Survivor 2010: New Who Episodes Round Nine

Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,427
Forum Member
Thanks to everyone who voted in Round Eight :)

We've got a tie at the top this time around with one story from Season Two and one of the Specials both being nominated by 38.46% of you. It's so long, farewell to New Earth and The Next Doctor.

Verence therefore becomes the first person to lose a point in both Prediction games as he picked The Next Doctor in both games..... :(

To recap: (last years's placings in brackets{})

{41} 47) Rise Of The Cybermen
{42=} 48) Age Of Steel
{40} 49) Voyage Of The Damned
{52} 50) World War III

{42=} 51) The Doctor's Daughter
{53} 52) Aliens Of London
{51} 53) Daleks In Manhattan
{50} 54) Evolution Of The Daleks
{NE} 55=) Planet of The Dead
{47} 55=) The Long Game
{45=} 57) The Lazarus Experiment
{54=} 58) Love And Monsters
{54=} 59=) Fear Her
{49} 59=) The Idiot's Lantern

Well done to:-

+ kazzabeee
+ Miss_Qwerty
+ PeteIsGod
+ smile371

who all nominated both of the evicted episodes.

As with the last round, all you need to do is cast your eye over the episodes listed below then post your three least favourites ones on this thread or send them to me on PM. The two with the most votes will be evicted at the end of the round.

You can, if you wish, also put your votes on "auto". This means that any episodes you've voted for that haven't been evicted are carried forward into the next round. It is, however, your responsibility to check whether you need to add any episodes to make sure you've voted for the required number of episodes.

Round Nine Question:

This was the Top Five last time the Survivor was run:-

01) The Family Of Blood
02) Blink
03) The Empty Child
04) The Doctor Dances
05) Midnight

Bubbling under.....

06) Human Nature
07) Turn Left
08) The Stolen Earth
09) Utopia
10) Forest Of The Dead

How many of the stories above do you think will end up in the Top Five this time?

If you think there will be any different episodes in the Top Five what do you think they will be?

So, it's on with the game then. Time to pick your three least favourite episodes from:-

Season One

01) Rose
02) The End Of The World
03) The Unquiet Dead
04) Dalek
05) Father's Day
06) The Empty Child
07) The Doctor Dances
08) Boom Town
09) Bad Wolf
10) The Parting Of The Ways

Season Two

11) Tooth & Claw
12) School Reunion
13) The Girl In The Fireplace
14) The Impossible Planet
15) The Satan Pit
16) Army Of Ghosts
17) Doomsday

Season Three

18) Smith & Jones
19) The Shakespeare Code
20) Gridlock
21) 42
22) Human Nature
23) The Family Of Blood
24) Blink
25) Utopia
26) The Sound Of Drums
27) Last Of The Timelords

Season Four

28) Partners In Crime
29) The Fires Of Pompeii
30) Planet Of The Ood
31) The Sontaran Stratagem
32) The Poison Sky
33) The Unicorn & The Wasp
34) Silence In The Library
35) Forest Of The Dead
36) Midnight
37) Turn Left
38) The Stolen Earth
39) Journey's End

Specials

40) The Christmas Invasion
41) The Runaway Bride
42) The Waters Of Mars
43) The End Of Time (episode 1)
44) The End Of Time (episode 2)

The deadline for voting in this round is 8pm on Saturday 30th January

Comments

• Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised anyone would pick TND in the prediction game, I mean it's always been kind of unpopular on here, so was always liable to be picked off early on. Unfairly so imho, as it's quite a decent episode overall imho. I wish it had stuck around a few more rounds.

Anyway, old votes:

Smith and Jones
    The End of the World

New vote:

The Girl In The Fireplace - beautiful to look at but poor characterisation to put it mildly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Auto for me please RK :)
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    12) School Reunion
    20) Gridlock
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    auto for me RK
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Runaway Bride
    Partners In Crime
    Journey's End
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    01) Rose
    44) The End Of Time (episode 2)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Auto again here...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Tooth and Claw
    The Satan Pit
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leftovers:
    The End of the World

New Votes:
    Gridlock
  • syramusyramu Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

15) The Satan Pit
    21) 42

I think 4 of the top 5 episodes will still be there, and that either Empty Child or The Doctor Dances will be edged out by Turn Left or Human Nature.

I have great affection for The Next Doctor. That Cyberking just makes me giggle! Awesome use of color in that episode, too.

As for New Earth... I watched it in the marathon and was really bothered that the solution to heal all those people came through just touching them. The Cassandra thing about needing to be told she was beautiful was... weird. I can't argue with that episode leaving, I guess. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Runaway Bride
    The End of the World

As for any of the bottom 5 going up, I'm not sure they will. If anything was going to make it into the top 5, their might well be a new entry for Waters of Mars, I reckon.
    And I'm really interested to see where the 2nd part of The End of Time ends up, as I really liked it, but I sense many others don't and might let part 1 (weaker) shadow it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I'm really interested to see where the 2nd part of The End of Time ends up, as I really liked it, but I sense many others don't and might let part 1 (weaker) shadow it.

