The Tassimo Thread

fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
Forum Member
Got one for Christmas and thought I would make a thread for all things Tassimo.

Comments

• mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love my tassimo.

The hot chocs are amazing. My hubby like the creme brûlée drinks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Got one for Christmas and thought I would make a thread for all things Tassimo.

make sure you register on their website using the serial number so you can get your £20 evoucher.

After the initial one you get the odd £10 voucher when you spend £25 or something like that
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Love my tassimo.

The hot chocs are amazing. My hubby like the creme brûlée drinks.

Which brand of their Hot Chocolate do you like best ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which brand of their Hot Chocolate do you like best ?

Ooh that's tricky, out of the 3 I've had, I prefer the Suchards and Cadburys, wasn't as keen on the Milka, found it had a weird aftertaste.

What drinks did you get with it?
    Forum Member
    Ooh that's tricky, out of the 3 I've had, I prefer the Suchards and Cadburys, wasn't as keen on the Milka, found it had a weird aftertaste.

What drinks did you get with it?

32 x Cadbury Hot Chocolate
    16 x Costa Americano
    16 x Kenco Colombian
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I love Colombian coffee and the kenco one is lovely.

Hope you enjoy it!!
  • katiekatie Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From pictures I've seen it implies you can only use small cups, whereas I enjoy my coffee/cappuccino/latte/choca mocha etc in a large mug. Can large mugs be used in a Tassimo?
    Forum Member
    katie wrote: »
    From pictures I've seen it implies you can only use small cups, whereas I enjoy my coffee/cappuccino/latte/choca mocha etc in a large mug. Can large mugs be used in a Tassimo?

I use large mugs with it and they are rather tall how tall are yoursl
  • moogiechompymoogiechompy Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you mean the tall latte style glass mugs, yes they can, you can remove the stand/drip tray underneath, love my tassimo :)
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got myself a Tassimo mainly for the other drinks than coffee as i got a dolce-gusto for quick coffee and a expresso maker for a better coffee. But I have tried some coffee from the tassiomo and to be honest some of it is really good.
    mastro lorenzo crema intenso is a nice strong coffee, but sadly only available from their website.

kenco pure colombia is also nice. Other drinks i like is the cote dor chocolate, Milka is ok as well.

The problem with the tassimo like other pod machines is that they can be a bit pricey if you drink a lot of coffee, also if you into the environment thing or those plastic pods going into landfill. Nespresso machines uses aluminium pods which can be recycled.

BTY, have any one tried the new Costa pods for the Tassimo? I tried the Costa Latte when it was on offer at at work, it is ok and I got a costa Americana today.

The problem with ordering the stuff online is the delivery charge, unless you spend £35, that is a lot to spend on hot drinks. A friend of mine got a dolce gusto, so we can order stuff between us, but I don't know anyone else who have a tassimo.
    Forum Member
    I think it is quite cool how it uses barcodes.
  • Christian_GreyChristian_Grey Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got one for my parents as part of their Christmas present. They like the carte noir caramel macchiato and the costa latte. I tried a costa Americano it was ok, but I think i'm just too used to coffee out of my gaggia so I wasn't that keen. However the milka drink was surprisingly nice, I usually find hot chocolates rather powdery, but this was quite rich and creamy. However it doesn't seem to be made for your average mug. It only fills about 3/4 of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is quite cool how it uses barcodes.

The barcode idea is a good one, i can stick a cup under, press the button and walk away, I can't do that with the dolce-gusto.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got one for my parents as part of their Christmas present. They like the carte noir caramel macchiato and the costa latte. I tried a costa Americano it was ok, but I think i'm just too used to coffee out of my gaggia so I wasn't that keen. However the milka drink was surprisingly nice, I usually find hot chocolates rather powdery, but this was quite rich and creamy. However it doesn't seem to be made for your average mug. It only fills about 3/4 of it.

I find the pod machines good for a quick semi decent coffee without mucking around with the espresso maker. If I want a really decent coffee and I got more time I will use my gaggia. a pod machine is never going to be the quality of a espresso machine, but they are pretty good.

Tassimo comes in four sizes, small, medium, large and extra large. espressos are small, some Lattes are extra large. Milka is medium at 180ml, it does tell you the size on the pack and on the website.

i find the cups that I got for my dolce-gusto does the trick apart from the extra large, I got to use my ebuyer mug for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    I find the pod machines good for a quick semi decent coffee without mucking around with the espresso maker. If I want a really decent coffee and I got more time I will use my gaggia. a pod machine is never going to be the quality of a espresso machine, but they are pretty good.

