Excerpts from Fergie's Book

167891012»

Comments

• kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    How does me asking if those mistakes are really in his book have anything to do with legal writs and apologising to Rooney, none of the mistakes even relate to Rooney :confused:
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    This will be due to legal writs am sure of this know he had to
    Rewrite stuff and apologise to Rooney and others

Yep, getting the club Jaap Stam was sold to wrong is because of legal stuff..
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    This will be due to legal writs am sure of this know he had to
    Rewrite stuff and apologise to Rooney and others

Jackanory. Again.

Although the irony of talking about things that need rewording and being rewritten......
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The list of 45 mistakes was compiled by Red Issue, the guy who sent the email to the publishers posts on there.

The email he got back actually says that there were already a lot of corrections made. Therefore we can assume that there were even more mistakes in it than actually made it to print.

Several people I know of (including one or two off here) who've read the book say it's really poorly put together and doesn't flow. That, allied to the number of errors, just goes to prove that it was a rush job in order to get it out in time for Christmas. Surely Hayward, as a respectable journalist, should have been doing some basic fact-checking, or got someone to do it for him?
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    The list of 45 mistakes was compiled by Red Issue, the guy who sent the email to the publishers posts on there.

The email he got back actually says that there were already a lot of corrections made. Therefore we can assume that there were even more mistakes in it than actually made it to print.

Several people I know of (including one or two off here) who've read the book say it's really poorly put together and doesn't flow. That, allied to the number of errors, just goes to prove that it was a rush job in order to get it out in time for Christmas. Surely Hayward, as a respectable journalist, should have been doing some basic fact-checking, or got someone to do it for him?

Thats the trouble with autobiographys most of them are bollox
    And tbf to sir Alex it probably wasn't down to him but the author
    Or who he told it to I have read 100s of autobiographys none new (library/charity shops) but it isn't really anything new