Awww!

Pics when they're settled in please! :D
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's lovely news. Two lucky puss cats in a nice home :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    They're so gorgeous - I can't wait until they're settled in and I can have a cuddle! I will of course post pictures.

We're making progress on names. Tabby had an incident yesterday as he went to hide in the bathroom and nearly fell in the toilet. My heart stopped as I thought he was going to fall in and hurt himself. So for that reason he is known as Elvis.
  • dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My loo seat is now permanently down for that exact reason! :D
  • SadiecatSadiecat Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to seeing pictures
    Forum Member
    I hope to take and upload pics soon! Bronx and Elvis are doing really well. They are both eating, drinking and usingtheir litter trays lots! They both came out from their hiding places last night. My boyfriend and I were soo thrilled. Elvis didn't let us touch him but he had a good sniff before creeping back under the sofa. Bronx played with us and his toys and gave us both kisses for 10 minutes before going back to his buddy under the sofa. I think we are seeing great progress and cannot wait to get home from work to continue the fun!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep us updated hurley - as you may have seen from my millions of threads (!) I have recently adopted two cats and been struggling with just about everything :D so it will be great to keep up with your progress. good luck with everything :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    It's so refreshing to read a positive post regarding this subject! You sound like you'll be good parents.

I'd advise you to have a look at Cats Protection or any animal sanctuary in your local area.
    My sister volunteers at Shropshire Cat Sanctuary and they have so many unwanted cats and kittens, it's heartbreaking.

Please don't find a cat from Gumtree, I am horrified at what goes on with their advertising site 'Would lke to swap this dog for a mountain bike.' Heartbreaking!!

There are so many unwanted cats and kittens in sanctuaries that there is no need to see a private seller who breeds their poor babies to make money.
    Forum Member
    It's so refreshing to read a positive post regarding this subject! You sound like you'll be good parents.

I'd advise you to have a look at Cats Protection or any animal sanctuary in your local area.
    My sister volunteers at Shropshire Cat Sanctuary and they have so many unwanted cats and kittens, it's heartbreaking.

Please don't find a cat from Gumtree, I am horrified at what goes on with their advertising site 'Would lke to swap this dog for a mountain bike.' Heartbreaking!!

There are so many unwanted cats and kittens in sanctuaries that there is no need to see a private seller who breeds their poor babies to make money.

I didn't use Gumtree - this thread helped open my eyes to how awful the sellers on there are. I didn't want any part in it - especially when I saw the beautiful cats in local rescue centres. I adopted from Celia Hammond and encourage anyone feeling cat broody to check CH out!
    Forum Member
    A friend of mine bought a kitten that was advertised on Gumtree last night. He was reluctant to tell me where he saw the advert as he knows my feelings towards the website.

The person who put in the advert was quite arsey with my friend when he rang up and then said 'If you want it, come and get it now because I'm going on holiday and will just leave it here.'

My friend went to the house to pick up the kitten and was shocked at how small it was. The poor kitten was so small it fit in the guys hand!

My friend asked where he'd got the kitten from and asked to look at it's Mother.

The guy said he'd had the kitten from a friend for his daughter but now she coulnd't make up her mind if she wanted a dog or a cat.

My friend was quite shocked at the guys lack of caring for the kitten and asked if it was feeding yet as it seemed too young to be away from its Mum.

The guy pulled out a can of adult cat food and showed my friend that it was eating. He also said that she would cry when she wanted to use the toilet and that he would just put her outside!! In this horrid snow we're having!!

Anyway, my friend has taken the kitten and it taking it to the vets this morning for a check up.

I'm glad he got her as her living conditions were appalling in her previous home and I do believe they would have just dumped her eventually.

I HATE Gumtree and really wish they'd remove their advertising of animals.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is though that that kitten has now got a decent, caring home. Without the gumtree ad its pretty clear the kitten would have been dumped and may never have got a chance.:(
    Gumtree should stop commercial sales of kittens bred for profit, but the "free to a good home" ones still have a place whilst we still have more cats than people able to care for them.
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    The thing is though that that kitten has now got a decent, caring home. Without the gumtree ad its pretty clear the kitten would have been dumped and may never have got a chance.:(
    Gumtree should stop commercial sales of kittens bred for profit, but the "free to a good home" ones still have a place whilst we still have more cats than people able to care for them.

I agree, and that's why I said to him last night 'Although I hate Gumtree, I'm glad you used it yesterday as this poor kitten would still be with them now.'
    It just breaks my heart. Gumtree need to really look at what's being advertised on there though; dogs and cats swapped for mobile phones and don;t get me started on the illegal cross breeds that are sold for bate in dog fights.

I think it should be used for 'Free to good home' or for Sanctuary/Animal Homes to advertise the poor babies that have been dumped or rescued.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a spoiled little brat that girl is. Treating a kitten like it's the new doll or something. Disgusting behaviour from her father too. People like that shouldn't have pets. Thank god your friend was there to take the poor little thing out of their house asap.
    Forum Member
    That makes my blood boil. People disgust me. :( as mentioned, thank God your kind hearted friend rescued the kitty and will give it the home it deserves.
    Forum Member
    Update on the kitten:

She's six weeks old and is a healthy little thing. She's very confident and is getting on great with his other kitten, Ruby.

I know she'll have a wonderful life with my friend and I'm so glad he rescued her from that horrible home!!

He took in a stray last year, an adult cat who just wouldnt stop crying outside his front door. Sadly, just before Christmas, he had to have the cat put down as he found out it had cancer and was really poorly. He thinks the cat's previous owners had probably found out he was ill and couldnt afford the vet bills so just dumped him.

It really upset my friend but I know it's last few months of it's life were spent with my friend and he was really loved and well looked after.

I just can't understand how some people can dump animals!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A happy end -- or indeed new beginning -- to a truly upsetting story. So glad the kitten's found a good home.