Options

Claims ghost filmed in Bolton pub.

Comments

• Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I watched this earlier and I am so freaked out :o that is a legit ghost you cant fake footage like that. I think the pub owners should be very careful ghosts that are bad spirits can really harm you. I cant imagine what the staff are like now after seeing that. I wouldnt like to be in that pub after midnight closing up

Console yourself with this my dear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTghUoScGO8
  • Options
    BabsefcBabsefc Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WinterLily wrote: »
    I have been in this pub many times and the only thing that scared me was the price of a cheese sandwich:o:o

Has a wonderful history though.

Not been in this pub for years! I used to enjoy the odd half of scrumpy in there. Hubby used to say it was cloudy because of the dead rats in the barrels :D

Used to go whimberry picking too up Winter Hill, Winterlily
  • Options
    talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its fake though. The video has been tampered with. The evidence is at the timestamp 06:18:04:01, look at the time stamp, there is a different time stamp underneath it.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,272
    Forum Member
    I watched this earlier and I am so freaked out :o that is a legit ghost you cant fake footage like that. I think the pub owners should be very careful ghosts that are bad spirits can really harm you. I cant imagine what the staff are like now after seeing that. I wouldnt like to be in that pub after midnight closing up

Being serious? Can't tell. Ghosts don't exist.
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Being serious? Can't tell. Ghosts don't exist.

It's not so much the belief in ghosts that boggles my mind, but the belief that a few seconds of fuzzy, flickering CCTV footage can't possibly have been tampered with in any way, or interpreted in any way other than it being a genuine ghostly figure.
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on or against a black square thing that looks distinctly like a giant TV...
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member

Blimmin' right. Had a bottle of dodgy rum once. Shitting through the eye of a needle at 20 paces, I was.

Oh, you mean ghosts...:blush:
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Wonder what kind of spirits he had to drink?

I'll get my coat :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I can't be the only one to not see a bloody thing apart from a few flashes of light?
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a dump, no self respecting ghost would even bother going there.
  • Options
    DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Grandmother has always been convinced ghosts exist. As a small girl she lived on a farm with her brothers and sisters. One night she was awoken by the sound of horses hooves, she looked out of her bedroom window to see some men dressed in uniforms on horses holding swords. She was so scared she woke up her sister who shared a bed with her. When her sister looked out of the window the men and horses had vanished into thin air.
  • Options
    talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I can't be the only one to not see a bloody thing apart from a few flashes of light?
    an image appears at 16:18:00.00 on the timer and lasts a couple of seconds. look in the middle and you see what appears to be the head of a hooded figure flicker.

Its fake though. The video has been tampered with. The evidence is at the timestamp 06:18:04:01, look at the time stamp, there is a different time stamp underneath it.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Choose one:

Microearthquakes, Infrasound, Electromagnetic interference, Confirmation bias, hoax,

Exactly.

Where are all the ghosts of the trillions of other individual organisms that have existed on the planet?

Why is it (in general) only humans and their pets that are ever seen?

But I would pay good money to see the ghost of a Tyrannosaurus rex in full display plumage. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    I don't know why we are discussing this?

All we need is Bollywood's definitive answer on the subject.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    an image appears at 16:18:00.00 on the timer and lasts a couple of seconds. look in the middle and you see what appears to be the head of a hooded figure flicker.

Believe it or not, I've seen a ghost in real life and it wasn't see through or flashy like that. It was an actual being just casually walking down the stairs. When I asked my friend who that man was, she said that was her grandad and that he occasionally came to visit. It was later revealed that he had died in the house several years before. Even after seeing a ghost, I'm still skeptical. You'd think there would be more than one to see in a lifetime. What with all the death on this planet! :(
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I can see a TV... ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've actually seen ghosts in the past. When I was about 4, I was at my aunt's house and my cousins (who were kids at the time) and I were watching cartoons on TV. I saw these grey shadowy figures walking around their back garden. I never said anything to anyone until about a year ago as I was afraid nobody would believe me.
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what kind of spirits he had to drink?

I'll get my coat :D

So you should given that I got in with that pisspoor joke on post #2 of this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So you should given that I got in with that pisspoor joke on post #2 of this thread.

Alright fine! I'm outta here! *grabs coat and leaves*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright fine! I'm outta here! *grabs coat and leaves*

Ha ha, I am the king of crap jokes!
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I've actually seen ghosts in the past. When I was about 4, I was at my aunt's house and my cousins (who were kids at the time) and I were watching cartoons on TV. I saw these grey shadowy figures walking around their back garden. I never said anything to anyone until about a year ago as I was afraid nobody would believe me.

Just out of interest, why did you think they were supernatural projections of long dead people reincarnated as some kind of astral beings/ apparitions as opposed to a slightly more plausible and scientific explanation?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AOTB wrote: »
    Just out of interest, why did you think they were supernatural projections of long dead people reincarnated as some kind of astral beings/ apparitions as opposed to a slightly more plausible and scientific explanation?

They were walking across the back garden and as far as I can remember they looked like real people. I have a vague memory of one of the shadows wearing a hat.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    They were walking across the back garden and as far as I can remember they looked like real people. I have a vague memory of one of the shadows wearing a hat.

People that look like real people, often are real people. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, one of the shadows wore specs. One of the monkees wore a hat.
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    Babsefc wrote: »
    Not been in this pub for years! I used to enjoy the odd half of scrumpy in there. Hubby used to say it was cloudy because of the dead rats in the barrels :D

Used to go whimberry picking too up Winter Hill, Winterlily

I haven't been in for years. Still go whimberry picking occasionally though!

Ghosts do NOT exist - therefore the image cannot be of a ghost:D