Options

your views on these t bags before i buy them

zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello has anyone tried these Tbags by TWININGS.. Lapsang souchong, and strong breakfast tea.. if you have please give me your honest opinions .. thanks..

Comments

• Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Lapsang souchong is a bit Marmite - you either love it or hate it. It's not like other teas at all - it has a strong smokey flavour. I can't stand it myself, but it's worth trying if you're looking for something a bit different!

I haven't tried Twining's strong breakfast tea. I'm a Yorkshire Tea girl myself, though I like a cup of Earl Grey occasionally too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    Lapsang souchong is a bit Marmite - you either love it or hate it. It's not like other teas at all - it has a strong smokey flavour. I can't stand it myself, but it's worth trying if you're looking for something a bit different!

I haven't tried Twining's strong breakfast tea. I'm a Yorkshire Tea girl myself, though I like a cup of Earl Grey occasionally too.

well i hate marmite, and bovril and smokey foods... so i pass now. wont waste my money.. thanks..
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    I had some Lapsang tea bags and the taste of the tea was horrific, tasted like it had charcoal in it.
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I had some Lapsang tea bags and the taste of the tea was horrific, tasted like it had charcoal in it.

Yes, it does have a weird charcoal flavour. Yuck. Some people love it though - my mum drinks buckets of the stuff!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how much are these t bags.. before i waste my money ..
  • Options
    WombatDeathWombatDeath Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how much are these t bags.. before i waste my money ..
    I'm curious about the circumstances you must be in, if you don't find out how much they're going to cost before you buy them. Are you at a tea auction?