Options

Celebrity Masterchef 2010

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
starts week beginning 19th July, so i'll put my money on it being Wednesday 21st of July or Thursday 22nd.

No idea on lineup though ..

Comments

• Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starts week beginning 19th July, so i'll put my money on it being Wednesday 21st of July or Thursday 22nd.

No idea on lineup though ..

YAY The Toad & Shrek return:D
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    The line up, or at least some of it

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a226828/danielle-lloyd-attempts-masterchef.html

Some are disappointing, but I'll confess to being over excited about Richard Farleigh and I had a huge old crush on him during his stint on Dragon's Den :o
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for starting the thread. A regrettable practice has grown up of late of posting info about programmes such as this on a Great British Menu thread.

Dreadful set of "celebrities", most of them recycled from other reality TV shows. Richard Farleigh is a dish, though. Unfairly booted from Dragon's Den.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    Thanks for starting the thread. A regrettable practice has grown up of late of posting info about programmes such as this on a Great British Menu thread.

Dreadful set of "celebrities", most of them recycled from other reality TV shows. Richard Farleigh is a dish, though. Unfairly booted from Dragon's Den.

But having the "knocked up" Danielle Lloyd would be seen by some as a H&S issue surely
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting partial lineup. Can't really imagine Danielle Lloyd being much of a cook.

Think Nihal might surprise a few people though ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Think Nihal might surprise a few people though ..

A bit like Hardeep Singh Kholi did
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oulandy wrote: »

I've boycotted DD ever since :o
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've boycotted DD ever since :o

Don't blame you. He was the star of that panel and the only one with charm or even good manners. It hasn't improved from his absence and in any case, it is a bit repetitive after a while, like all these formulaic shows. You're not missing much.

I might just watch Celebrity Masterchef because he is on it but none of the rest would cause me to want to tune in if I wasn't otherwise interested in the cookery aspect. How many times can you want to see the same old faces and names going from programme to programme?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got next week's TV Guide and the 1st episode is definitely on Wednesday the 21st at 8pm ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got next week's TV Guide and the 1st episode is definitely on Wednesday the 21st at 8pm ..

Thanks Jason :); the full list of contestants is: Tricia Penrose, Alex Fletcher, Neil Stuke, Lisa Faulkner, Chris Walker, Marcus Patrick, Mark Little, Jennie Bond, Dick Strawbridge, Jenny Powell, Martin Roberts; Christine Hamilton, Dean Macey, Colin Jackson, Tessa Sanderson, Nihal Arthanayake, Mark Chapman; Kym Mazelle, Richard Farleigh and *groan* Danielle Lloyd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i officially want kym mazelle to win now .. she's bonkers :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yay, the show I love to hate is back next week, albeit in my least favourite format, but as I have been getting withdrawal symptoms from a lack of scallop cooking on tv this will just have to do :D
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Anyone know when the professionals is back on?
    I'm gonna miss next weeks as on hols but hoping Gemo does her legendary updates so I can catch up. :)
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member

Yep its also on Thursday 22nd @ 8 and the Friday episode airs at 8.30pm
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the professionals is back on?
    I'm gonna miss next weeks as on hols but hoping Gemo does her legendary updates so I can catch up. :)

Around october I think:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You know Peter Griffin Sourface & Jay Beardo will be involved
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it!!! been mixing my Masterchef fix :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a good (and funny) article in the Independent, by Deborah Ross, and Meemalee what posts on here has done a series of blog posts about Masterchef, which are really funny.

Both have made me absolutely determined not to be persuaded into applying to go on the show! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent looking forward to this
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know Peter Griffin Sourface & Jay Beardo will be involved

I LOVE Jay Beardo.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chumbles wrote: »
    Thanks Jason :); the full list of contestants is: Tricia Penrose, Alex Fletcher, Neil Stuke, Lisa Faulkner, Chris Walker, Marcus Patrick, Mark Little, Jennie Bond, Dick Strawbridge, Jenny Powell, Martin Roberts; Christine Hamilton, Dean Macey, Colin Jackson, Tessa Sanderson, Nihal Arthanayake, Mark Chapman; Kym Mazelle, Richard Farleigh and *groan* Danielle Lloyd.

Ohhh, I do like him (I'm presuming we're talking Radio DJ and not man who shot John Lennon :eek: )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking foward to this, always enjoy it :)
    But needed to google over half the competitors! :o The only ones I knew were Jennie Bond, Christine hamilton, Danielle Lloyd and the athletes lol :D
    I did, however, recognise the two Marks, Nihil, Richard and Kym when I saw their pics so maybe I'm not completely detactched from modern culture tehe :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's a good (and funny) article in the Independent, by Deborah Ross, and Meemalee what posts on here has done a series of blog posts about Masterchef, which are really funny.

Both have made me absolutely determined not to be persuaded into applying to go on the show! :)

Thanks for that article, probably should have read it in the office as it had me in hysterics - but you so should have a go, come on, you know you'd have a big old cheerleading chorus on DS, I'd even wave my pom poms for you ;):D

*Squeeeeee* it's back tomorrow night (hoping Mark Chapman, Richard Farleigh and Mark Little go far - okay, I confess, I had a slight crush on Joe Mangle back in the day :o )
  • Options
    samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is it my imagination or is that a smaller list of celebrities than in previous years, and with 5 celebrities per show, is it also going to be the shortest series?:confused:
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Could be funny having Jennie Bond there as she presents Great British Menu :D
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ll do a write up of it from a recording if people want it.

They’re showing it at a time when I normally have dinner and my other half gets pee’d off when I move meal times for TV programmes.

Also – when I do it live there is usually a barage of people asking me why I’m doing it.

With iPlayer becoming more widely available people probably don’t need a write up.
This discussion has been closed.