Spiral III - Saturday evenings - BBC4 pace, no spoilers please

Comments

• ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,936
    Forum Member
    Hi ilovewallander! Yes I can imagine that you might get protective of it - I feel a bit like that with TK compared to the remade AMC version. And before anyone jumps on me I know that it may well turn out to be good but it's just a feeling you get that something will be lost when it's remade by a different culture.

I'll definitely try to catch some of either/both of the Swedish Wallanders. :)

I agree with you about the AMC version of TK. I don't think there'd be enough 'action' in the Danish version for American audiences (plus the closest thing to sex was Rie and Troels snogging a bit - and the only bit of flesh we saw was when he took his paint stained shirt off mmm mmmmm:D) But I liked the fact that it wasn't over the top action, the amazing acting did the talking.

At first I thought there's no way I'm going to watch the US version, but I'm thinking I'd like to see it just to compare them. Or see if they completely massacre it with explosions, car chases etc etc. I bet the character who plays their version of Troels ends up in bed with their version of Lund or something!
    Forum Member
    KT will be keeping an eye on us, and sending a call to go to the headmaster office if it gets silly:D. OP is it OK to keep the thread alive and kicking till we get to Saturday.

Ooh-er do you think we'll get the cane?;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh-er do you think we'll get the cane?;)

Behave:D

ILW have you seen Let The Right One In? Fantastic vampire movie. They made a remake in the US-Let Me In. I think the Swedish one is far far superior. Loved it so much I bought the book from Amazon to read about the parts of the story they couldn't put in the film. However many people won't watch subs so doing an English language version brought the story to more people. I see English versions as additions not a rival or threat to the originals. You don't have to watch the remakes if you don't want. Don't hate Branagh's version just prefer the Swedish ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you about the AMC version of TK. I don't think there'd be enough 'action' in the Danish version for American audiences (plus the closest thing to sex was Rie and Troels snogging a bit - and the only bit of flesh we saw was when he took his paint stained shirt off mmm mmmmm:D) But I liked the fact that it wasn't over the top action, the amazing acting did the talking.

At first I thought there's no way I'm going to watch the US version, but I'm thinking I'd like to see it just to compare them. Or see if they completely massacre it with explosions, car chases etc etc. I bet the character who plays their version of Troels ends up in bed with their version of Lund or something!

Apparently the makers of the Swedish version wanted Lund & Troel to get it on. Sofie G wouldn't have it and the impending love scene was axed.
    Forum Member
    Behave:D

ILW have you seen Let The Right One In? Fantastic vampire movie. They made a remake in the US-Let Me In. I think the Swedish one is far far superior. Loved it so much I bought the book from Amazon to read about the parts of the story they couldn't put in the film. However many people won't watch subs so doing an English language version brought the story to more people. I see English versions as additions not a rival or threat to the originals. You don't have to watch the remakes if you don't want. Don't hate Branagh's version just prefer the Swedish ones.

Don't want to behave:D:D:D

I wanted to see Let The Right One In, but just didn't get to see it. I will have to try and get hold of a copy of the film and the book.

I don't hate the Branagh Wallander, I didn't say that. I quite liked it, it's others who've really got a downer on it. They just compare it to the Swedish ones. But then you get those who don't like the Lassgard ones because they saw Henriksson first and think Lassgard's some kind of imposter when in fact he was the first Wallander, not Henriksson
    Forum Member
    Apparently the makers of the Swedish version wanted Lund & Troel to get it on. Sofie G wouldn't have it and the impending love scene was axed.

Yes I heard that too. Good for her! TK was perfect the way it was, it didn't need anything detracting from the story. Although at times it did look like there was a teeny bit of sexual chemistry between them. It was subtle, but definitely there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Coming atcha on May 9th on Amazon:

http://************/4dzps7t
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Apparently the makers of the Swedish version wanted Lund & Troel to get it on.

Danish version, you mean.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Danish version, you mean.

:o They all sound the same to me, thanks for the correction MT
  • jingledjingled Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Hi ILW - I remember the shirt scene very well...what a tease, he kept going to unbutton and then stopping. But we got there in the end:)

Back to Spiral. Thanks very much for the character explanations Kenny T. Never seen it before, so will try my best to keep up.

