Boxing Promoter Frank Maloney Sex Change

anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Legendary boxing manager and promoter Frank Maloney is undergoing a sex change operation and living as a woman named Kellie :

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-pugilist/frank-maloney-undergoing-sex-change-living-woman-named-084834388.html

Comments

• sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Legendary boxing manager and promoter Frank Maloney is undergoing a sex change operation and living as a woman named Kellie :

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-pugilist/frank-maloney-undergoing-sex-change-living-woman-named-084834388.html

Dont know who he is.........but good luck to him. It can't be an easy thing to do, or go 'public' about.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this for real? :o
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw that and thought wtf?
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I would never have been able to tell that "Kellie" was once a man...
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Blimey!! Who'd have thought it. Always came over tough as nails when Frank.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Married with kids as well.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just bought the paper and saw the story. wow very shocked, i can't even tell its him. the transformation is impressive, it helped that he wasn't a large man so you can't tell that she was a man before. good for her. will defo read the article.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »
    Married with kids as well.

means nothing , alot of people realize later on in life that they are different there is no shame in it ,

I hope Kelli is now happy with herself and wish her well :)
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,961
    Forum Member
    Good luck to Kellie, was shocked like others when i heard the news, totally unexpected but as long as she is happy and isn't doing anyone else any harm good luck to her. It must of being a shock to his family though and must of being something that weighed heavy on Frank Maloney's mind.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saw this this morning as well. good luck to her.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saw this this morning as well. good luck to her.
    May it bring her the happiness she wants.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First Nikki Sinclaire, now Frank Maloney, how long before UKIP is led by Nigella Farage?
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    First Nikki Sinclaire, now Frank Maloney, how long before UKIP is led by Nigella Farage?

Or Nicola Griffin. :o:D
  • Dextor_MorganDextor_Morgan Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3666155.stm

He/She might be regretting a few things perhaps?
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear!
  • CroftCroft Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Confirmation that the biggest bigots tend to be the biggest hypocrites .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it with this forum and dragging up things that happened a decade ago ?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I read that as "Boxing promoter Frank Maloney sex charge" at first :blush::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good luck to her. And well done for coming out so publicly, I hope that it helps others in sport.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it with this forum and dragging up things that happened a decade ago ?

rel·e·vance [rel-uh-vuhns]
    noun
    the condition of being relevant, or connected with the matter at hand
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rel·e·vance [rel-uh-vuhns]
    noun
    the condition of being relevant, or connected with the matter at hand

something that happened ten years ago hardly defines who a person is today. if he had been publicly campaigning against gays and making anti-gay statements right up until the point he decided to undergo a sex change then fair enough, the point is clearly relevant but to the best of my knowledge this hasn't happened.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    something that happened ten years ago hardly defines who a person is today. if he had been publicly campaigning against gays and making anti-gay statements right up until the point he decided to undergo a sex change then fair enough, the point is clearly relevant but to the best of my knowledge this hasn't happened.

I think a huge amount of what we do throughout our life clearly defines who we are later on actually. Seemingly different to your opinion but that's what makes forums interesting.
    I found the fact he was quite strong and unsympathetic in his comments against a section of society, and here he is now giving an interview asking to be understood and accepted, which I happen to think he should, however, I find it all quite hypocritical.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a huge amount of what we do throughout our life clearly defines who we are later on actually. Seemingly different to your opinion but that's what makes forums interesting.
    I found the fact he was quite strong and unsympathetic in his comments against a section of society, and here he is now giving an interview asking to be understood and accepted, which I happen to think he should, however, I find it all quite hypocritical.

I don't actually disagree with you - to a point. That point being that people can change - and ten years is a long enough time for someone to change. People still drag up Cheryl Cole's (it's easier to type 'Cole' :)) assault conviction from eleven years ago as if it defines her character now when it quite clearly doesn't.

If Maloney does still hold the same strong views about gays then I would absolutely condemn her for them, but as yet, we don't know that so that's why I don't think what she said ten years ago is really relevant today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maloney addressed a meeting of The Swinton Circle as recently as 2010, from what I've read her political history does tend to lean to the right shall we say.
    I wouldn't expect there to be any more 'anti-gay' comments in public, but my opinion remains.;-)
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't actually disagree with you - to a point. That point being that people can change - and ten years is a long enough time for someone to change. People still drag up Cheryl Cole's (it's easier to type 'Cole' :)) assault conviction from eleven years ago as if it defines her character now when it quite clearly doesn't.

If Maloney does still hold the same strong views about gays then I would absolutely condemn her for them, but as yet, we don't know that so that's why I don't think what she said ten years ago is really relevant today.

I think it's incredibly relevant in that it may be all tied up in his own screwed-up confusion about his own sexuality and the ubermacho world he inhabited at the time.

I'd be quite interested to know what his feelings are now - as a transsexual - about the stance he took against gay people a decade ago.