Options

The Peter Andre Appreciation Thread.

Comments

• Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    Do you mind I was actually having a private conversation with Sam which I often do and my post was just talking to her,light heartedly with no agenda like you seem to think so really do you have to jump down my throat when i wrote nothing wrong I simply answered Sam back and I was simply having a laugh with her -it's called friendly banter

And no offence taken by me Ella. We're just all doing our best to stay positive and on topic as it's an Appreciation thread :)
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Cheers polli :) Andrettes is the name of Pete's fan base but like you I'm not into labels so moving on ....

Sounds like another long day today and they're resuming filming this evening too http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/news/11435930.Peter_Andre_films_in_Northwich/?ref=var_0

Some snowy pics!
    https://twitter.com/AliceAdores/status/504635399873261568/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/Northwich_Shop/status/504635666433855489/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/GoNorthwich/status/504650599443759105/photo/1

Oooo!, l.ve got one of those carrier bags with peas on it. :blush::D
    I take it to Morrisons with me. lmao
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    Do you mind I was actually having a private conversation with Sam which I often do and my post was just talking to her,light heartedly with no agenda like you seem to think so really do you have to jump down my throat when i wrote nothing wrong I simply answered Sam back and I was simply having a laugh with her -it's called friendly banter
    PMs are for *private* conversations .Anything on the open board is up for comment by anyone who chooses to comment .End of .

Is peter on jonathon ross this week sam ? I might record that if he is .Not keen on ross at all, but will make an exception for peter .
  • Options
    Elle_JamesElle_James Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    PMs are for *private* conversations .Anything on the open board is up for comment by anyone who chooses to comment .End of .

Is peter on jonathon ross this week sam ? I might record that if he is .Not keen on ross at all, but will make an exception for peter .

No Poll, I read that JR is on the Ant and Dec Saturday Night Takeaway, with Peter, on Friday at the 02.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elle_James wrote: »
    No Poll, I read that JR is on the Ant and Dec Saturday Night Takeaway, with Peter, on Friday at the 02.
    Oh right , thanks elle . I record that anyway so I won't miss it .:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right , thanks elle . I record that anyway so I won't miss it .:)

They're live stage shows rather than TV poll http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a592606/peter-andre-and-jonathan-ross-for-ant--decs-takeaway-shows-in-london.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh crap .I was wondering how I hadn't noticed any advertising for 'takeaway' when usually we are inundated with it .
    Have to wait and see if some fans upload vids then .
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Again like I said is there really any need for such unpleasantness ?this isn't just your thread you know anyone can post as long as it's in the rules of the ts and Cs and I was doing that.
    I wasn't labelling anyone nastily as Peter Andres young fans call themselves Andrettes on Facebook and I innocently said it sounds like laundrette ,it was Sam that said Peter Andre has many fans and I underlined it and said I know-nothing wrong with that according to the mods so I don't expect rudeness back thank you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think that must be the end of Iceland filming for a while as Pete's got the O2 Takeaway show with Ant & Dec tomorrow and then is performing and presenting an award at The Child of the Year Awards in Scunthorpe on Saturday http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/Peter-Andre-excited-Scunthorpe-Baths-Hall/story-22836739-detail/story.html.

More appreciation from someone he's been working with http://instagram.com/p/sOK5GvAMWq/ Nothing exceptional about being considered nice but in an industry with its fair share of diva behaviour it's a positive quality.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More appreciation from the people he's been working with http://instagram.com/p/sOK5GvAMWq/ Nothing exceptional about being considered nice but in an industry with its fair share of diva behaviour it's a positive quality.

Oh being nice is something to be ridiculed by our increasingly narcissistic society. Just take a look at social media.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Oh being nice is something to be ridiculed by our increasingly narcissistic society. Just take a look at social media.

But I bet most people given the choice of having colleagues who are kind and considerate or selfish and demanding would prefer the former. They might admire divas from a distance but dealing with them in day to day life takes its toll on you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice is good!!! As is kind, generous, handsome, rich....oh and faithful.....are you listening Mrs Hayler?
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »

It's sad isn't it. I find ridiculing and name calling those who are basically good and kind people extremely infantile. Social media has a lot to answer for!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Story in Popbitch about the Newmarket concert
    wrote:
    Last weekend Peter Andre played Newmarket Racecourse. Being Andre, he brought his children out on stage and got them to pick members of the crowd to come up on stage during 'Mysterious Girl'. One of the people chosen was a very drunk woman who spent the whole song getting unnervingly close to Andre's little daughter Princess Tiaamii, who wisely tried everything to scarper, until Andre noticed and had to tell the woman (on the mic) to "get away from her".

