Oh Gary!

DrPepperDrPepper Posts: 2,655
Forum Member
✭✭✭
You still have time...get out while you can...or it's likely your credibility will be sucked out of you as quick as you can say "dyson"!

Comments

• PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, surely he doesn't need the money.
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Run for your life Gary your better than this.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    I reckon all the judges should quit the day of the first auditions, just to see what would happen.

Sinitta, Brian Friedman and...
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem a little weird. He doesn't exactly need to exposure or the publicity that other artists need (Cheryl for example). He's been able to sell out (part of a group I know) stadiums the country over in minutes and been part of a group that's sold an AMAZING amount of albums. Take that are basically performing on the show on a yearly basis anyway, so it seems like there isn't a real need for him to join.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary maybe does genuinely like the show and he wants to help mentoring contestants. He is obviously not doing this to further his career or for money.

OR

maybe he is going to go solo :eek: ......:p
  • Will MitchellWill Mitchell Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing what we've seen in the past few months, I would say yeah, get out. You don't need the exposure or the money. The show is in crisis and I don't believe that its all PR.

Dannii Axed in UK
    Cheryl quits UK only to be axed in US
    Louis remains, whilst being the most irrelevent and out of touch judge on the panel
    Cowell too busy in the US, not to bother with the UK but yet has managed to balls up both.

Get out now Gary! Quick. Run. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if Gary wasn't performing anymore he'd still be making big money from the roylties on the songs that he writes for other artists. I suspect he simply would like the chance to mentor new talent, I believe he has his own record company?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Especially now Cheryl's going to be in charge of the failing show (according to the Sun)!! and is going to pull it up by it's bootstraps.

If I was Gary I'd let 'em down.
  • Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering Sinitta likened the show to Dynasty, if I were Gary Barlow I'd seriously consider getting out while I can, I think he's too professional to get involved in X Factor 'fun and games'.
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What credibility?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary should have set up a more genuine talent show for singers, maybe on BBC1. People respect his talent and would respect his views on other people's talent. XF isnt about talent so he's not a straight fit.
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    kenny12 wrote: »
    What credibility?

I don't know being a very good songwriter
  • DrPepperDrPepper Posts: 2,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He can develop talent without a tv show.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    I would actually like to see Sinitta on the panel every week on the condition she wears a new fabulous gown after every ad break.
  • Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    I would actually like to see Sinitta on the panel every week on the condition she wears a new fabulous gown after every ad break.

How about "leaves of the week"?

This week Sinitta is showing palm leaves...next week she'll be taking on the oak.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    How about "leaves of the week"?

This week Sinitta is showing palm leaves...next week she'll be taking on the oak.

Horse chestnut perhaps. Ivy? Stinging nettles?
  • The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lydian wrote: »
    Gary should have set up a more genuine talent show for singers, maybe on BBC1. People respect his talent and would respect his views on other people's talent. XF isnt about talent so he's not a straight fit.

This ^

I would love to see a serious show for talented vocalists. I'm way past laughing at the dross now. It's time to call it a day XF.
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's Gary wants a tv career? Take That can't continue forever, so he'd like to cut his teeth on X Factor? I don't think it's the right fit for him, but he must believe it is his chance for a career move? I'll be interested to see if he's as boring as everyone on DS says he is. Just because he hasn't hit the headlines with scandals like one or two of his band mates have, doesn't mean he's a bore and his writing shows he understands what people like.

He knows the business inside out and has authority.
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    I don't know being a very good songwriter

Oh... yes, because the X Factor is always looking for talented songwriters to sing classic covers on their winning album.

'You Raised Me Up', 'Listen', 'And I am Telling You' and 'Home' - all great original pieces penned by past contestants.

If by the X Factor they are looking for a group of podgy, old dancers and a mediocre songwriter then Gary's the man for the job!
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lydian wrote: »

Great idea. Gary should set up his own talent show .