Housemates who came across better in their interview

alienghostalienghost Posts: 1,492
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sometimes you find that housemates come across better in their interview than they did when they were in the house. This year I think most of the housemates came across exactly as they had done in the house. I thought Noirin was the only one to come across worse. She seemed extremely selfish. However, to be fair to her, a few people who've seen her since she left the show have said how nice she was to them.

I think a few housemates this year did come across better in their interviews though:

Sophia. She argued so much in the house, but in her interview she seemed very friendly, fun and bubbly. Sort of like she seemed in her VT. Of course on BBBM we saw her arguing again when Saffia came on. :D

Freddie: He was my favourite housemate this year, and I've always thought he was a nice guy, but I think we can all say he behaved strangely at times. However in his interview he just seemed lovely and quite down-to-earth in his own way.

Bea: I wouldn't neccessarily say she came across much better, but I did get the impression she geniunely didn't know how she had been acting.

Marcus: He just seemed to be in a better mood than he was most of the time on the show. I think he may have given the best interview, it highlighted what a great housemate he was.

Comments

• Robert RomarinRobert Romarin Posts: 11,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly...I've never really seen the point of comparing behaviour during a 5-10 minute interview with Davina (or whatever it is allowing for clips etc) with that during X weeks in the BBH.

Secondly...there's no attempt at consistency or fairness in the way the interviews are conducted so it would be unfair to make the comparison even if it were valid.
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the new format ruined the interviews ... we got to know very little of the housemates themselves, as most of the interview was given over to two guests.

I mean who cares what the likes of that woman who cleans other people's gaffs thinks anyway ?

The final 5, with just Davina, were much better.
  • CHARMER1CHARMER1 Posts: 9,026
    Forum Member
    I liked Kris in the house but I also think he came across very polite in his interview and even Davina said she liked him, also George Lamb said what a nice guy is was......shame that he got involved with Sophie because being with her stopped him from having a great time with the others in the house and ofcourse the label of being false because he is a "womaniser".
  • OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    All interviews (but especially the last couple) were INCREDIBLY short.
    Even someone that's only been in there 6 weeks has something worth saying. Blimey even Hira could have had a better interview, if they'd told her how little she'd been in the show they could have spend a couple of minutes showing all the bits she was in.

Each year they mess it up, there is no reason they can't spend an extra 5 minutes interviewing the winner. They ALWAYS rush them just so we can see their best bits. We've been watching for 90 odd days! You can add an extra half an hour on the last show of the series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ultimate better-interview-than-expected was the likeable, modest, apologetic interview by Sezer. None of the final night interviews this year were particularly good, though Rodrigo was sweet. Charlie literally couldn't shut up, David was sweet but kind of blundered through, Siavash was almost too uncomfotable to speak and Sophie's repeated "I thought it would be charlie! It thought it would be Charlie!" was a bit irritating really.