The Eternity Clock (PS3, Vita, PC)

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alegl5141 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be at all surprised if the delay was so that the launch could coincide with series 7 :(

Call me impatient, but I'd rather have it now than wait for autumn.I don't want the show to start suffering from "bus syndrome" where you wait ages for one and then they all come along at once.

That would be pretty crazy, seeings as it was originally announced for March. I doubt they'd overshoot their target release by a month and just say: "You know what? Let's just wait another 7 months so that it can coincide with the start of series 7."

They're rapidly running out of time to get the game out in April. It wouldn't be a massive problem, but I want this game to do well, so there's more of them and the potential can be further exploited. It's not going to sell well, though, if all the 3 trailers were months ago and they still haven't given a damn release date ages down the line...
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I get this game, it'll be the PC version. I dont have a PS3/PSVita. Any hints of what the system requirements might be?

Not about to enter into superiority/inferiority PS3 vs XBox360 arguments ... I'll leave that rubbish to the Gaming forum!
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    They might be holding back so they can merge in with the BBC pre season publicity for series 7. Get the benefit of the BBC expenditure in creating general Who buzz.

Or its just buggy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's now the last day of April, and there still isn't even a release date for the game.

As of now there's no update about the situation on the game's official twitter page (http://twitter.com/#!/doctorwhotec) but hopefully that'll be rectified soon, even if it's just to explain why there's been another delay.

Whatever the case, the claims of 'This March' in the original trailers now look tragically optimistic.
  • Options
    EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fire Host wrote: »
    Whatever the case, the claims of 'This March' in the original trailers now look tragically optimistic.

Perhaps the nature of the game is that it appears at different points in time, so that there isn't a release date as such, just an existence schedule...Much like the TARDIS or the island from LOST?
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys aren't big gamers huh, go research Duke Nukem forever

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Duke_Nukem_Forever
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You guys aren't big gamers huh, go research Duke Nukem forever

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Duke_Nukem_Forever

Well, yeah, but it seems reasonable that not every video game should have a development time greater than the life-span of a St Bernard.

You could also point out Half-Life 3 and The Last Guardian as exciting titles that never seem to get any closer to release, but the difference there is that no-one promised us those games would be out this March. And then this April.

EDIT: Simon Harris (the executive producer) has said on his Twitter page that they're 'putting the finishing touches' to it (exactly what they said a month ago) and that there'll be an announcement soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, yeah, but it seems reasonable that not every video game should have a development time greater than the life-span of a St Bernard.

You could also point out Half-Life 3 and The Last Guardian as exciting titles that never seem to get any closer to release, but the difference there is that no-one promised us those games would be out this March. And then this April.

EDIT: Simon Harris (the executive producer) has said on his Twitter page that they're 'putting the finishing touches' to it (exactly what they said a month ago) and that there'll be an announcement soon.

I wouldn't point out Half-Life 3 to be exciting at all lol

But the point is, it's naive to expect a game to come out when the devs say it'll be out, 98% of the time, it's going to get delayed, sometimes again and again!
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member

If they were putting the finishing touches to it, wouldn't they have at least set a date by now? Once the coding's finished, there's a big process to go through to get it published, let alone get it produced if it's also going on the shelves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they were putting the finishing touches to it, wouldn't they have at least set a date by now? Once the coding's finished, there's a big process to go through to get it published, let alone get it produced if it's also going on the shelves.

So you would think...
    I wouldn't point out Half-Life 3 to be exciting at all lol

But the point is, it's naive to expect a game to come out when the devs say it'll be out, 98% of the time, it's going to get delayed, sometimes again and again!

Not a Half-Life fan? EXTERMINATE THE HERETIC! ;)

But seriously, it's not naive. Obviously lots of games do have delays (but nowhere near 98%) but when in January a game developer says their game will be ready for March, it seems fairly reasonable to trust them. They're developing the game after all, they've got all the information on how much they've got to finish and how fast they're working at finishing it.
    To then delay the game into April is reasonable, especially if they just want it polish some things off.

But to still not have a release date by May means it's now starting to feel like we're just being led along.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a Half-Life fan? EXTERMINATE THE HERETIC! ;)

when in January a game developer says their game will be ready for March, it seems fairly reasonable to trust them.

I enjoyed Half Life 2, wouldn't say it was anything special though.

Really? To me that doesn't seem like enough time to make the game, unless they were almost done when they announced that it'd be out in March.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperMassive Games tweeted this link on May 3 http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/news/articles/detail/item487852/Set-screwdriver-to-scan/

Release date still says 24 April though. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    SuperMassive Games tweeted this link on May 3 http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/news/articles/detail/item487852/Set-screwdriver-to-scan/

Release date still says 24 April though. :rolleyes:

Why is the Doctor being played by Dr. Christian Jessen from Embarrassing Bodies?
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did the BBC disrespect fans and not make this for the xbox.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    Why did the BBC disrespect fans and not make this for the xbox.

At least it's getting a PC release, that's 2/3 bases covered (no I'm not counting the Wii).

Also, developers they picked to make the game are owned by Sony, I believe. They're hardly going to make the game tailored for an opponent's product.

Plus Xbox is developed by Microsoft, and the BBC and Microsoft haven't seen eye to eye before - for example when Microsoft wanted BBC iPlayer on the XBox360, and it took 3 years of discussions for it to happen because Microsoft wanted to charge people to use it (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/microsoft/9153673/BBC-iPlayer-launches-on-Xbox-360.html).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-eternity-clock-due-late-may-33742.htm

Might be good news, I guess, although given their ability to stick to release dates so far we should probably shouldn't get our hopes up too high...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I hope they do stick to the Late May date. The delays are getting slighty annoying though I suppose its better to have a delay than a buggy game. I'm going to have to wait for the PC version though as I don't have a PS3 or Vita