Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• scotchscotch Posts: 10,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Thanks for that scotch, I hadn't see it before.

No problem
  • hello:)hello:) Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Christa wrote: »
    Not sure how you got from "be careful with firearms" to imprisoning a man without trial. Somewhat hysterical.

OP could be, in your own words, 'paranoid, not careful with firearms, unlikeable' and guilty of murder. It's not either or.

I think it mitigates his culpability though, to what extent depends on which factor etc. obviously.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    5990lmd wrote: »

Thanks. The way he got rid of most of the evidence is unbelievable. It will be criminal if he does not got to jail.
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    I think he holds himself in such incredibly high regard that he cannot even conceive of anyone else not feeling the same way.

Awful, awful man.

I have a friend who feels sorry for him :mad: There are quite a few from what she says. What is wrong with some people, he killed a defenseless woman :mad:

I have never understood the 'love' for this person.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Thanks. The way he got rid of most of the evidence is unbelievable. It will be criminal if he does not got to jail.

It might all hinge on the condition of the door.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5990lmd wrote: »

Botha's account of events still seems to be heavily based on hindsight. For example:

"There was no forced entry. The only place there could have been entrance was the open bathroom window, and we did everything we could to see if anyone went through it, and it was impossible."

This only proves that no one broke in that night. But Oscar's version of events agrees with this. He knows no one broke in. But his suggestion is he THOUGHT someone had broken in and was in the small bathroom when he opened fire.

I think it may also come down to who can give the best reason for her being crouched behind the door "cowering". Would she be doing that had she been involved a blazing row with him, or would she be doing that if she believed there was an intruder having heard Oscar shouting?

For example she has a row, fled to the bathroom, locks the door. Would she not be sat or perhaps stood up fuming, cursing and perhaps preparing to defend herself if she feared being attacked? Would she really be crouched down in a ball on the other side of the door?

If she heard Oscar shout "Theres someone in here. Call the cops!" or whatever he claimed to have shouted, would that explain why she was crouched down behind the door?

Time will tell who can best argue that.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For example she has a row, fled to the bathroom, locks the door. Would she not be sat or perhaps stood up fuming, cursing and perhaps preparing to defend herself if she feared being attacked? Would she really be crouched down in a ball on the other side of the door?

If she knew he had or might have grabbed a gun, it would be sensible to make herself as small a target as possible.
    If she heard Oscar shout "Theres someone in here. Call the cops!" or whatever he claimed to have shouted, would that explain why she was crouched down behind the door?

Maybe, but it wouldn't be obvious to an intruder that there was someone in the toilet, so it could be argued that it's less likely.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I have a friend who feels sorry for him :mad: There are quite a few from what she says. What is wrong with some people, he killed a defenseless woman :mad:

I have never understood the 'love' for this person.

He's considered attractive. That seems enough evidence of innocence to some people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they can do a reconstruction using a computer program to show the course and trajectory of the bullets to match Reeva's injuries, to show what was her stance or position behind the door to make it all match; and that her position is not impossibly contorted, so that it does not match.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm astonished anyone can still think he was telling the truth.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What's the smoking gun (excuse the phrase) that proves he did it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the smoking gun (excuse the phrase) that proves he did it?

Well, the fact he admits blindly shooting through a closed door at someone is enough for murder, according to the law.

Who else did it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member

thing is, even if he is telling the truth i still cant see how it can be considered anything other than murder
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thing is, even if he is telling the truth i still cant see how it can be considered anything other than murder

Very true. I dont believe him, but as you say, it should still be murder if the Court do believe him.
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328339/Final-picture-Pistorius-girlfriend-shot-dead-shows-smiling-Reeva-days-death-pet-monkey-adored.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

We could argue til the cows come home about what little you can glean from a photo but I'm sure she is wearing one his sleeveless shirts in this photo.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... the Paralympian’s coach Ampie Louw revealed Pistorius has turned down invitations to take part in major international athletic events and will stay away from the track.

Yeah, right. :cool: I bet he's been inundated with offers. Not.
    Forum Member
    I think the trial starts next month.

Then no doubt a film will come out.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    His argument defies all logic and reason. To believe it, you'd have to believe that on the night of the killing he forgot he had a girlfriend.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised he hasn't blamed the monkey!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has he got a viable defence ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hello:) wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328339/Final-picture-Pistorius-girlfriend-shot-dead-shows-smiling-Reeva-days-death-pet-monkey-adored.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

We could argue til the cows come home about what little you can glean from a photo but I'm sure she is wearing one his sleeveless shirts in this photo.
    :confused: So???
    Forum Member
    :confused: So???

Shows they were close?
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky have pictures of the bathroom but they are quite shocking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hello:) wrote: »
    Shows they were close?

Well they were partners.
This discussion has been closed.