Options

Eamon Holmes yet more bias in his interviewing....

2»

Comments

• Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harumph wrote: »
    He is bloody awful.

He is more a "personallity" than a journalist.

Haven't they all been more "personality" than "journalist" starting with Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan ?
  • Options
    JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    It was.

Labour only became anti murdoch after support was withdrawn. labour supporters tend to treat sky news as a government mouth piece. So when you have a sky news presenter clearly having a love in with the labour party leader it confuses them.

You obviously do not watch Sky news! Listen to Sophie Ridge or Joey Jones, they are definitely not pro Government.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as every other Sky News presenter is bias towards the Tories don't you think it's about time someone broke the mould ? ;)

Have you got any names?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jilly wrote: »
    Have you got any names?

Dermot Murnaghan, Kay Burley, Adam Boulton,Colin Brazier...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Adam Bolton was falling over himself to praise Ed Yesterday.

Watching Sky news at the moment and they have just had a very positive story about Ed Miliband, Jon Craig, who along with Sophie Ridge and Joey Jones are pro labour! all political reporters. This story was followed by a swipe at the Chancellor re the bankers bonuses.

Does anyone take Kay Burley seriously?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Watching Sky news at the moment and they have just had a very positive story about Ed Miliband, Jon Craig, who along with Sophie Ridge and Joey Jones are pro labour! all political reporters. This story was followed by a swipe at the Chancellor re the bankers bonuses.

I think all those lean pretty much to the right, but we all have our own opinions so we shall just have to beg to differ. :)
  • Options
    MariesamMariesam Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    The problem with Holmes isn't any bias he may have but simply that's he's an abysmal interviewer.

trouble is he is absmal in different ways....he was an attack dog on Danny Alexander last week...yet a little kitten to Ed Miliband.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Adam Bolton went to the weddings of at least two Labour politicians so that doesnt surprise me either....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think all those lean pretty much to the right, but we all have our own opinions so we shall just have to beg to differ. :)

Joes Jones is especially bias in my opinion but i guess if you see one interview and miss another so that maybe what clouds each of our judgements including mine.....maybe because i am looking for it i see it ....but the Eamon Holmes clip is undeniable...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would definetely disagree with you on Adam Bolton and Dominic.....Adam is well known to going to Labours politicians weddings (whether he goes to others of different political leanings i am not so sure about).....and also if you see the interview he had with Milliband today it was very lame i am afraid.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariesam wrote: »
    I would definetely disagree with you on Adam Bolton and Dominic.....Adam is well known to going to Labours politicians weddings (whether he goes to others of different political leanings i am not so sure about).....and also if you see the interview he had with Milliband today it was very lame i am afraid.....

Adam Boulton is married to Anji Hunter an ex aide to Tony Blair, I think half the Labour cabinet went to their wedding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Boulton is married to Anji Hunter an ex aide to Tony Blair, I think half the Labour cabinet went to their wedding.

• Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Adam um Boulton is errrm just about as errrrm bad a rrrrmm political commentator as I've errrrr seen.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Harumph wrote: »
    I wish I could find the report, but a few years back as a result of a freedom of information request it was revealed that the BBC News and Current Affairs department ordered 3 times as many copies of The Guardian every day than all other daily newspapers published in London at the time.
    I'm glad to hear it! The Guardian, together with its website, is a global news resource. There's always something worth reading in it.
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So husband and wife always have identical political leanings?

I think you need to watch this to refresh your memory a little:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gkHwU4DRA8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    So husband and wife always have identical political leanings?

I think you need to watch this to refresh your memory a little:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gkHwU4DRA8

I never said a husband and a wife should have the same view:confused

I have seen the clip many times with Alistair Campbell, which is now three and a half years old, any other evidence?
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    I'd like to know why Eamonn Holmes is even employed by Sky News

He must be the top paid guy on the channel and it's pointless

At six in the morning, no one cares who's reading the news. Sky News could hire almost any news presenter and they'd be no worse off.
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    It was.

Labour only became anti murdoch after support was withdrawn. labour supporters tend to treat sky news as a government mouth piece. So when you have a sky news presenter clearly having a love in with the labour party leader it confuses them.

i wouldn't have thought any real labour party members would be watching sky news in the first place