Very surprised security didn't see the state the woman was in before she got on stage but none of the Twitter reports from the concert picked up on it so couldn't have been very noticeable. Sounds like Princess had the sense to keep her distance and her Dad stepped in once he was aware so no drama.

ETA Iceland Xmas filming has continued. He's at a snowy station today - so buses and trains seem to be a theme of the ads.

https://twitter.com/We_Love_Hale/status/505018228327063553/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/We_Love_Hale/status/505018590639435776/photo/1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Story in Popbitch about the Newmarket concert

Very surprised security didn't see the state the woman was in and step in before she got on stage but none of the Twitter reports from the concert picked up on it so couldn't have been very noticeable. Princess had the sense to keep her distance and her Dad stepped in once he was aware so no drama.

ETA Iceland Xmas filming has continued. He's at a snowy station today - so buses and trains seem to be a theme of the ads.

https://twitter.com/We_Love_Hale/status/505018228327063553/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/We_Love_Hale/status/505018590639435776/photo/1

No drama at all Sam......except that it gives his detractors an opportunity to create some, and for that reason alone, perhaps it's best if he keeps the children off stage.

So he's in Hale today. I was in Knutsford, about five miles away, for lunch. I seem destined to be so near, yet so far. The Manchester gig is a no no for me too, I'm afraid. Oh well, I'll have to experience it vicariously through you lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    It's sad isn't it. I find ridiculing and name calling those who are basically good and kind people extremely infantile. Social media has a lot to answer for!

It has become fashionable to hate apparently .You only need to look at the bb winner this year to see what the bb watching public finds cool and worth rewarding .
    I doubt peter cares about, or is even aware of negativity now that his life is so fulfilling and happy .The fact that he keeps getting work and invites to charity events speaks for itself regarding what kind of person he is . A few detractors on twitter etc won't make a dent in his popularity .
    3.23 million followers on twitter says it all really .;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elle_James wrote: »
    No drama at all Sam......except that it gives his detractors an opportunity to create some, and for that reason alone, perhaps it's best if he keeps the children off stage.

So he's in Hale today. I was in Knutsford, about five miles away, for lunch. I seem destined to be so near, yet so far. The Manchester gig is a no no for me too, I'm afraid. Oh well, I'll have to experience it vicariously through you lot.

Depends on the situation Elle. I don't think for a minute that he forces them reluctantly up on to the stage so if they want to join him at the end for the Mysterious Girl sing-a-long I can't see the harm as there's plenty of people to look out for them. If this experience unnerved Princess then perhaps they'll decide to stop but I think it should be their decision.

From what I've gathered on Twitter sounds like they've all been based in Chester for the week, Em and kids included. Shame about Manchester - will try to capture experience for you as best I can.
  • Options
    babybutchbabybutch Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Think that must be the end of Iceland filming for a while as Pete's got the O2 Takeaway show with Ant & Dec tomorrow and then is performing and presenting an award at The Child of the Year Awards in Scunthorpe on Saturday http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/Peter-Andre-excited-Scunthorpe-Baths-Hall/story-22836739-detail/story.html.

More appreciation from someone he's been working with http://instagram.com/p/sOK5GvAMWq/ Nothing exceptional about being considered nice but in an industry with its fair share of diva behaviour it's a positive quality.
    What a really nice comment from that young fella .I always assumed young uns like that would rather die than admit to liking the persona of a performer not down wiv da yoof .:)
    Peter has a really full diary for the foreseeable,busy busy busy eh ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babybutch wrote: »
    What a really nice comment from that young fella .I always assumed young uns like that would rather die than admit to liking the persona of a performer not down wiv da yoof .:)
    Peter has a really full diary for the foreseeable,busy busy busy eh ?

