Mel having a go again.

14567810»

Comments

• anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sammyvan wrote: »
    That BIB, in my opinion, is a total cop-out. Nobody can MAKE Mel do anything - she is quite able to be stroppy, short tempered and moody without any help from her camp-mates. She definitely has anger management problems and lack of nourishment is making it all the worse. Seems to be 'her way or the highway'?

Well said. Lord help anyone who suggests differently.

Well, especially if they're old.:D

I did find it odd that a 45 year old seeks her mothers approval.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit off topic but in all this Edwina and John Major talk in there I can't help feeling very sorry for Mrs Major :(
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel comes across as a spoilt, petulant child. What has she achieved? What has Edwina achieved? I could not believe Mel saying she wanted to do the trial and Kendra had to join her, because she liked Kendra. She so did not want Edwina shining in a trial, so near to the final. Strange that a woman who does not know what 'braising' means, has control of the cooking? Plus the camp mates do not seem to like what is served up. I wonder why?
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    A bit off topic but in all this Edwina and John Major talk in there I can't help feeling very sorry for Mrs Major :(

Intersting point. A fair few of them come with personal back stories but not all get beaten up about it. It should be judged on how they perform in there and not the selective editing of their past. Just my opinion.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What part of "Well yes I wanted to cook" is not clear. Vicki quite clearly said this and also said she cooked fresh on a daily basis. They're all blinkin walking on eggshells with Melanie, moreover, it is not her food, it is their food.

If Vicki really wanted to cook why did she not take the opportunity to do it when Mel was on the boys team?

Instead Nadia, who didn't look very confident doing it, had to. And what did Vicky do? Whinged that the crocodile wasn't as good as last time they had it.

Face it, Vicki likes to whinge about anything.
  • SIOPHIE_FIERCESIOPHIE_FIERCE Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AMS13 wrote: »
    Mel comes across as a spoilt, petulant child. What has she achieved? What has Edwina achieved? I could not believe Mel saying she wanted to do the trial and Kendra had to join her, because she liked Kendra. She so did not want Edwina shining in a trial, so near to the final. Strange that a woman who does not know what 'braising' means, has control of the cooking? Plus the camp mates do not seem to like what is served up. I wonder why?

Maybe as it was a team trial she wanted to do it with Kendra because she thought it might involve working together. Her and Edwina don't get on. Anyway it's not like Edwina hasn't preferred other people to do trials other than Mel.

The campmates have generally liked Mel'c cooking. If the meat itself is shit then nothing can be done about it especially if there are no spices to make it better. No one in that camp would've made the croc feet and that silky chicken taste any good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel needs to be told there is No I in team, coming across as she thinks she is perfect, somebody needs to tell her. not all about her. control freak is so outdated
  • daicolldaicoll Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    As time has gone on he has started to get really gobby. The guy is a nonentity as far as I am concerned. I hope TV producers realise how much he is disliked by social media.....
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    samcains90 wrote: »
    If Vicki really wanted to cook why did she not take the opportunity to do it when Mel was on the boys team?

Instead Nadia, who didn't look very confident doing it, had to. And what did Vicky do? Whinged that the crocodile wasn't as good as last time they had it.

Face it, Vicki likes to whinge about anything.

Vicki does like a good whinge, I am amazed how it suits people to forget it, or worse, not even notice it. She spoke very sharply to Mel on occasions too and noone mentions that either.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    daicoll wrote: »
    As time has gone on he has started to get really gobby. The guy is a nonentity as far as I am concerned. I hope TV producers realise how much he is disliked by social media.....

deleted
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    Edwina Currie slept with John Major - I rest my case :D

Yes she did, and I don't condone her for doing that, but Mel was arrested for beating her husband up twice, I rest mine.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually feel more sorry for Mel than anything else. I think she's clearly been through fairly significant upheaval but that doesn't give her license to take it out on everyone else.

In terms of Edwina's tactics, as you call them; I completely understand why she interjected into Kendra's 'me, me, me' lecture. That must be fairly painful to listen to. Edwina's manner is a bit too direct, obviously, but she was completely right in what she said.

Just because Mel and Kendra are steeped in insecurity does not make it ok for them to sulk or fly off the handle every time anyone questions them.

Just because they can be wound up doesn't make it ok to wind them up, though "Kendra's 'me, me, me' lecture" isn't really relevant here. (Not that I agree that Mel is "steeped in insecurity".)
    Well she wasn't the only one. Both Nadia and Michael hinted at much the same. I don't know why you'd prefer 'claimed'. To me that would denote a doubtful assertion. Why would you doubt that she wanted to cook?

The assertion wasn't only that she wanted to cook. It was "that she wanted to cook but had to bite her tongue because Mel had taken control of the kitchen and she felt it would just lead to an argument if she said she wanted to do some of the cooking".

You had to reduce it to "wanted to cook" to make it seem it wasn't sufficiently doubtful to merit "claimed".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    Yes she did, and I don't condone her for doing that, but Mel was arrested for beating her husband up twice, I rest mine.

Brilliant comment.

'Mummy are you proud of me' says the very strong and independent Mel (sarcasm), left me with my fingers down my throat. Personally I think she is a very insecure control freak.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe as it was a team trial she wanted to do it with Kendra because she thought it might involve working together. Her and Edwina don't get on. Anyway it's not like Edwina hasn't preferred other people to do trials other than Mel.

The campmates have generally liked Mel'c cooking. If the meat itself is shit then nothing can be done about it especially if there are no spices to make it better. No one in that camp would've made the croc feet and that silky chicken taste any good.

Every night they had something fried and every night most of them said they could pass on the main meal of the day. How come such a great cook had no idea what 'braising' meant. Full of contradictions, the lovely Mel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Mel was one of the most annoying thing about this series
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daicoll wrote: »

To whom are you referring?
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    jabegy wrote: »

Mel beat Edwina's husband up??? :o:D
  • Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And maybe - and very likely - that,whether it was was a team trial or not she would probably outshine Kendra but that would have been unlikely with Edwinda.And Mel HAS to be top dog.

And I am curious as to how you know that the meat was not so good - have you tried it personally ?
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sammyvan wrote: »
    That BIB, in my opinion, is a total cop-out. Nobody can MAKE Mel do anything - she is quite able to be stroppy, short tempered and moody without any help from her camp-mates. She definitely has anger management problems and lack of nourishment is making it all the worse. Seems to be 'her way or the highway'?

Lol. :D

Have you ever encountered a person with 'anger management' difficulties? :o

Mel is fiesty.....that's all imho.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AMS13 wrote: »
    Brilliant comment.

'Mummy are you proud of me' says the very strong and independent Mel (sarcasm), left me with my fingers down my throat. Personally I think she is a very insecure control freak.

Wonder if Mel knows she has all these problems.:D

She's probably passive/aggressive too.;-)