Just wondered, do they follow one crime for the whole series like TK, or per double-episode?
  • LondonKiwiLondonKiwi Posts: 2,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jingled wrote: »
    Just wondered, do they follow one crime for the whole series like TK, or per double-episode?

There was a crime over the whole series but each week there was usually a case they were investigating as well that got resolved in the same episode.
  • Um_BongoUm_Bongo Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Am I the 'tosser' you're referring to?:eek: I said sorry to BK for my faux pas. I'm new on here so forgive me for not knowing the protocol:o I also gather that BK is a God so I'll tread carefully in future:D

Noooo it was not you I was referring to, I was just reminding BK that I was the one that reported R***9 to the mods and put him on ignore him. BK replied to me about my post so it was just a prompt to remind him.
    Forum Member
    allie4 wrote: »
    You've done absolutely NOTHING wrong, ilw!
    and er, BK is no god - just one of us! (no offence, BK!) and please don't worry about what you say. On internet forums there are always one or two people who are rude or confrontational at times - it's much easier to be nasty if no one knows who you are!
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing lots more from you during Spiral 3!
    (I think poster referred to someone who put up a spoiler (of sorts) on the Killing thread AGES ago!!)

I was not being rude or nasty, the event that I was referring to happened last Saturday as he was getting a bit to close to the line on the final day of the series.
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Um_Bongo wrote: »
    I was not being rude or nasty, the event that I was referring to happened last Saturday as he was getting a bit to close to the line of the final day of the series.

Eh?:confused::confused::confused:
    Honestly, UM - I didn't refer to you at all! You've never been a nasty poster!!!! I was referring to something else and trying to make ILW feel better about posting!!
    Forum Member
    Honestly, UM - I didn't refer to you at all! You've never been a nasty poster!!!! I was referring to something else and trying to make ILW feel better about posting!!

I think there are lots of cross threads going on here ;) All started because of idiot on the TK boards. :mad:

It would probably be best that we draw a line under it and get on chatting about the wonderful new dramas we are watching.
    Forum Member

UM, I think allie4 was referring to the other person being nasty not you. I think I know who she meant, I've gleaned enough info since joining this :) gawd I'm sorry to be the cause of all this confusion:o:confused:
    Forum Member
    jingled wrote: »
    Hi ILW - I remember the shirt scene very well...what a tease, he kept going to unbutton and then stopping. But we got there in the end:)
    Back to Spiral. Thanks very much for the character explanations Kenny T. Never seen it before, so will try my best to keep up.

I'm glad to see there's someone else in the Troels appreciation society, Jingled;););) Yes, boy did we get there in the end!

I'm looking forward to Spiral and the info you gave the Spiral virgins and (sort-of) virgins KT was v helpful:) I haven't seen much of Spiral, but I remember Gregory FIToussi (what girl wouldn't??!). I just hope it's as gripping and brilliantly acted as TK. That will take some beating!
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wanted to see Let The Right One In,but just didn't get to see it. I will have to try and get hold of a copy of the film and the book.

It's a great film, ilovewallander. I agree with BK - try and get the Swedish version.
    Forum Member
    It's a great film, ilovewallander. I agree with BK - try and get the Swedish version.

Thanks RP:) The Swedish film is the one I want to see, I'm not bothered about the US remake. It's a bit like all those Japanese and Korean horror films like The Eye and The Ring, the US always have to do a remake. The originals are so much better:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Morning all

And then the book after the film. That's the way I did it. The two leads in the film are so good I imagined them as the characters in the book as well. There's also a very good commentary on the DVD from the director and the script writer(who wrote the book).
  • InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooohh. Amazon box arrived.... Spiral I and Spiral II.

Shiny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooohh. Amazon box arrived.... Spiral I and Spiral II.

Shiny.

Morning IM. Hope you enjoy them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie, ILW, UB- you weren't wearing bikinis and covered in mud during you ''discussion'' by any chance were you:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    allie, ILW, UB- you weren't wearing bikinis and covered in mud during you ''discussion'' by any chance were you:D:D:D:D:D

Cheeky bugger :p:p:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member

Some learned discussion this, we'll be hearing about French coeds next. The sooner Spiral start the better