An Idiot Abroad - The Short Way Round - Season 3

HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sky 1 HD

30 November 2012 at 9:00pm

Karl Pilkington and Warwick Davis go travelling together.

Love Karl Pilkington, love Idiot Abroad. :D

Didn't like Warwick in Life's Too Short but I think him and Karl together in this is going to be great. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Sky 1 HD

30 November 2012 at 9:00pm

Karl Pilkington and Warwick Davis go travelling together.

Love Karl Pilkington, love Idiot Abroad. :D

Didn't like Warwick in Life's Too Short but I think him and Karl together in this is going to be great. :)

I can't wait either:D

Love Karl:D

How many episodes are there?

Has anyone ever listened to all the old xfm shows? Brilliant stuff.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHANK0055 wrote: »
    I can't wait either:D

Love Karl:D

How many episodes are there?

Has anyone ever listened to all the old xfm shows? Brilliant stuff.

That's when I first got to know Karl through the xfm radio shows and people still don't believe he is actually like that. :D

I often listen to them on podcasts and on Youtube, have me laughing out loud. :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The trailers didn;t look too good. Looking too forced now especially with Davies involved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    That's when I first got to know Karl through the xfm radio shows and people still don't believe he is actually like that. :D

I often listen to them on podcasts and on Youtube, have me laughing out loud. :D

Yeah they're brilliant:D:D:D

For anyone who hasn't heard them they can all be found over on pilkipedia.

Hours and hours of early Karl:)
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The trailers didn;t look too good. Looking too forced now especially with Davies involved.

Has a show ever got past a 3rd series without someone on DS claiming it's past it before it's even aired? :D The trailer only shows a few unexplained reactions to footage not in it, it's just to show us he's still moaning, the bit that isn't just a soundbite montage, Karl changing his mind about having a mate instead of a cat having actually experienced it is hilarious. If the interviews are anything to go by it's going to be the best yet. Lorna Cooper says it is.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,777
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to this on Friday but as it clashes with the semi final of I'm A Celeb then I'll have to Sky + it

Yesterday afternoon I watched the final Extras show from a year years back, have to say I thought that was Ricky's finest work, it was so well written, acted and the comedy was fantastic. I'd completely forgotten about Darren, Barry & Robbie working at the Carphone Warehouse - genuine laugh out loud moments:)

I think Karl & Warwick will be a good pairing, Ricky was on Steve Wright's show on Friday talking about it and he does make it sound unmissable
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this on Friday but as it clashes with the semi final of I'm A Celeb then I'll have to Sky + it

Yesterday afternoon I watched the final Extras show from a year years back, have to say I thought that was Ricky's finest work, it was so well written, acted and the comedy was fantastic. I'd completely forgotten about Darren, Barry & Robbie working at the Carphone Warehouse - genuine laugh out loud moments:)

I think Karl & Warwick will be a good pairing, Ricky was on Steve Wright's show on Friday talking about it and he does make it sound unmissable

Can't wait. :D

Also can't wait for 1st series of Derek, I absolutely loved the one off and found it quite moving. Ricky said it's the work he is most proud of so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So excited for this, love Karl and from the few clips i have seen Warricks and him work well together.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope it is as good as the trailer suggests I always thought Ricky said after series 2 it was finished.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I love this show, but I hate that Ricky Gervais clings on to him, this show could be just as good without him getting a slice of the money
  • zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karl was on Steve Wright's Radio 2 show today and said there's only 3 episodes of Series 3.
  • Ghost MisguidedGhost Misguided Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 episodes? surely can't be right.

can't wait for this tonight, just know it's going to be awesome
  • zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I thought but when he said there was only 3, it stood out. Mind you, how many big series start and finish after Christmas. It's normally end by Christmas or start in the New Year.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Karl was on Steve Wright's Radio 2 show today and said there's only 3 episodes of Series 3.
    3 episodes? surely can't be right.

can't wait for this tonight, just know it's going to be awesome
    That's what I thought but when he said there was only 3, it stood out. Mind you, how many big series start and finish after Christmas. It's normally end by Christmas or start in the New Year.

It was originally meant to be two but they had enough material for three so extended it an episode. They're recreating Marco Polo's journey from Italy to China through India. So presumably tonight will be Italy, next week India, third week China. There's no look back this year I don't think (probably because Steven's not involved and Warwick was there with him).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hehe "it's like going on holiday with your girlfriend for the first time":D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some great Karl lines so far, sat watching it on the laptop with Sky Player, its made me laugh a few times already, that little hat did make me laugh like Karl!
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "it's like a horrible Come Dine With Me":D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "He's got a little judges wig" "A Small Adam Ant!:D
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    I love this show, but I hate that Ricky Gervais clings on to him, this show could be just as good without him getting a slice of the money
    Without Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant Karl Pilkington wouldn't have got any of the attention and TV time he gets. Gervais produces the show and provides ideas. Without his input there would be no show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not seen this before, am finding it hilarious
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my god that was genius!
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "At least I gave it a go"