George Galloway assaulted

Comments

• smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    An elected MP. Imagine the knee jerk reaction if it had been Farage with a broken jaw. Or indeed any other MP.

(is not a Galloway fan)
    grah2702 wrote: »
    The only down side is the revolting piece of slime is still alive.

Do you think it's OK for politicians to be attacked and killed on the streets, just because you don't agree with their opinions?
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grah2702 wrote: »
    Theres no chance of upsetting British people in Bradford there isn't any.
    Hence they vote for a non English person to represent them in parliament.

I think you'll find most people in Bradford are British. Did you mean non white?
  • clinchclinch Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disliked what Galloway said but I will defend his right to say it. His attacker is a disgrace.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I've never understood why an attacker is called a "coward". Surely cowards are people (like me) who would run away from a fight and not walk up to someone in the street to punch them.

It's quite simple.

A man weighs 42 stone.

Another man weighs 9 stone.

The man weighing 9 stone tries to run away.

But the man weighing 42 stone knocks him out.

The man that weighs 42 stone would be the coward - even if it was the 9 stone man that tried to run away.

Some other frailty - could be with age sometimes - wouldn't be very different.
  • AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disliked what Galloway said but I will defend his right to say it. His attacker is a disgrace

Normally I'd agree, but Galloway has brought this on himself.

When he was been treated in hospital I hope he refused all medicine produced by Teva Pharmaceuticals in Israel :D
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the first time in his life he appears to have his own blood on his hands.

As my dear old Grandma used to say....

"When you dance with the Devil don't be surprised if one day you get his horns up your arse!"

I don't condone violence, but George has, so.......
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    David Tee wrote: »
    When you resort to violence, you've not only lost your temper, you've lost the argument.

I suppose it could be argued that when you reach the point where a person feels that their only remaining course of action is violence, democracy has also got lost somewhere along the way too.

And, let's face it, that does happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meercam wrote: »
    He's a "coward?"
    You were there and witnessed it... or perhaps you believe Galloway's spokesperson without even hearing the other side?
    Guilty without trial eh?
    George Galloway is in his sixities and all of 5ft 6in. This is an alleged unprovoked violent assualt on him in the street by a bloke in his thirites.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When he was been treated in hospital I hope he refused all medicine produced by Teva Pharmaceuticals in Israel :D

Once we go down the route of MPs even George Galloway, being attacked for their views and people apparently supporting it its a dangerous route to go down.

I may not agree with all he says but he deserves the right to walk the street without somebody attacking him.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I may not agree with all he says but he deserves the right to walk the street without somebody attacking him.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

He's perfectly entitled to walk down the street unmolested.

When people start saying stuff about "urban ethnic cleansing" though, maybe not so much.
  • Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After years of trying to stir up racial tensions it was
    bound to happen. Some might call it karma.

Perhaps the guy who slapped him wanted the area to be a "Galloway free zone" ?

You can guarantee George will milk this for all its worth. It isn't that bad an assault as he managed to pose for photos with his (bruised) sad face for Respect's Twitter page, before going to hospital.
  • Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Once we go down the route of MPs even George Galloway, being attacked for their views and people apparently supporting it its a dangerous route to go down.

He's made it unsafe for any Israeli (and probably any Jewish person) who live heres or visits here by declaring his latest adopted City as an "Israeli free zone" , regardless of whether they support their government or not. So he can hardly bleat about the streets not being safe for him.
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member

I see the Zionists on this thread are as one with British Fascists.

An increasing phenomenon - and one which the Jews who have suffered at the hands of Fascism would be appalled at.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's made it unsafe for any Israeli (and probably any Jewish person) who live heres or visits here by declaring his latest adopted City as an "Israeli free zone" , regardless of whether they support their government or not. So he can hardly bleat about the streets not being safe for him.

Well to be honest i have not read any serious reports of any jewish person in the UK being attacked because of anything George Galloway has said! To be honest most probably look at him like a badly scripted seaside act.

Having seen him give a speech once i certainly do.

Whilst at the same time i do have sympathy for the palestinian people.
  • tiggertinytiggertiny Posts: 5,361
    Forum Member
    It's all very well being pleased when someone you dislike gets thumped but naturally when it's someone you like we all tend to become very hypocritical.

Unless someone is promoting violence or hatred then free speech is an important freedom we should all defend.

Trouble is for some people violence is a weapon that they consider entirely reasonable that's why we have laws to protect those unable to defend themselves and those who do not use violence against others.

Galloway is entitled to protection from the law and his attacker is entitled to expect that the law will punish him.
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if he'll hold Alex Salmond accountable ?
  • Rastus PiefaceRastus Pieface Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    When you resort to violence, you've not only lost your temper, you've lost the argument.

Hopefully Galloway will recover quickly and we can all once again be reminded of what a prize bellend he is.

BIB - true, but i'm willing to wager a shilling that whoever battered the crap out of him doesn't give a stuff about whether he's lost the argument or not.

as for your second sentence all i can say is :D
  • warlordwarlord Posts: 3,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the Zionists on this thread are as one with British Fascists.

An increasing phenomenon - and one which the Jews who have suffered at the hands of Fascism would be appalled at.

I admire their strength, their courage, their indefatigability.:D
    Forum Member
    BIB - true, but i'm willing to wager a shilling that whoever battered the crap out of him doesn't give a stuff about whether he's lost the argument or not.

as for your second sentence all i can say is :D

Ah, I was expecting a "but" from you...........
    Forum Member
    warlord wrote: »
    I admire their strength, their courage, their indefatigability.:D

Whose? Fascists, Zionists or the Jewish victims of Fascism?
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meercam wrote: »
    You were there as well?
    Was it the DS members night out or something?[/QUOTE]

Yes we all...except you...meet the last Friday of the month to go for a curry.
  • Rastus PiefaceRastus Pieface Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I was expecting a "but" from you...........

no you weren't. don't be a troll.

if you look at my posting history, you will see i don't agree with violence aimed at politicians, or leaders of political parties.

as for galloway, it is a case of 'you reap what you sow'. if he hadn't have been such a vile loudmouth, he wouldn't have been physically attacked.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member

He can "bleat" about anything he likes, and in this case (if not much else) he'd be right. Everyone is entitled to walk in the streets safely, regardless of their views. And of course he has not said anything to promote violence against Israeli or Jewish visitors. Who is likely to take any notice of his mad "Israeli free zone" idea?
    Forum Member
    Perhaps the guy who slapped him wanted the area to be a "Galloway free zone" ?

You can guarantee George will milk this for all its worth. It isn't that bad an assault as he managed to pose for photos with his (bruised) sad face for Respect's Twitter page, before going to hospital.

Any kind of violence is unacceptable. It's disgraceful that anyone should try to defend it.
    Forum Member
    He hasn't. However much you dislike the man, he doesn't deserve to be physically attacked.