Next classic monster to return?

OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
Forum Member
✭✭
Would like to see: The Sea Devils

Would bet on it being: The Sea Devils

Mine just happened to be the same answer for the 2 questions...What about everyone else?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rutans (as the gods of ancient Greece ?)

The Mara, 'Snakes on a Brain'
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    Rutans (as the gods of ancient Greece ?)

The Mara, 'Snakes on a Brain'

rutans versus sontarans please

well, they've been bothering each other for 10000 years apparently :D
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would like to see: Zygons
    What it probably will be: Yeti
  • sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Zygons and the Ice Warriors simply HAVE to comeback, so cool
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Also, I know their not classic series monsters but would love to see the Toclafane return
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another vote for the Ice Warriors
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Another vote for the Ice Warriors

Same here and also agree about The Sea Devils.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member

I'd second that, my money is on the Ice Warriors being back before the Zygons. Having said that, do you not think the Prisoner Zeros' shape shifting ability is too similar to the Zygons, perhaps they're distant space relatives or something.

Given there has been a bit of an Egyptian motif in the back ground since the Moff tookover, I'd love to see Sutekh back, but that seems a bit too obvious for the Moff, so I'm not expecting it to happen.

Some mentioned NuWho monsters, & I'd like to see more of the Sycorax - perhaps, because they didn't return to their home world, having been blown to smithereens (which is preferable to being blown to Slitheens), a whole battle fleet comes in search of them, looking for revenge.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel, she made anyone scream with terror!:D
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Sea Devils, Ice Warriors and Yeti all sound good to me. As long as they don't re-vamp them too much like they did The Silurians....they were unrecognisable! They might have well been a new species!!
    I often wondered what a 21st century CGI Mechanoid would look like? And those funny Quarks! :)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    IF the Ice Warriors were brought back it would be a nice touch if Alan Bennion and Sonny Caldinez who played Ice Warriors several times in old Who were given a cameo role (assuming they are both still alive)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumour has it - and by rumour I basically mean unfounded speculation - is that the and are returning in Series 7. I'd take it with a pretty mountainous pile of salt, though...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like the Mondas Cybermen to return.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Scaroth of Jagaroth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimthepig wrote: »

Debatably happened in the The Pandorica Opens, A Good Man Goes to War, and Closing Time, depending on how much store you set by them not having a 'C' on the chest plate.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sea Devils, Ice Warriors and Yeti all sound good to me. As long as they don't re-vamp them too much like they did The Silurians....they were unrecognisable! They might have well been a new species!!
    I often wondered what a 21st century CGI Mechanoid would look like? And those funny Quarks! :)

There's nothing funny about Quarks! :(
  • John t BaptistJohn t Baptist Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    i'd like Sil to return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimthepig wrote: »

seconded!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HeadLouse wrote: »
    I'd second that, my money is on the Ice Warriors being back before the Zygons. Having said that, do you not think the Prisoner Zeros' shape shifting ability is too similar to the Zygons, perhaps they're distant space relatives or something.

Given there has been a bit of an Egyptian motif in the back ground since the Moff tookover, I'd love to see Sutekh back, but that seems a bit too obvious for the Moff, so I'm not expecting it to happen.

Excellently observed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I also vote for Rutans versus Sontarans.

Could be a grand war story told over lots of episodes with big space ships and lots of lovely peril.

Just let's not have the Sontarans do that wierd "Sontar-ha" nonsense. It was a bit camp.

The conflict itself has clearly played out away from our eyes and the Doctor. Would be good to see it interfered with and pitched out of balance so that we can have some impact on the galactic neigbourhood before the Doctor sorts it out.

Spaceships and frickin' lasers for a few episodes. Some Private Ryan bits thrown in.

Chaos!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sontarans vs The Rutans was covered in the last Adventure Game (the Gunpowder Plot). It's not impossible, but I'd be surprised if they went over it in the main series as well.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ice warriors!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    War Machines! :) WOTAN! :D

"Doctor Who!" :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member

Agreed :D:D
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member

They are my favourite classic baddies. I like the fact they only appeared in the TV series once, and am in two minds as to whether I'd like to see them return. As long as they merely update their appearance, no radical redesign.