Tassimo comes in four sizes, small, medium, large and extra large. espressos are small, some Lattes are extra large. Milka is medium at 180ml, it does tell you the size on the pack and on the website.

i find the cups that I got for my dolce-gusto does the trick apart from the extra large, I got to use my ebuyer mug for that.

I think I'll have to buy the extra large sizes for them in that case.

I understand it won't make coffee as good as an espresso machine, I was just commenting on the quality and taste of the pods. The chai latte one looks appealing, may have to give those a whirl next time I'm round there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, Tassimo is sounding more and more tempting knowing I can have a large drink :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, Tassimo is sounding more and more tempting knowing I can have a large drink :)

They are pretty nifty. I got a good deal on the one for my parents, it was half price at £49.99
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add to the list I need a new slow cooker and a new steamer and this could turn out to be an expensive New Year even if I find them at a sale price.
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got one for Christmas a few years ago.

Love the new Costa range. The Kenco coffees are good as well.

As for anything else the Twining teas are ok, but when I've got through the current batch I'll be going back to using the kettle and a tea bag. Have tried all the Hot Chocolates but found them a little disappointing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice on Tassimo but after research I bought a Krups machine that uses Nescafe Dolce Gusto - only had it a few hours and already had 2 x cappuccino and 1 x latte macchiato. Been to the Dolce Gusto website and ordered some more pods and some latte glasses. Found that Costco sell the pods in a multi-pack: 3 boxes (each box contains pods for 8 drinks so makes 24 drinks) for £8.69 compared with £3.68 for a single box on the official website or £3.77 at the supermarkets.

The machine was discontinued, selling at £45 in Currys so for me that's a good starting point to see how much I enjoy coffee from a pod - I can always look at upgrading to a Tassimo maybe another time but the ones I saw available were mostly over £100.

As an affirmed and addicted coffee drinker... so far so good :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well since I got both machines myself I can do a compare type of thing.

The Dolce Gusto was the first machine I got about 3 years back, the coffee is ok as long as it is black, the chocolate is not bad. the milk pods are powdered and while they do a ok job they are not great and sometimes i find the drinks like lattes can have a after taste.

Machine is manual, so you got to make sure you start and stop it at the right time, not like I did when I first had it and left it running until I realised it is not going to stop :)

The Tassimo as I said before I only got a month or so ago, maybe two, it is more of a drinks machine than the dolce gusto as going by the pods will tell you.

Drinks that uses milk seems to be better, maybe because it uses liquid milk, but it is still long life milk.

Coffees are pretty good, not better or worse than the dolce Gusto, just different. Better range on the Tassimo.

Tassimo being semi-automatic is nice as well.

Price of pods is the problem for both machines, i been trying to find them cheaper elsewhere, but as of yet have failed, we don't have a costco

I love my coffee, I drink far too much, having one now before bed,, I prefer my espresso machine, but the pod machines are quicker.

I am glad you decided and I am sure you will love the coffee if you can afford the pods.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon I can afford the pods as until now I was drinking Nescafe Choca Mocha on a daily basis (the instant stuff in a sachet that you mix in boiling water) which are around £2.99 for 8 (although some supermarkets have them on special offers quite often) so the pods are a little bit more expensive if I buy them in the supermarket but am planning, for a while at least, substituting my regular Choca Mocha for pods.

I think what I'm liking at the mo is choice.... sachets of Choca Mocha, pods, filter coffee (have an old machine) and sometimes good old instant. Variety is the spice of life!
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love my Tassimo as well.

I normally do not like hot beverages, but this little beauty has changed me.

My favourite is Canadian Tim Hortons T-Discs - it's absolutely delicious. Second Cup ones are fantastic as well.
    Twinnings Chai Latte and Chai Latte Lemongrass are so good!

I bought all the hot chocolate ones that I could find. Cadbury is the winner so far. Milka, Cote d'Or and Suchard aren't as yummy.
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweh wrote: »

I bought all the hot chocolate ones that I could find. Cadbury is the winner so far. Milka, Cote d'Or and Suchard aren't as yummy.

But you get 16 Suchard. They have been improved so there is much more choclatey foam and also low calorie.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    We've had 2 Tassimo machines, the original and then had an upgrade special offer to the Bosch machine.
    We do like the Tassimo alot and used to buy loads of packets: Cafe Crema, Suchards, Twinings Tea, Capachino, Latte Macchiato and the odd different varieties from the website that you don't see in the supermarket.
    Our new favourite is the Chai Latte, but over the last couple of years we've not used it as much due to the cost of the packets so it was just the odd treat now and then, but recently our machine has been relegated to the garage.