Claudia's remark re Donny's "10"

scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
Forum Member
✭✭✭
No not a phallic reference for all you dirty minded forumites!:D

The Mirror has already picked up on Claudia's remark after Frankie's dance........

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/strictly-come-dancing-claudia-winkleman-4462010?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I can imagine someone at the beeb having a quiet word with her - after all they were plugging him like hell last week!!!!

But c'mon wasn't that what virtually everyone thought about that score!!!! :kitty:

Comments

• thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    I LOLed 😂
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was spot on! His ten really did not count.
  • scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know that Claudia divides opinions a lot, but I think that even most of her detractors would have found that comment funny!!!

.... and agreed with it!!
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is obviously keeping a check on what is being said on the net!, we could tell that last week with the exaggerated eye make up and her comment on it!........ lol..... Good on her I say!......... :D:D
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claudia was on fine form tonight with the zero time between thinking & speaking. Brilliant ^_^
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I do love Claudia sometimes.

(oh, who am I kidding, all of the time)
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scarlotti wrote: »
    i know that Claudia divides opinions a lot, but I think that even most of her detractors would have found that comment funny!!!

.... and agreed with it!!

As someone who generally finds Claudia very irritating, I can confirm that I did find that comment funny and very agreeable.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was dead right and very funny. I love Claudia :).
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were taking the piss out of him on ITT this week as well:D
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    I particularly loved the following comment after she said 'we love you Donny' that was something along the lines of 'do yo think he's watching, oh of course he isn't' after he made such a big deal of 'I've been watching every week....' last week :D Bloody Love Claude :)
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God! So funny. I really was rolling on the floor laughing, not. No really, Claudia is a lovely lady but I don't find her witty or funny. Her terms and conditions ramblings bore me.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they all knew his votes for meaningless. Scott and Joanne barely reacted when he gave them that ridiculious 7. They knew the dance was bad and didn't take it seriously. Donny seems like a decent enough guy but his judging was a joke.

Claudia made me laugh out loud with that comment :)
  • scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they all knew his votes for meaningless. Scott and Joanne barely reacted when he gave them that ridiculious 7. They knew the dance was bad and didn't take it seriously. Donny seems like a decent enough guy but his judging was a joke.

Claudia made me laugh out loud with that comment :)

Agree entirely re Donny, just quite why the BBC chose to promote him over last week I don't know and he certainly didn't fit in as a judge on Strictly.

Scott's 7 - I'll trump that with Mark's 9 :D:):p:kitty:
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Claudia was on fine form tonight with the zero time between thinking & speaking. Brilliant ^_^

The best thing about Claud :D

Shocked at her saying Donny's points are worth about half. LOL!
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Claudia, 42, echoed viewers’ sentiments that Donny was too generous with his scoring last week when he gave Frankie Bridge the first 10 of the series."

What on earth is the relevance of her age? :confused:

The Mirror article doesn't give anyone else's age.
  • HoneysmumHoneysmum Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    I thought it was hilarious and just said what we had all been thinking. Last week I deducted his vote after each dance to get the "real" score they would have got without him. I like her, I know many don't but she says it how it is. :D:D:D
  • DuckfeetDuckfeet Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    I disagree with Claudia's remark and don't think she should have said what she did.

A Donny 10 is worth two-thirds of a real 10 . ;-)
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Claudia and I loved her even more for that remark. BTW check out the strictly/IKEA thread for the sodoffdonny. :D
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Claudia is THEE legend. A thoroughly and naturally hilarious woman.

Her terms and conditions jokes are amongst my favourite ever.
  • BelgoLiftBelgoLift Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    "Claudia, 42, echoed viewers’ sentiments that Donny was too generous with his scoring last week when he gave Frankie Bridge the first 10 of the series."

What on earth is the relevance of her age? :confused:

The Mirror article doesn't give anyone else's age.

They do so little with actual numbers, they must have felt the urge to put another numerical fact in....:D
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was hilarious. The best Claudia-ism ever. Even Kevin and Frankie were giggling like a pair of naughty schoolkids. :D
  • David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose the guest judge is allowed to give unrealistically generous marks, and he was quite indiscriminate with them, so it didn't really make a lot of difference in the end as they were spread around. Frankie's dance was, in my opinion, the best of the night, so it deserved the best overall mark. Not a 10, though.
  • Serenity.Serenity. Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    A genuinely funny remark amidst all the scripted 'jokes' poor Tess has to read out. That's what I love about Claudia, she seems so off the cuff, genuine and original. Long may she remain on Strictly.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed and the 10 was out of place, so it was a comment on that, an absolute value of points isn't important, it was for a laugh there. But I am not surprised somebody is trying to stir an international scandal out of this.
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The beeb should be grateful that she didn't say "sod off Donny", a phrase that appeared a LOT on DS last week