Hi bb nice to see you back :) I thought the same, I would have expected him to worry about getting a ribbing from his mates. He tweeted a lot about the day saying he'd had to start at 6 am and didn't lock up until 1 am but he'd spent most of the day next to Pete and he was so genuine and down to earth. Not surprising but good to hear other people have the same experience.

Will be especially busy when tour kicks off so unsurprising that he and the kids go on the road together when they can so they get to see as much of each other as possible.
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Depends on the situation Elle. I don't think for a minute that he forces them reluctantly up on to the stage so if they want to join him at the end for the Mysterious Girl sing-a-long I can't see the harm as there's plenty of people to look out for them. If this experience unnerved Princess then perhaps they'll decide to stop but I think it should be their decision.

From what I've gathered on Twitter sounds like they've all been based in Chester for the week, Em and kids included. Shame about Manchester - will try to capture experience for you as best I can.

BIB...Neither do I Sam, if I knew that was the case I would be the first to condemn him. From what I've heard it's not the first time he has allowed them on stage for a few minutes at the end of his show. He couldn't have foreseen that happening but I tend to agree with Elle, I think it would be best if he kept them off the stage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    BIB...Neither do I Sam, if I knew that was the case I would be the first to condemn him. From what I've heard it's not the first time he has allowed them on stage for a few minutes at the end of his show. He couldn't have foreseen that happening but I tend to agree with Elle, I think it would be best if he kept them off the stage.

I've seen clips/photos of them on stage before and they've always looked like they're enjoying themselves. It's probably only once in a tour so they're hardly being used to sell tickets and it's just a way for them to get involved if they want to. If they write their tell-all biographies and say that terrible daddy forced us up on stage and we hated every second I'll happily condemn him. I think the problem that night was it was set at a race course so people had been drinking which is unlikely to happen as much at his regular concerts. They should have anticipated that and security definitely shouldn't have let someone drunk on stage. So agree they should take more care and involve them in a different way if they want to come up on stage but I think it should be Junior and Princess' choice.
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    I've seen clips/photos of them on stage before and they've always looked like they're enjoying themselves. It's probably only once in a tour so they're hardly being used to sell tickets and it's just a way for them to get involved if they want to. If they write their tell-all biographies and say that terrible daddy forced us up on stage and we hated every second I'll happily condemn him. I think the problem that night was it was set at a race course so people had been drinking which is unlikely to happen as much at his regular concerts. They should have anticipated that and security definitely shouldn't have let someone drunk on stage. So agree they should take more care but I think it should be Junior and Princess' choice.

But they are kids!
  • Options
    babybutchbabybutch Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    The kids obviously love being on stage and so what ? It's great for their confidence .One over exhuberant drunk in years of stage performances is hardly earth shattering stuff .It's not like they were exposed to strange men in their own home or anything like that .
    I'm so looking forward to the Iceland ads now,especially the Christmas ones .Hoping he sings on them Goodnight everyone,x.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babybutch wrote: »
    The kids obviously love being on stage and so what ? It's great for their confidence .One over exhuberant drunk in years of stage performances is hardly earth shattering stuff .It's not like they were exposed to strange men in their own home or anything like that .
    I'm so looking forward to the Iceland ads now,especially the Christmas ones .Hoping he sings on them Goodnight everyone,x.

Night bb xx
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    I've seen clips/photos of them on stage before and they've always looked like they're enjoying themselves. It's probably only once in a tour so they're hardly being used to sell tickets and it's just a way for them to get involved if they want to. If they write their tell-all biographies and say that terrible daddy forced us up on stage and we hated every second I'll happily condemn him. I think the problem that night was it was set at a race course so people had been drinking which is unlikely to happen as much at his regular concerts. They should have anticipated that and security definitely shouldn't have let someone drunk on stage. So agree they should take more care but I think it should be Junior and Princess' choice.

I must admit I find the idea of them being used to sell tickets quite ludicrous. The notion that people are not going to his concerts to see him, only to see J&P has to be some of the most irrational thinking I've ever come across. What person in their right mind would pay 30, 40, 50 quid upwards in the hope they may get a glimpse of J&P right at the end of the show?? Ridiculous.:D

They don't come on stage at every concert anyway, infact they don't appear at his concerts far more than they do. I agree with you, when I have seen them on the stage before they do look like they enjoy it but even if it is their own choice he leaves himself open to criticism for allowing them up there.