Options

How are they going to get out of Gamugate if she gets a visa?

Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OK, just speculating that the home office let her stay due to public pressure, what happens then? I see XF as being in a lose-lose situation.

If she doesn't get back into the competition there will be a backlash against the show, SC and CC in particular. I predict another RATM upset this year anyway as people saw it was possible to stick one on SC last year it might work again.

If she does get back into the show, how could they achieve this with the wildcard being TreyC? The other danger is that the GBP will probably take her to the finals and she might even win it.

I think CC could be in danger of taking the most of any fallout. The producers are already shrugging their shoulder saying that she chose the acts, and she's apparently blaming Will I Am for influencing her choices. Is Cheryl's meteoric rise to sainthood in danger of an equally meteroic waning?

Interesting times ahead.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stewie_C wrote: »
    OK, just speculating that the home office let her stay due to public pressure, what happens then? I see XF as being in a lose-lose situation.

If she doesn't get back into the competition there will be a backlash against the show, SC and CC in particular. I predict another RATM upset this year anyway as people saw it was possible to stick one on SC last year it might work again.

If she does get back into the show, how could they achieve this with the wildcard being TreyC? The other danger is that the GBP will probably take her to the finals and she might even win it.

I think CC could be in danger of taking the most of any fallout. The producers are already shrugging their shoulder saying that she chose the acts, and she's apparently blaming Will I Am for influencing her choices. Is Cheryl's meteoric rise to sainthood in danger of an equally meteroic waning?

Interesting times ahead.

Why should there have to be? Gamu is not, and will not be in the final 12. End Of. :sleep:
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing happens.

Her visa mum's application lost her a place in the final 12. Tough luck. Shit happens, try again next year.
  • Options
    JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stewie_C wrote: »

Interesting times ahead.

She was not good enough to make the top three the rest was hype.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    these Gamu threads are getting very tedious now not everyone liked her and some actually agreed with Cheryls choices but are too scared to voice there opinion on here and some users would also like to discuss the other contestants as they are the ones who made the final 12

waits for the expected abuse
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basil3 wrote: »
    these Gamu threads are getting very tedious now not everyone liked her and some actually agreed with Cheryls choices but are too scared to voice there opinion on here and some users would also like to discuss the other contestants as they are the ones who made the final 12

Gamu was average and not easy on the eye either in looks or performance with dancing eyes. Good gospel choir singer though. I was elated that Cheryl picked my three favourites who are far superior to gamu.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jaggedcat wrote: »
    Gamu was average and not easy on the eye either in looks or performance with dancing eyes. Good gospel choir singer though. I was elated that Cheryl picked my three favourites who are far superior to gamu.

im so glad not everyone feels the need to be a follower
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes no difference if she gets her visa sorted.

Given that she is only 18 she can easily re-apply next year and pretty much book her place in the Final.

You can't re-write history.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

Well they could always start a thread talking about what they want to. And others could join in with them. For whatever reason there is a lot of interest in Gamu and people want to express their opinion. There is not actually a requirement to read them so they can be ignored if you are not interested. Just a thought. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i think it would make the show more of a farce if the producers give in to the mob mentality that is being used to get a contestant back that didnt make the grade
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im so glad not everyone feels the need to be a follower

it is good to see the elephant in the room reminds you that you are your own person! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I loved Gamu and thought she deserved a place in the top 12, but we don't always get what we want. Whoever Cheryl had chosen, some people would be unhappy.

I didnt like ALL the other judges choices either. I think the difference between that and Cheryl's group, is that Cher and Katie both mucked up big time at JH, Katie hadnt exactly covered herself in glory before that. A lot of the other girls, Gamu included but certainly not exclusively, acquitted themselves well during all stages of the competition - I think THAT'S why in this case so many people are so annoyed by it. Gamu has, for some reason, just happened to become the focus of this - probably because she does have the whole back story going on.

I'm quite happy with the top 12 overall - I don't like Cher, but can perhaps live with that choice better than I can the choice of Katie, because Cher at least showed us SOMETHING in the earlier rounds, even if it wasnt my cup of tea - and she was poorly at JH rather than playing to the sympathy vote. Katie, to me, was OBVIOUSLY acting.

I'm sorry but it IS a bit of a travesty that she is in there at the expense of someone who actually worked for it and put the effort in. Gamu if you like, but just as easily Kerry, Anastacia, TreyC...take your pick.

An error in judgment was made. But as I said in a different thread, its down to the voters now. Katie will have to perform well, and be liked by enough people to stay in the competition long term, as will Cher. As will ALL the top 12/3/16 whatever we end up with.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    Simple

She hasn't got the X Factor - Cheryl believes the 3 she has chosen do.

GamWho? - dull with a nice voice
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing will happen. The show has to go on without Gamu and anyone else who didn't get picked. Yes I think Cheryl was unfair but it's done and you can't change the past.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She won't get a visa in time even if she gets one. Gordon Brown is no longer Prime Minister. Remember him, the one that didn't like meeting working class bigots, couldn't sign an EU Treaty in public and left us with the worst debt ever in our island history but was strangely able to phone up Susan Boyle, Simon Cowell and other reality stars at a nanosecond's notice and help them with their 'problems'?

This story will be gone this time next week when everyone is instead talking about next week's controversy - the wildcard that got through, the favourite that failed to perform well, the also ran that suddenly sprinted to the front. It's a different story every week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Nothing happens.

Her visa mum's application lost her a place in the final 12. Tough luck. Shit happens, try again next year.

:cry::)