Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 195)

Comments

• AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    The whole Red Shirt episode is brilliant. The office scene is amazing, with Brendan hiding his stiffy under the desk while he probes into Ste's previous experience, and carrying on messing with his head. Then there's the bit in the pub with Mal and Mercedes, Brendan doing his usual impersonation of a straight bloke complete with cheesy lines, and jealous!Ste coming in for his pocket money.
  • Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    The whole Red Shirt episode is brilliant. The office scene is amazing, with Brendan hiding his stiffy under the desk while he probes into Ste's previous experience, and carrying on messing with his head. Then there's the bit in the pub with Mal and Mercedes, Brendan doing his usual impersonation of a straight bloke complete with cheesy lines, and jealous!Ste coming in for his pocket money.

BIB: :D

I loved Mal, and him and Mercedes before Lucy Allan took away my shipping dreams >:( I loved that PM brought them back together, if only briefly. Sigh. PM was so wonderful. He knew how to create power couples.

Pocket money :p I love how Ste walks away with a pout. Jealous even then.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brendan saw his prey in Ste in the cellar on red shirt day
    Forum Member
    "Ste takes matters into his own hands, thinking a life behind bars may sort him out."

Hmm, he always seems very keen to go to prison. I wonder why :p

Morning :kitty:
    Forum Member
    "Ste takes matters into his own hands, thinking a life behind bars may sort him out."

Morning.

What are the chances that they'll acknowledge on screen that the root of all this is losing Brendan?

Anything I read about Ste fills me with dread.:blush:
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    Morning.

What are the chances that they'll acknowledge on screen that the root of all this is losing Brendan?

No chance whatsoever. Brendan who?
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    No chance whatsoever. Brendan who?

The only chance is if one of the bombshells is that Brendan has died off screen.:):):)
    Forum Member
    Morning.

Zero :( It would be so interesting if they had gone down that route though. At least there was the suggestion of that when Ste mentioned him most recently. They should have done a Prison Break storyline where Ste fights to get locked up.

Same. I prefer when he's offscreen.
    The only chance is if one of the bombshells is that Brendan has died off screen.:):):)

Oh God, I always dread that. I guess they're allowed to do it without the actor's permission if they want to.
    Forum Member

Oh God, I always dread that. I guess they're allowed to do it without the actor's permission if they want to.
    They own the character so they can do what they like. The only good thing is that an offscreen death is never 100%...

Still, I don't think even Bryan would do that. I don't *think* he'd do it to Amy either, but I wouldn't put it past him. It would be a terrible decision, bearing in mind he brought in the Lomaxes so Ste would have a family in the show and already he's killed two of them.

ETA And killed Pauline, and removed the kids. Not to mention killing Doug.:)
    Forum Member
    They own the character so they can do what they like. The only good thing is that an offscreen death is never 100%...

Still, I don't think even Bryan would do that. I don't *think* he'd do it to Amy either, but I wouldn't put it past him. It would be a terrible decision, bearing in mind he brought in the Lomaxes so Ste would have a family in the show and already he's killed two of them.

I don't think he'd do it to Brendan, being such an iconic character. Then again they killed Kurt Benson off with a phone call and he was popular. But still :(

I'm still really worried about Amy. Apparently Ste hears some shocking news soon, and I keep thinking it's that Amy's died. If they kill her then I'm just not going to accept it as canon. Danny was terrible so at least that was a consolation. Leah, Lucas, Amy and Brendan should be on the 'untouchable' list. They mean too much to Ste. Realistically he would never recover.

Killing Doug was his only good decision, but he put Stug back together so I can't even really praise him for it.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member

The Lomaxes, Pauline, and Doug were all expendable, but I can't see him killing off Brendan. I'm pretty sure he'd have him back in a heartbeat if there was the slightest chance of it. I don't think they'd kill Amy off either, because then Ste would be lumbered with two kids full-time. It's nice to bring them back to be cute now and again, but having Ste in charge of them full-time would be too restricting.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He wants his boy so much :( but I dont think Ste would even be in the same prison as Brendan. Can you imagine though prison sex :o
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    The Lomaxes, Pauline, and Doug were all expendable, but I can't see him killing off Brendan. I'm pretty sure he'd have him back in a heartbeat if there was the slightest chance of it. I don't think they'd kill Amy off either, because then Ste would be lumbered with two kids full-time. It's nice to bring them back to be cute now and again, but having Ste in charge of them full-time would be too restricting.

