has survived to week 5 - Daniel was out on week 2 ;)
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member

He is in danger this week.

Agreed I think he has a locked on position for the bottom 2...

Its the other place thats up for grabs against him - I'd imagine Rylan, D3 or Lucy possibly... I guess we would hope Chris too ;)

UJ *Should* get a vote bump and Ella, Jahmene and James I think are there for the duration
  • Options
    LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its the other place thats up for grabs against him - I'd imagine Rylan, D3 or Lucy possibly... I guess we would hope Chris too ;)

UJ *Should* get a vote bump and Ella, Jahmene and James I think are there for the duration

Could be a Kye and Lucy bottom 2, with only Gary voting to save Kye the other judges will say he isn't connecting with the audience.

I think thing's are being set up for a battle of the boybands sing off in week 6 (the week One Direction will be performing).
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I completely agreed with this too, he doesn't have the "XFactor" even when he gives a very good performance. I think it's his attitude/personality, he comes across as a bit arrogant and unlikable. He's fairly boring aswell, I wouldn't particularly notice if he were in the competition or not.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    Could be a Kye and Lucy bottom 2, with only Gary voting to save Kye the other judges will say he isn't connecting with the audience.

I think thing's are being set up for a battle of the boybands sing off in week 6 (the week One Direction performing).

That too I can see being a big possibility as well - which ever one does remain out of the two of them I think will be there until the final 4/5...

I can't see any of Gary's acts staying by a majority vote - Tulisa doesn't like the Overs category IMO and Louis doesn't like Kye or Christopher.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is just too forgettable. I think that is his major issue - this combined with the fact his performances are mediocre (regularly flat, for example). Every week I really forgot he's in the competition. I also had a bit of a "mind fart" earlier when I couldn't remember who was in the bottom two with MK1. He'll be gone soon, I think. Possibly next week.
  • Options
    NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    Eve Elle wrote: »
    He has very little charisma or stage presence, his voice sounds incredibly flat a lot of the time. It adds up to a very dreary experience. I just don't think a career in music is for him. :o

This is how i feel. He is just an empty shell, nothing much inside apart from desperation which he reeks of.
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ella, Jahmene and James will be the finalists. Lucy and Christopher will be battling to finish in 4th and 5th with the rest of the contestants being the eliminations until then.

Kye can sing and perform but he's completely dead behind the eyes and lacks stage presence. It's really strange because he should be good, but he isn't. I get the impression he thinks he's much better than he actually is.
  • Options
    ArtistBaptistaArtistBaptista Posts: 7,441
    Forum Member
    On a personable level he reminds me of a minor/Z list celebrity already rather than someone you'd bump into on the street. When he tried to highlight his chimney sweep profession earlier in the series, it didn't really wash.