Worst Actor In Soap History

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sean, Molly and Rosie in Coronation Street. They're all cringe worthy "actors".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Dot Cotton wrote: »
    The Cast of Emmerdale

I dont want to appear picky, but you have made a spelling error.
    This is how you should have spelt Emmerdale: EastEnders.:D
  • soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of the actors being named play 'annoying' characters...I think there's a crossover and some people may be confusing the two...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Ann George aka Amy Turtle, Crossroads - dire!

Leslie Grantham

Most of Corrie at the moment sadly, esp Rosie, Sophie & Dev
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Amy turtle the cleaner in crossroads in the 1970s--she WAS dreadful!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    JoJoMac wrote: »
    Ann George aka Amy Turtle, Crossroads - dire!

Leslie Grantham

Most of Corrie at the moment sadly, esp Rosie, Sophie & Dev

How can Leslie Grantham be the worst Soap Actor when the Den and Angie Christmas divorce paper scene clocked up over 30million viewers and is still in the top 5 biggest viewer numbers ever! He was the best in Eastenders
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Seen him in the flesh so to speak - couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, bless.
    Got carried along with the hype of it all - watch it out of context & see it for what it - & he - really was, grim viewing.
    Chrissie, you did the nation a favour love!
  • ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    Theatress wrote: »
    How can Leslie Grantham be the worst Soap Actor when the Den and Angie Christmas divorce paper scene clocked up over 30million viewers and is still in the top 5 biggest viewer numbers ever! He was the best in Eastenders

Most the cast of the past couldn't act.
    JoJoMac wrote: »
    Seen him in the flesh so to speak - couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, bless.
    Got carried along with the hype of it all - watch it out of context & see it for what it - & he - really was, grim viewing.
    Chrissie, you did the nation a favour love!

Hmm... he wouldn't be acting with you in real life.
  • ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    Beth Rhy's sister/girlfriend she always sounded like she was reading her lines off an autocue.

Definately one of the worse there was. The only time I ever found her even almost believable was the night the Ashworths found out about the relationship and she had a confrontation with Gilly. It was, IMO, Sinead's stand out moment on the show. Which wasn't saying much.

A lot of the current Hollyoaks cast are quite bad.

The Valentines. Leo can, at times, be a joy to watch. But I wouldn't miss him. The rest are just awful.

Fernando. Just blah.

Gilly. Lovable as the character is, I can't take Antony's acting seriously.

Josh.

Neville. At times, he shows potential, which makes me wonder if he just needs a big storyline of his own.

Ravi.
    Anita. Good grief, can they not just stop dragging it out and just get rid of the whole family??

Amy. I though Ashley was brilliant back when Ste started abusing Amy, but she went downhill pretty much after. Her acting since she returned has, IMO, been awful. I wouldn't put her first for the axe though. Without her, I fear there would be nothing else to do but axe Mike. Keeping Amy on is a small price to pay for that, IMO.

India.

Suzanne, I'm sort of hit and miss with.

It's a shame, because there are some brilliant actors on the show. The Osbourne's (+Steph & Tom) are probably the strongest remaining cast members. Unfortunately, we don't see them as much any more.

The McQueens again are made up great actresses, but they can at times be overused on quite naff storylines.
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only watch EastEnders but do occasionally see Hollyoaks.

Current cast:

Darren Miller and Ben Mitchell in EastEnders.

Archie in Hollyoaks. Appalling.

Past cast:

Kerrie Skinner in EastEnders

Foz in Hollyoaks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember that American guy who was in hollyoaks for a while. Cant remember the characters name but he lived with the gay fashion student and Dannii before she was with Russ. He was TERRIBLE!!!! I think in the end he was axed and was given the worst exit ever when the character was so terrified of a mouse in their flat he gave up on his degree and moved back to America.

Also second those who said the girl that played Beth. I actually stopped watching Hollyoaks because of her.

There was also Olivia, the student with the massive hair who died in the fire, she was dreadful!!! Oh and Jez, the posh blonde guy.
  • Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tjbantam wrote: »
    Seeing as i started this, i should probably contribute. So my worst top 5 are:

5: At least half the cast of Hollyoaks
    4: Rosie (Corrie)
    3: Grayson (Emmerdale). Had previously been in Sky1's 'Mile High'. Nuff said!
    2: Jonny (emmerdale). Not the worst acting, but definitely the worst attempt at an english accent!
    1: Sally Spode (emmerdale). Sian Reeves is a good actress, so why is Sally more wooden than the Cumberland Pencil Museum?

Despite the high number of emmerdale actors/characters, it's still my fave!

