X-Ray Cameras & 'Early' Eviction

2»

Comments

• CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shudder wrote:
    Oh wow that is a great Idea :D

I can see a housemate in a suit right now, one with rabbit ears I hope like a big romper suit :D

Dee ♀

Love your twist on the idea. They could all have suits that totally go against their personalities. Imagine the likes of Jason in a cuddly bunny suit, or Victor in a happy hippo suit - hilarious. :D
  • jimmya1jimmya1 Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They haven't even managed to get wide screen cameras over the last 5 years ,So X-ray cameras no chance
  • Jack McFarleneJack McFarlene Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Hmmmm I'm not sure about an eviction in the first 24 hours or so, because usually the lively ones are put out first i.e. Anouska in 2003, that went against them big time. I mean considering Cameron won it! for sobbing out loud.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    An eviction after 24 hours is useless unless there is someone who is obviously going to be boring through their time in the house- at least then we have chance to get rid early instead of waiting until the end, since they're the ones who always escape nomination...
  • DillholeMcGintyDillholeMcGinty Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    anna123 wrote:
    x ray cameras is rubbish!
    If someone is going to have sex in there i'd rather they didn't show it all.

Dont worry about it, theres no chance of british TV showing "it all"
  • DillholeMcGintyDillholeMcGinty Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Cornchips wrote:
    Love your twist on the idea. They could all have suits that totally go against their personalities. Imagine the likes of Jason in a cuddly bunny suit, or Victor in a happy hippo suit - hilarious. :D

this is a great idea, so you can guarantee that endemol wont be using it :p
  • shuddershudder Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darren from BB1 would have loved a chicken romper :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    X Rays! hahaha good fun. not gonna happen though, or if it is its a stupid idea!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ooor ooooooor and this is a long shot ooooor it could just be a faulse rumor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Xray cameras will not be used since they would represent a signicant cancer risk to HMs and production staff (Think how an alarm goes off and staff in several surrounding buildings clear the area when you get one at the dentist while you are left with this lead bib which covers very little given the way the immediate area clears) and they do not exist in an affordable real time form at present other than via the Warner Bros ACME subsidiary which only work for cartoon characters. Whether these products can be considered real time given the time it takes to draw the animation is a question left to the reader to explore.

BB already use infra red for night cameras since that is how such cameras work, but they could extend the cameras to a full infra red system providing "Minority Report" type pictures or those you might have seen in reports on our recent wars against nations of US choice. These systems are in use in over the counter night vision aids so are more likely to be within the budget for the cameras of the BB house ans represent no known risk to those subject to them (bullets, missiles, WMD and US military personnel actions excepted).

--
    dotnet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dotnet wrote:
    Xray cameras will not be used since they would represent a signicant cancer risk to HMs and production staff (Think how an alarm goes off and staff in several surrounding buildings clear the area when you get one at the dentist while you are left with this lead bib which covers very little given the way the immediate area clears) and they do not exist in an affordable real time form at present other than via the Warner Bros ACME subsidiary which only work for cartoon characters. Whether these products can be considered real time given the time it takes to draw the animation is a question left to the reader to explore.

BB already use infra red for night cameras since that is how such cameras work, but they could extend the cameras to a full infra red system providing "Minority Report" type pictures or those you might have seen in reports on our recent wars against nations of US choice. These systems are in use in over the counter night vision aids so are more likely to be within the budget for the cameras of the BB house ans represent no known risk to those subject to them (bullets, missiles, WMD and US military personnel actions excepted).

--
    dotnet.

i can't belive people didn't realise that ages ago lol and yet people are still going on about these cameras that arnt going to be there

i also can't belive the papers were thick enough to print it either very very clumsy

heat vision(i forget what its called) infared is it now that could happen
  • asjonesukasjonesuk Posts: 8,954
    Forum Member
    The name I believe you are looking for is "Thermal Imaging" as seen on Most Haunted Live recently.....

Turns the picture into a vivd colour image representing heat, with hot areas being identified as bright colours and cold areas being represented by darker colours.

All this speculation though, I cant see it happening, I don't know many of you have had time to see what an image looks like from a thermal imaging camera, but rest assured - it will do your head in very very very quickly....

Lets hope if they are using them, then we wont be talking about hours at a time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    I had heard about a type of camera that police and airport security were using (which wasn't thermal) to scan people for weapons- both quickly and on mass. When I read the article I assumed it was the same technology and so I googled it.

It seems that although it is widely known as "xray" (because it can see through solid surfaces) it is actually a variation of the Infrared (IR) technology already used in the house - which is not dangerous at all. It apparently works by being sensitive to higher IR wave lengths than normal IR filters.

It is apparently capable of seeing through clothes (and therefore bed covers) even in daylight!

So it seems whether or not this years housemates are exhibitionists - Big Brother will see them naked!

http://www.xrayfilters.net/faq.html
    - the only samples of this technology in use seem to be of an adult nature
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X ray cameras wont they see through any covers AND the skin of any fumbling, so all we will see is two, or maybe more if we're lucky, skeletons?

As for viewer control, am I the only one thinking MORE premium rate phone lines and texts or am I getting cynical all ready? (heck BB has usually started before I get this bad)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    the x-ray idea has had me in stitches, the thought of watching skeletons in obscene possitions, and then the next day seeing the people involved denying anything...very funny