I think part 1 has been picking up a lot more votes than 2 to date, tbh.
  • WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    20) Gridlock

21) 42

41) The Runaway Bride
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    01) Rose
    30) Planet Of The Ood
    40) The Christmas Invasion
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Dalek
    The Sound of Drums
    Last of the Timelords
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Verence therefore becomes the first person to lose a point in both Prediction games as he picked The Next Doctor in both games..... :(

Hooray for me!!! ;)

08) Boom Town
    13) The Girl In The Fireplace
    21) 42
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I'm surprised anyone would pick TND in the prediction game, I mean it's always been kind of unpopular on here, so was always liable to be picked off early on. Unfairly so imho, as it's quite a decent episode overall imho. I wish it had stuck around a few more rounds.

To be honest I think I only chose TND in both games to make up the numbers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    I love The Next Doctor, it's gone too soon for my taste :cry: It's funny, it's touching and most of all, it has a steampunk Macross-like Cyberman :p

Anyway, it's a full auto for me, Rita, please.
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boom Town
    Tooth and Claw
  • Miss_QwertyMiss_Qwerty Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Thankgoodness, i've been trying to get rid of The Next Doctor since Round 1!

I can't actually remember what my 3rd choice was last round, so will pick afresh....

Tooth and Claw
    Gridlock

Thank Rita
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't been around for this game, so I hope I can still join in:o

My three choices will be out of those that are left...

Forest of the dead...the only story other than Dalek Two parter (and Tallullah being the main reason) to ever annoy me while watching it. For example me being ahead of the Doctor in terms of working out what "Saved" meant, and the books were the forest. It almost feel like a panto moment, where the Doctor says "no it isn't" and me saying "yes it is". Also, I don't like that the fact that in order to have another "everybody lives" moment, it really doesn't get across what Moff was probably hoping. And River Song being happy stuck in a virtual world/heaven with kids??? Seemed to cheapen the strong and adventurous character that she was being made out at the beginning. There are many poistives though...the acting of all is impressive!!

42...there isn't really anything I hate about this story, I quite admire it for a number of things, like the short space/time it was not only made, but I love the real time feel to it as well. Again Martha and the Doctor are on top form. And the music less scene with Martha in the space pod heading towards the sun and the Doctor calling out to her, is a brilliant scene. However the negative points are that the supporting cast isn't that enduring, definitely don't feel much for Cpt. And the other reason for the vote is I prefer the remaining stories to it.

End of the World...I do enjoy it, and have watched countless times. I still remember getting goosebumps at that scene where the ninth Doctor gets past the turbo thing. However its a case of choosing this or the other stories....and I love the rest more than this one....

As for the question...well I think Blink will probably remain in the top five, maybe again be very close to getting number one again. But I hope Midnight moves up, and Waters of Mars is there too. Personally I'd put End of Time Part 2 in the Top Ten, but I know many don't like it, so it won't go there. But hey, I'm happy being in the minority, I've got used to it with my love for Love and Monsters!!!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts of the question:

I don't feel the top 10 will be that different, perhaps Waters of Mars might make it in at the expense of Forest of the Dead ( I sense that the most recent SM two parter has paled a bit in opinion since last year from comments on here). Now in terms of the top 5, I think only two episodes from last years top 5 are nailed on certs to be in the top 5 again: The Empty Child (cause pretty much everyone likes it) and The Family of Blood (ditto). The other three places are somewhat up for grabs though, because iirc it was pretty close between the top 8 or 9 episodes last time. I wouldn't be surprised if Blink, Midnight and The Doctor Dances all fell out of the top 5 actually. Blink almost got eliminated over Turn Left one round, and the reason it survived was due in part to self-confessed tactical voting, which has since been disallowed, so it wouldn't surprise me if Turn Left made the top 5 now. Human Nature has a good shot at making it in the top 5 to I think.

If I had to guess a final 5, I'd go with: The Empty Child, The Family of Blood, Turn Left, Human Nature, Midnight.

Probably wrong though!:p
  • Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    02) The End Of The World
    16) Army Of Ghosts
    20) Gridlock

Thanks RK
  • Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding the question...

I think The Family of Blood, Blink, The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances will still be in the top 5, along with The Waters of Mars

I think we could lose Forest of the Dead, Midnight and Turn Left in the top ten because these seem to be very split in terms of fans. You love 'em or hate 'em.

New entrys? Maybe one of the other episode finales, Nines two part finale was very good along with Doomsday...in my book.

But for the top 5. I see Forest of the Dead losing out to The Waters of Mars. That's the only change.
  • kazzabeeekazzabeee Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My three least favourite this time round are:

21) 42
    31) The Sontaran Stratagem
    32) The Poison Sky

As for this round's question, I'm rather hoping that Turn Left is in the top 5 with The Doctor Dances dropping to the lower half of the top 10. But it's anyone's game at the moment.

Regards
    Karen