I met the actor who played Jonny - Richard Grieve - once, and that is in fact the accent that he now speaks in in real life, believe it or not, not just adopted for Emmerdale. (He's a really lovely man, BTW.)
  • brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laetitia whatsername who played Sharon in Eastenders. She should've stuck to singing. She was marginally better at it.

Standing out as a bad actor in Eastenders. My, that's one hell of an achievement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coronation Street: Adam Rickett, Helen Flanagan, Bruce Jones, Nigel Pivario.

Emmerdale: Maxwell Caulfield stands out in a generally excellent cast. Until recently I'd have said Alex Carter but he's improved massively recently. Without doubt though Emmerdale's worst were the soapstars winners, man they were bad!

Eastenders: John Altman, Peter Dean, Michelle Ryan. Fella playing Charlie Slater.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    another vote for beth, the one who died. HO.

And the guy who plays Mark Wylde. flamming awful.
  • malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holly Barton (she went to the Amy Turtle school of acting)!
    Andy Sugden
    Marlon Dingle
    Lisa Dingle
    Rosie Webster
    Sean Tully
    Ryan Connor
    Phil Mitchell
    Lucy Beale
    Abby Branning
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    There's a lot of characters I hate or find annoying but I wouldn't put it down to bad acting. But the only two that do stick out for me are Sean Tully and Rosie Webster from Corrie. I don't get anything from either character, they don't come across as authentic and I think that is down to the acting.
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cherry7Up wrote: »
    Corrie -
    Steve McDonald
    Les Battersby
    Dev.
    Rosie,Sally,Kevin Webster
    Sarah Platt
    Samir (Sp? - briefly married to Deidre)

Eastenders -
    Martin Fowler
    Lucy Beale
    Peggy Mitchell
    Roxy Mitchell
    Darren Miller
    Dawn
    Nick Cotton
    Zoe Slater

Emmerdale
    Donna
    Kelly Windsor
    Marlon Dingle
    I agree with most of these but I can't agree with Steve MacDonald. I think Simon Gregson is a good comic actor. Corrie bosses must like him cos years ago they got rid of the whole MacDonald family, but they kept Steve. He's still there, 20 years or so after he started.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too many to mention on Brookside but Tracy Corkhill - whoever played her character was bad.

Henry in Neighbours but tbh he wasn't really trying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two words to strike fear into the heart of anyone who likes Neighbours but also likes acting: Bridget Parker. An awful character made even worse by the manure machine who played her.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Neighbours and Home & Away have both had their fair share of stinkers. Previously St Bridget and currently Sunny Lee are the worst that I can think of, but I think there have also been several cast members where the writers have had to come up with reasons for them not to speak for the first few months, while they train them up!

I don't blame the actors though, it is is more the fault of the producers who hire competition winners, pop idol finalists anyone who happens to be passing by who looks mildly 'hot' etc instead of hiring professional actors.

that Irish guy who was in Neighbours - Connor?
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    chinchin wrote: »
    Paul Byatt from Holby City (ex of Brookside) -so wooden as to be a complete plank!

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/liverpoolecho/jul2008/4/0/4FAF3778-E59F-D784-0782B690C35BC3F5.jpg

that's not Paul Byatt - it's Mark Monaghan who played Greg Shadwick. Paul Byatt played Mike Dixon.
    Both are pretty good actors in my opinion.
  • TimWil014TimWil014 Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    ELDORADO: Kathy Pitkin (Fizz). She was the pits.

EE: Yet another vote for poor little battered Gemma McCluskey (Kerry), who always had on a green raincoat no matter what the weather.

Derek Martin (Charlie)-absolutely pitiful. When the character feels the need to cry he looks constipated.

And the child actor who played Nita's little boy was one of the all-time worst and that's saying a lot.

CORONATION STREET: Jimi Harkishin, without a doubt. His line-readings are bizarre.

HOLLYOAKS: The girl who plays Michaela McQueen. Lordy, talk about overacting.
  • TimWil014TimWil014 Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Re: Natalie Cassidy-she was a very good child actress and passable as a young teen but surprisingly unbearable as a young adult. For one thing Sonia suddenly took to calling acquaintances "darling," something Sonia would never have done. Cassidy used that endearment often in interviews so it obviously crept into Sonia's vocabulary as well but shouldn't have.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollyoaks
    Beth..
    Sasha..
    The guy playing the famous artist this week.. :P
    Nicole Owens mate who disappeared... Candy was it!?

Enders
    I know she was only young but the kid who played Rebecca was SO bad. "Granny Margaret!!" :sleep: