Options

Blair says UKIP are nasty and unpleasant

Comments

• Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with Blair or not , like him or not, he is entitled to his opinion just as everyone else is.
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with Blair or not , like him or not, he is entitled to his opinion just as everyone else is.

Indeed he is, just as others are entitled to tell him what they think of him and his opinions.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to hand it to Blair - it takes a special skill to be despised by such a large proportion of the country. Thatcher is still worshipped by many Conservatives, whereas you'll have to go a long way to find a Labour Party member who has a good word for Blair.

At least he brought the country together in their loathing :D
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blair "Theres no reason to leave Europe so why vote for it" .. yup.. screw the people. He ignored over a million for them and went to war. Why should he change now.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the same man who led the party that voters are going to vote back in and those familiar faces from back then are still there.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter_CJ wrote: »
    Or did Blair bail out leaving Brown to grapple with the debris the Labour Party had become?

Like him,or hate him, Blair is one smart cookie.

He could sell beer to a brewery.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    You have to hand it to Blair - it takes a special skill to be despised by such a large proportion of the country. Thatcher is still worshipped by many Conservatives, whereas you'll have to go a long way to find a Labour Party member who has a good word for Blair.

At least he brought the country together in their loathing :D

It is indeed remarkable. There ate many MPs who are loathed and adored he manages the former with little of the later.

Still coining it in
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame he's so tarnished really. I bet he fancies being the white knight of Europe at this moment in time and come riding in to save the project and get everyone back onboard.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    He could sell beer to a brewery.

Shame he couldn't organize a piss up in one :D
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard Tony Blair this morning on Radio 4. I also heard his speech writer on Newsnight last night, along with Tim Montgomerie who spoke for the Conservatives. Lord Heseltine also showed up on tape.

What struck me about each of these 4 men is his breath-taking arrogance and default 'droit de seigneur' positioning. They appear to believe that only the 2 'main' parties (but 3 if they get stuck) have the right to govern and only the elite can govern competently.

Their attitude to all other comers is contemptuous, mocking and quite literally hateful. The Tories don't seem to care an iota that the LibDems have committed electoral suicide to support them. While nowadays both the Tories and Labour themselves struggle to get much over 30% of any opinion poll, and failed to get even that in last week's elections, they speak constantly of 'majorities'. They forget that the seats in Westminster no longer remotely reflect the vote of the people outside.

All 3 main parties have had a catastrophic fall in membership and are now experiencing a major backlash but they carry on each like a dowager grand duchess in denial of the serfs at the door brandishing sickles. We the peasants must know our place. The only more out of touch and even more arrogant politicians I have seen were the candidates seeking 'election' to the highest offices of the EU. But they are not elected. They are appointed by prime ministers and Presidents most of whom have very little popular support at home.

Tony Blair made me so angry with his holier than thou 'I know best' patronising attitude and utter lack of humility, he drives me toward UKIP even though I didn't feel like voting for it next year.

Meanwhile, last night Lord Heseltine made completely unsupported remarks as to the BNP vote of racists going over to UKIP who he implied are also racists. Hello? There is no evidence of where that vote went if indeed those people voted at all. Maybe a lot of them voted Tory? Does he wish us to lop off a few hundred thousand votes from the Tory vote so it is not tainted? His own party has had MPs resign over their after dinner 'jokes' about Asians and gays etc
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    Indeed he is, just as others are entitled to tell him what they think of him and his opinions.

Of course they are, I don't believe I've said or even intimated that they are not.

The thing is though unless he actually looks on DS no one on here is actually telling him anything ;-)
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blair was always arrogant enough to think he could write his own legacy. This is why I like to use the Internet to write the following.

Tony Blair, you are a war criminal. You were never a 'leader', you are just a pawn of the 'special interests'.....

You are nothing. And I will keep typing it to keep my opinion in the public domain.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone knows about nasty and unpleasant...
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

So presumably are the families of the hundred thousand plus civilians who died in Iraq thanks to this mans need to suck up to George Bush so he could make millions afterwards giving speeches and 'advice' in the US and elsewhere.

Whatever people may say about Nigel Farage he is not a war criminal and doesn't have the blood of thousands of people on his hands. And shame on Labour for allowing Blair to do what he did.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blair is a war criminal. I'm not sure Farage will care what he thinks.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    UKIP are not particularly pleasant, but Blair's legacy will be the Iraq War, and that alone should be enough to compel him to keep his mouth shut. He's done enough damage. Just go away now
  • Options
    MariesamMariesam Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    The whole point of any inquiry isn't to find out who is responsible for the failings. But to clear all those involved from any wrong doing. The real inquiry will come a lot later when the thirty year rule expires. But by then the excuses will be that it was too long ago to do anything. Key people will be dead of old age. The rest will suffer memory failure due to it being too long ago and there will be no public interest.

a lot of them suffered memory failure already with a lot of 'i dont recall' statements indeed from Blair himself whenever he has been questioned about it :S
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSJB wrote: »
    He urged Labour and other parties not to ape UKIP's stance on Europe and immigration and said Ed Miliband must "stay firm" on his pledge not to hold a EU referendum

Make sure the plebs don't get a choice, the establishment knows best.
    Get back under your stone Blair.

agree ...all of Labours claims to be a party of the people...it falls short when they dont trust the people ....and they dont want to listen to democracy.....with the added block voting they used to have to elect their leader and how they unbalanced the constiuencies in their favour its the usual dont do as we do do as we say....that i cant stand from the Labour party......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    I heard Tony Blair this morning on Radio 4. I also heard his speech writer on Newsnight last night, along with Tim Montgomerie who spoke for the Conservatives. Lord Heseltine also showed up on tape.

What struck me about each of these 4 men is his breath-taking arrogance and default 'droit de seigneur' positioning. They appear to believe that only the 2 'main' parties (but 3 if they get stuck) have the right to govern and only the elite can govern competently.

Their attitude to all other comers is contemptuous, mocking and quite literally hateful. The Tories don't seem to care an iota that the LibDems have committed electoral suicide to support them. While nowadays both the Tories and Labour themselves struggle to get much over 30% of any opinion poll, and failed to get even that in last week's elections, they speak constantly of 'majorities'. They forget that the seats in Westminster no longer remotely reflect the vote of the people outside.

All 3 main parties have had a catastrophic fall in membership and are now experiencing a major backlash but they carry on each like a dowager grand duchess in denial of the serfs at the door brandishing sickles. We the peasants must know our place. The only more out of touch and even more arrogant politicians I have seen were the candidates seeking 'election' to the highest offices of the EU. But they are not elected. They are appointed by prime ministers and Presidents most of whom have very little popular support at home.

Tony Blair made me so angry with his holier than thou 'I know best' patronising attitude and utter lack of humility, he drives me toward UKIP even though I didn't feel like voting for it next year.

Meanwhile, last night Lord Heseltine made completely unsupported remarks as to the BNP vote of racists going over to UKIP who he implied are also racists. Hello? There is no evidence of where that vote went if indeed those people voted at all. Maybe a lot of them voted Tory? Does he wish us to lop off a few hundred thousand votes from the Tory vote so it is not tainted? His own party has had MPs resign over their after dinner 'jokes' about Asians and gays etc

I agree the main parties dont get it....until they do UKIP is going to grow and grow and to be honest i can see them getting more seats than the Lib dems in the next general election now that would be interesting....not only for our democratic society but to show the main parties you have to listen to what people are telling you and they arent and they still dont get it.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    So presumably are the families of the hundred thousand plus civilians who died in Iraq thanks to this mans need to suck up to George Bush so he could make millions afterwards giving speeches and 'advice' in the US and elsewhere.

Whatever people may say about Nigel Farage he is not a war criminal and doesn't have the blood of thousands of people on his hands. And shame on Labour for allowing Blair to do what he did.

agree ....can you imagine if it were the torys that took us into war....the Labour Backbenchers would never ever shut up about it.....but because it was them they are deathly silent....well i am sorry people still remember and so do all the families that were put through it all......and until their is some form of justice you should all hang your heads in shame.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »

Maybe not, but It's hopeful to think this Farage man would be any more responsible with power. Just look at those billboards that were designed to spread fear and hate among people, and the language they have used to do the same - to most people that's pretty disgraceful. Not only that, this man is a puppet of the rich and powerful just the same as the Tories are. He wants to drastically reduce the state and deregulate the hell out of big business. If we know one thing today, it's that this is a path that inspires corruption, something that's not unfamiliar to ex bankers like this Farage person.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Blair is a good example of that fad phenomenon where, for a time, nearly everyone is really into something a bit strange.

Like those snooker balls on strings, that bouncy head thing, or how about the Raleigh Chopper?

And then... it's gone, and there is a great deal of embarassment about how we could have ever liked that weird thing?

I think that's Blair, because the man is a weirdo and how could everyone not have noticed?
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not, but It's hopeful to think this Farage man would be any more responsible with power. Just look at those billboards that were designed to spread fear among people, and the language they have used to do the same - to most people that's pretty disgraceful. Not only that, this man is a puppet of the rich and powerful just the same as the Tories are. He wants to drastically reduce the state and deregulate the hell out of big business. If we know one thing today, it's that this is a path that inspires corruption, something that's not unfamiliar to ex bankers like this Farage person.

So the truth must be sacrificed now?

And what fear?
    People are angry and resentful, why do you have a problem with calling the emotions for what they are?
    Is that your own fear appearing?

And wasn't Farage a commodity broker?
  • Options
    northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nasty and unpleasant. Sounds just the like towns that UKIP do best in: Basildon, Wickford, Canvey Island, Grays, Rotherham, Great Yarmouth, Margate.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Tony Blair is a good example of that fad phenomenon where, for a time, nearly everyone is really into something a bit strange.

Like those snooker balls on strings, that bouncy head thing, or how about the Raleigh Chopper?

And then... it's gone, and there is a great deal of embarassment about how we could have ever liked that weird thing?

I think that's Blair, because the man is a weirdo and how could everyone not have noticed?

People wanted to believe, it was easier for them. So much so they repeatedly ignored the reporting and instead turned on the messengers.

It's not so surprising he is so hated because some of that hatred reflects their shame at believing him in the first place.