Options

Using I-Pod Touch via Wireless on Sky Broadband

Has anyone got this to work and if so how did you do it ?

Did you have to change the settings on the I-Pod screen or set an exception rule on the Netgear page ?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Options
    kevin88kevin88 Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might be better asking in the sky broadband forum :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd just need to type the WEP into the iPod when it asks for it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got this to work and if so how did you do it ?

Did you have to change the settings on the I-Pod screen or set an exception rule on the Netgear page ?

Many Thanks
    What is it that's not working, and what errors are you seeing? I don't know anything about your ISP or router, but I had no trouble getting my Touch online via wi-fi, it spotted my network and listed it with a padlock icon, I had to put in my WPA password and that was all, very easy and didn't have to put any ISP-specific settings in at all. Have you had many other devices connected via wi-fi, and if so did you have to do anything special for those?

Bob :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the replies and advice. I also posted on the Sky Broadband forum but didn't get much luck.

Well after 10 hours of trying different settings, losing my Wireless Internet Connection and having to reconfigure everything I have finally got things working. This is what I learnt :

I was getting the error message of "unable to connect". I was using the passkey that comes with your Sky Broadband unit and is on the panel below the router.

After some advice on another forum I found I needed to add the I-Pod using the wireless setting set-up access list on the Netgear set-up page and also to use one of the passkeys that feature of the Netgear page rather than the initial one supplied by Sky.

It's taken quite a bit of re-starting of applications and units but it has suddenly come to life.

Thanks again for your help.