BIB: He'd just love to pair Brendan with a Roscoe. Or maybe one of the new McQueen girls in a "OMG Brendan's bisexual after all" twist.
    He wants his boy so much :( but I dont think Ste would even be in the same prison as Brendan. Can you imagine though prison sex :o

Ste would probably be happier with Brendan in jail than he is now :p
  • Daphne GDaphne G Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least we know that Emmett wouldn't come back, if it wasn't for Kieron's exit. He wouldn't ruin Stendan. :kitty:

The idea of Brendan shagging one of the Roscoes or another one of the Mcqueens makes me shudder. :eek:

Ready, I used to love Mal and Mercedes too! I went off them after Mercedes had that affair with Calvin, but I really liked them before she cheated. I'm glad that they reunited before Mal died though because I think Mal always loved Mercedes.
    Forum Member
    Daphne G wrote: »
    Ready, I used to love Mal and Mercedes too! I went off them after Mercedes had that affair with Calvin, but I really liked them before she cheated. I'm glad that they reunited before Mal died though because I think Mal always loved Mercedes.

They were lovely together :( I hated that they made Mercedes regress again after they made such a thing of their relationship and marriage.

Plus who would cheat with Calvin? :o The man had one brain cell.
  • Ayla_89Ayla_89 Posts: 39,663
    Forum Member

Who can blame him really? :blush:

Your chat has made me anxious. :( BK killed off Pat, he has no limits.
    Forum Member
    I was feeling down after reading the rehab article for Ste and then I saw this. :D:blush:
    Forum Member
    Ayla_89 wrote: »
    I was feeling down after reading the rehab article for Ste and then I saw this. :D:blush:

Oh my God I love him :D:D:D
    Your chat has made me anxious. :( BK killed off Pat, he has no limits.

I'm sorry :( It made me laugh because the EE fans still haven't forgiven him for killing Pat. There was a thread on it again recently. They hate him :D
    Forum Member
    Oh my God I love him :D:D:D

I'm sorry :( It made me laugh because the EE fans still haven't forgiven him for killing Pat. There was a thread on it again recently. They hate him :D

He's brilliant. :D Says it like it is.

It's okay, it's been one of those days. :( Oh I know, it's quite funny really. I have no idea why the Hollyoaks team thought hiring him would be a good idea after he failed on one of the biggest UK soaps.
    Forum Member
    Apparently Pancake is getting her own TV show??
    Forum Member
    He's brilliant. :D Says it like it is.

It's okay, it's been one of those days. :( Oh I know, it's quite funny really. I have no idea why the Hollyoaks team thought hiring him would be a good idea after he failed on one of the biggest UK soaps.

They've got their awards and ratings, so I'm sure they're happy with their decision :(
    Apparently Pancake is getting her own TV show??

:confused:
    Forum Member
    They've got their awards and ratings, so I'm sure they're happy with their decision :(

:confused:

It won't last. :blush:

Alys said it on twitter, something about it on facebook?
    Forum Member
    It won't last. :blush:

Alys said it on twitter, something about it on facebook?

I have this bad feeling it will.

I've just seen! That's the most random thing ever. Bizarre :p
    Forum Member

I've just seen! That's the most random thing ever. Bizarre :p

I think it's a nice business idea, Claire followed the animator a while ago. If it takes off it will be another source of income alongside acting jobs. Pancake and Starlord already have a fanbase.

:kitty::kitty:
    Forum Member
    I think it's a nice business idea, Claire followed the animator a while ago. If it takes off it will be another source of income alongside acting jobs. Pancake and Starlord already have a fanbase.

:kitty::kitty:

I did wonder if something could happen after I watched Starpaws and realised how popular that breed of cat is. :kitty:
This discussion has been closed.