Options

Marble/Moon Cake

CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone where you can buy it? It's sometimes known as Moon Cake when it's half a slice/circle but all I can find is the lemon iced ones. I bought some from Lidl yesterday for £1.49 and it was a full one and it's really nice but I can't go to Lidl that often cos it's too far to walk and just wondered if anyone knows any other shops that sell it. I've looked in the big supermarkets and can't find any there. :(

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somerfield, Tesco near me both sell it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,160
    Forum Member
    I would be very weary of buying half moon cakes when I worked in a shop they often used to come in with either dead mice in the boxes of if we where really lucky LIVE ones, just thought I dont want to be done for liabel PM me if you want to know the brand.
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    i love marble cake. tescos sell it, but i notice they are often sold out. then i have madeira cake instead. no icing though.
  • Options
    deadbeat herodeadbeat hero Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harleybobs wrote: »
    I would be very weary of buying half moon cakes when I worked in a shop they often used to come in with either dead mice in the boxes of if we where really lucky LIVE ones, just thought I dont want to be done for liabel PM me if you want to know the brand.

now that really isn't what I wanted to read. :D

Mooncakes are now officially OFF my shopping list !