Will Amir Khan get knocked out this weekend?

Comments

• MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Why on earth wouldn't brits want him to win? Britain is going to be on the boxing map again with Haye and Kahn leading the fight.

I hope he demolishes Maidana.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    MojoMaster wrote: »
    Why on earth wouldn't brits want him to win? Britain is going to be on the boxing map again with Haye and Kahn leading the fight.

I hope he demolishes Maidana.

They seem to think he is arrogant, yet it only seems to apply to him and not to Haye or Froch who are the same. Most boxers in front of the camera are arrogant/self confident.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Sky box office pay per view. £14.95 please.

Weird it's on at the same time as GSP vs Koscheck. No buys.

Kos no match for GSP.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of the best boxers are mouthy, Ali being a prime example. I like Amir, he's proud to be British. Why do we always try to knock down our successes?

That's what I was thinking.

I've never understood the anti-Amir sentiment. People really seem to have it in for the guy.

I thought being slightly arrogant came with the territory in boxing? You have to create an aura of invincibility about you to give you that psychological edge.

In interviews, Amir has always come across as a really sound guy.

I hope he wins this weekend :)
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Khan decides to brawl with Maidana he will get wrecked.

But if he sharpens that jab like he did in the Malignaggi fight I think he'll beat him.

Thing with Pauli is he was a powder puncher and Khan didnt need to worry about taking any shots as Pauli couldnt punch himself out of a wet paper bag.

The key to this fight is how Khan reacts to getting hit or hurt. Does he continue with the plan or does he get dragged into trying to trade with Maidana. If he try's to trade his in trouble as Maidana punches way too hard.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kos no match for GSP.

Can you imagine if Koscheck won? They'd need riot police for the building. ;)
  • hypervisorhypervisor Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    going to go with khan getting knockout in 6 rounds.

Khan will want to prove himself in america but it will all end in tears or controversy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member
    MojoMaster wrote: »
    Why on earth wouldn't brits want him to win?

Is this boxing's version of the Tebbit test?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    is this fight on radio 5 does anyone know??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    yes it is at 4am
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oscar12 wrote: »
    yes it is at 4am

Sod that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Some posters are shooting off from the hip and some hidden prejudices being aired, even some envy.

I guess its our nature to build up and bring people down.

Prescott fight and before he was naive. Hence why he is learning his trade with Roach.

Prescott doesnt want to fight him now.

He has real talent and its being harnessed and he is focussed.

Him being arrogant?..most decent boxers are - its why they are successful.

But, compared to others before him he is just a amateur in those stakes.

Amir hasn't shocked me with what he said in his career so far and considering he has just turned 24... he is not even in his prime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a ko artist is no good if you Can not land the ko punch.

save you monies , ego's whatever now ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oscar12 wrote: »
    is this fight on radio 5 does anyone know??

yEP ;)
  • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Both rounds to Khan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely different class sofar,

stil has to be carefull and not get complacent thoe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    114-111
    114-111
    113-112

UD Khan
  • CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Khan, great fight to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great fight. I thought Khan looked more or less in control up until that punch in the 10th (which was more of a wild swing from a demoralised boxer than anything else). With Maidana's power though it turned the fight and Khan did well just to survive in the end. Fair play to him though, I don't think he can be accused of having a glass chin or ducking a big puncher anymore.

Anyone see Maidana's flag during the entrances which said (in Spanish) "the Falklands are Argentinian"? Bit provocative...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member
    The 10th looked like prescott all over again. Slurred movements. But then there were brief flurries of accurate fast hitting, so it might have just been tiredness.

But you can argue most boxers would have gone down after such a punch, so his chin issues may not be too bad.
  • BaffrobesBaffrobes Posts: 3,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Barry McGuigan and co got it right in the post match analysis. His chin is the same as it ever was, but he is predicting the punches better and his movement is taking the edge off the blows.
    Saying that, he still got a haymaker in the tenth and stayed upright,

Fantastic bout, imho.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    It was a good fight and Khan on the whole was in control of that fight...

Maidana looked demoralised at the start of the 10th. By the way he took his time getting up from his stool, when the bell had already rung.

Perhaps it was mind games and hence why Khan got hit in that round and then took a battering. But He took his money worth of a beating in that round and ever went down for the count.

Khan admitted with the presscott fight he should of gone down for the count which he didnt do and he would of recovered to continue with that fight...but he was naive.

Presscott doesn't want to fight Khan now...cos he knows it is a different Khan.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the fight. Very good fight and Khan impressed at times but also showed many flaws. Props to Amir, he took some big shots and was still standing fireing back. We all know his super fast and Maidana is a warrior who just keeps coming. Major props to him for never giving up.

Khan is nowhere ready for Mayweather and I think he struggles v Marquez as well. These guys are grade A counter punches who no how to deal with speed.
  • jswift909jswift909 Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jswift909 wrote: »
    I hope he wins. He's real fit. :p:D

He won - despite what everyone said at the start of the thread. Brillo.:)
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jswift909 wrote: »
    I hope he wins. He's real fit. :p:D

Only because he's on TV :)

I'm sure you wouldn't give him the time of day if he was just some ordinary bloke walking down the street.