PMQ's Wednesday 26th March 2014: Live Discussion Thread

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HAHAH the look on Ed Milibands face then... it smacked of..

"HA that's a load of rubbish.... wait.. is it?!?"
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thorr wrote: »
    Why is it that when Cameron is speaking, and the camera cuts to balls and Miliband, they are both grinning like a couple of loons. Hasn't anyone told them how to look statesmanlike...

Easy answer to that one — they ARE a couple of loons. Between them they have little to laugh about:D
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    Miliband just cannot think on his feet, he is completely lost and get flustered if he has to deviate from his prepared script.

He probably spends hours on his scripts which are often out of date when he delivers them and he clings to them like a drowning man clings to a life raft.

It does not bode well for his performance at any pre-election televised debates.
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    chaff wrote: »
    Ed just got reamed. Poor guy, I almost feel sorry for him :D

I think you mean "reemed" and certainly not "reamed" :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    heiker wrote: »
    Stephen Pound came out second best in that encounter.

LOVED Stephen Pound's beer and bingo question, and good 'on his feet' response from Cameron. Miliband was just plain embarrassing today, head in hands cringeworthy...
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear Labour backbencher, please explain how your hoped-for energy price-freeze would work. Ta.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funky Phil wrote: »
    LOVED Stephen Pound's beer and bingo question, and good 'on his feet' response from Cameron. Miliband was just plain embarrassing today, head in hands cringeworthy...

And Cameron is probably right, Balls will be bad mouthing his boss the minute he gets out of the Chamber.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "People want an energy price freeze" says Labour woman.

Err.. you can have one. Just ring up your supplier.
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    The horrors of the NHS in Wales part 64.
  • chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    I think you mean "reemed" and certainly not "reamed" :o

Both are quite apt :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    "People want an energy price freeze" says Labour woman.

Err.. you can have one. Just ring up your supplier.

I sometimes think i'm the only person in this country not using a food bank and not unhappy with their fuel bill.
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rusty123 wrote: »
    What's wrong with Miliband?

Companies cutting prices because they're changing their business model, flogging off assets and making folk redundant has sod all to do with the nonsense legilative price freeze Ed talks about.

I can't understand where Ed thinks he's going with this, his asking Dave why he thinks lower prices are a good idea now compared to some time ago is a a total non sequitur. Being against legislation to force companies to lower their prices has absolutely nothing to do with companies lowering prices on their own volition.

I'm watching it on catch-up, hence the delay.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes think i'm the only person in this country not using a food bank and not unhappy with their fuel bill.

"You are so out of touch!"

May gas bill is down 25% this winter thanks to the mild weather. My electric bill is also down as I have taken responsibility to be more energy efficient. I don't need the government fixing my bills.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    All credit to Cameron he really was well briefed and well rehearsed for today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Staunchy wrote: »
    I can't understand where Ed thinks he's going with this, his asking Dave why he thinks lower prices are a good idea now compared to some time ago is a a total non sequitur. Being against legislation to force companies to lower their prices has absolutely nothing to do with companies lowering prices on their own volition.

I'm watching it on catch-up, hence the delay.

Because Ed is clueless, that is obvious.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    "You are so out of touch!"

this is now how we define out of touch with real people.

not on benefits.
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,128
    Forum Member
    I think Ed's done very well myself.
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    And Cameron is probably right, Balls will be bad mouthing his boss the minute he gets out of the Chamber.

Was it Churchill who said: "the opposition's in front of you, your enemies are behind you."
  • rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who for? The tories?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Winnick pleads for the pensioners and Cameron reminds him about the measly 75p that they were given under Labour.
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Understandably, real anger from Cameron there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the Tory fight back started last week. DC very well prepared and is hitting back in his response to pretty much every question by highlighting achievements of the government. Second week now he's been punchy in PMQs and EM has flapped.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funky Phil wrote: »
    Was it Churchill who said: "the opposition's in front of you, your enemies are behind you."

Indeed.

Balls has probably never forgiven Miliband for appointing Johnson as Shadow Chancellor in the first place.
    Forum Member

You did Ed, you did! Not so sure about the other Ed, but they do say two Ed's etc...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exceedingly well, in making himself look not fit for purpose. Doing well for the Tories though.