Options

Holly Willoughby on This Morning

Comments

• Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Q. Is Holly settling into the show well Yes or No? One winner who voted for each respective answer wins a behind the scenes visit to the show....... Holly's fate is in your hands viewers.

Personally I don't watch the show - but wouldn't it be good if viewers could participate in deciding who is best for the show?
  • Options
    RuudRuud Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holly is much better then old fern
    Simples
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly is going to be a complete nightmare, when she finally finds her feet on This Morning. She's going to be an arrogant egomaniac like Schofield is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    So with that you acknowledge that like many other working mums she if she wished to continue her careeer had to go back to work when she did or risk not having any work .

Perhaps its time you came down off that judgmental pedestal of yours , you may have an opinion, it doesnt mean its fact.

Perhaps I just wish she'd stayed at home with her kid and ended her career. Let's face it, she brings absolutely nothing special, unique or dazzling to the world of light entertainment.
    To boot she's more concerned about her career than bonding with her kid. Nice woman.
    She's wrecked This Morning. Am only going to watch it when the other two are presenting from now on.
    It's painfully dull overwise and more than a little bit embarrassing to watch.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's very bland, blonde, inoffensive - probably exactly what they were looking for.

They wouldn't want to rock the boat too much by bringing in anybody Phil might not get along with, seeing as Mr Golden Handcuffs has such a hold over ITV these days! :D
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly is going to be a complete nightmare, when she finally finds her feet on This Morning. She's going to be an arrogant egomaniac like Schofield is.
    It looks like Phil and Holly are on a four-day week contract (wish they only did Fridays) because the more homely Eamonn and Ruth are on this morning and I like them much better as they're both pretty laid back!
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yep much prefer Ruth and Eamonn they are both really relaxed in each other's company and it makes a better programme, i know i know give Holly time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eamonn can be a touch sarcastic at times but at least he and Ruth aren't a couple of showbiz luvvies.

Fern and Phil's smug double act became tiresome months ago - thank God it's finally over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Eamon's sarcasm. Much more entertaining than Phil and Holly/Fern's simpering fake tilt of the head and insincere smirks.
    I don't mind Ruth either. She's always taking the p*ss out of Eamon and I think the way she's modelled her barnet on that bloke from Spinal Tap is pure genius!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't satnd Eamon or Ruth how that Chef didn't throw something at them today I don't know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show's only on from 1030-1230 - it's not exactly a full time job is it? I can see exactly why she would take the job - I presume she gets all afternoon and evening with her child and probably doesn't leave the house until about 0800 - four days a week - I bet there are many working mums who would kill for hours like that....and as for there being no fake smiles on Ruth's day - purlease....I've seen more sincerity on Dale Winton's face...

Considering she's probably in studio at crack of dawn and hangs around a few hrs after for next days show, it probably is a full time job. I have never liked her and think this super smiley personality is fake. I remember a few years back when she was just a red carpet showbiz reporter she was totally different and her presenting style abrupt, sarcy and she could be really rude to far bigger celebs than herself. She seems to have totally reinvented herself to get better and bigger jobs.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member

He is pretty quick to forget his TV career was only brought back from the ashes of nonentity because of the John Leslie saga. Now, of course, he is ITV's blue eyed boy with presenting slots on just about anything he wants. A tiresome little twerp and so camp too:rolleyes:
  • Options
    bel110bel110 Posts: 14,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beccyl wrote: »
    Considering she's probably in studio at crack of dawn and hangs around a few hrs after for next days show, it probably is a full time job. I have never liked her and think this super smiley personality is fake. I remember a few years back when she was just a red carpet showbiz reporter she was totally different and her presenting style abrupt, sarcy and she could be really rude to far bigger celebs than herself. She seems to have totally reinvented herself to get better and bigger jobs.

Yup plus let's not forget her other little weekend job presenting xtra factor ... which will certainly require a lot of rehearsal time on a Friday and other filming commitments during the week ... so hardly a part timer ... I'd be surprised if she were spending more than a few hours a day with her baby at this rate ... not sure how she's managing the night feeds on this schedule either ...maybe she's got a live in nanny!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't satnd Eamon or Ruth how that Chef didn't throw something at them today I don't know.

yea particularly Eamon, couldnt believe how rude he was to that chef, especially at the end
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    He is pretty quick to forget his TV career was only brought back from the ashes of nonentity because of the John Leslie saga. Now, of course, he is ITV's blue eyed boy with presenting slots on just about anything he wants. A tiresome little twerp and so camp too:rolleyes:
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    MariaellaMariaella Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a whole different atmosphere around the show when Ruth and Eamonn present. It's like a completely different programme; much more relaxed and easy viewing.

Eamonn's 'caustic' remarks should be taken, as they are intended, with a pinch of salt.

I have to acknowledge, however, that Phillip can be a very good interviewer and Holly hasn't made any gaffes so far, that I have noticed.
  • Options
    MubMub Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Give the girl a break. It's a different gig than she's had before. It's a flagship programme for ITV and she's following a much-loved presenter. It must be quite daunting. Come back in a couple of months and see if you think she's so awful then.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    bel110 wrote: »
    Yup plus let's not forget her other little weekend job presenting xtra factor ... which will certainly require a lot of rehearsal time on a Friday and other filming commitments during the week ... so hardly a part timer ...
    which is why she won't be doing it next year. They'll have to find a new host - Zoe Salmon perhaps? I'm sure the tabloids said she was interested a few months ago.
  • Options
    Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    Who looks after the baby when Holly is doing 2 shows at once? Husband, Parents, Maybe a nanny as the highly paid have.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member

Quite agree.

Plus she got the job 'cos Phil is clearly besotted with her - he's a funny age bless him.
    It also helped that Eamonn's p.a is Holly's sister.
    Keeping it in the family or what?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup plus let's not forget her other little weekend job presenting xtra factor ... which will certainly require a lot of rehearsal time on a Friday and other filming commitments during the week ... so hardly a part timer ... I'd be surprised if she were spending more than a few hours a day with her baby at this rate ... not sure how she's managing the night feeds on this schedule either ...maybe she's got a live in nanny!

Deleted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed...she probably has. Despite seemingly ONLY having two little part-time jobs, considering she has a 4 month old son, the girl must be working like a b*stard and must hardly see the nipper. Poor kid. Still, I imagine material goods etc will make up for the lack of a mother around the place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spoilt Kid wrote: »
    Agreed...she probably has. Despite seemingly ONLY having two little part-time jobs, considering she has a 4 month old son, the girl must be working like a b*stard and must hardly see the nipper. Poor kid. Still, I imagine material goods etc will make up for the lack of a mother around the place.

Oh give it a rest will you, we get it, she's a terrible mother. You bleating on about it isn't going to change anything is it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    RomusRomus Posts: 4,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compared to Fern Britton, Holly is the silent, dopey faced woman in the corner.

I don't regularly watch the show - I've seen it for a few moments in the last few days and I find Holly an embarrassment. She has nothing to say about anything. Her interjections don't mean much.

Philly may have chosen her because she can present without reading everything from an autocue - but she needs an active brain and some experience of life for this programme. Poor little Holly seems to have neither.

She'd be better off at home talking to her young child.:cool: