EE - What are your first impressions of the baby swap/cot death storyline?

teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
Forum Member
OPTION 1: I feel that it is tasteless and/or sensationalist and a step too far for EastEnders

OPTION 2: I feel that it is an acceptable story to broadcast and have faith that the EastEnders team will handle it well

OPTION 3: I am currently undecided and will make up my mind once the story has transmitted, but I am more inclined towards option 1

OPTION 4: I am currently undecided and will make up my mind once the story has transmitted, but I am more inclined towards option 2

What are your first impressions of the baby swap/cot death storyline? 101 votes

OPTION 1
15%
PlantJuls_Hpuppetangelisis333katyb0408[Deleted User]Joy Dean[Deleted User]Yoshi Fan[Deleted User]Jo09teenagemartyr[Deleted User][Deleted User]hetty100catchphrase 16 votes
OPTION 2
48%
V1Chris21SteveOwenRodriguezMan267cobis[Deleted User]KaliMistalias aliasSuperSoaperMarieH[Deleted User][Deleted User]blowflylauraSparklyblue171[Deleted User]SillyBillyGoat[Deleted User]Takeachancexemmerdalelover[Deleted User]Abaca 49 votes
OPTION 3
16%
[Deleted User][Deleted User]Mamaboogie[Deleted User]Reo[Deleted User][Deleted User]-Sid-liliroseRetrospective[Deleted User]ea91polkadottydress[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User] 17 votes
OPTION 4
18%
mark165monalisa62003ktbeevswildbenji64Agent Fcooler[Deleted User]big danNaughtyNanFlamethrower100[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]RandomPeter94cooko94Kaz4596BaileyBigIdiot[Deleted User][Deleted User] 19 votes

Comments

• -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OPTION 3
    Option 3.

I'm leaning towards the idea that it's just 'headline grabbing' but will see how it plays out.
  • teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    OPTION 1
    I chose option 1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OPTION 2
    Option 2
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OPTION 2
    Option 2 :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OPTION 3
    Option 3 here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OPTION 2
    Option 2, I don't see why it's so controversial among people on DS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OPTION 3
    gmc93 wrote: »
    Option 2, I don't see why it's so controversial among people on DS.

I don't find it controversial, but as someone who has experience of cot death in the family it is a subject I am not particularly relishing watching on one of my favourite programmes. Everyone has their own reasons for what they do and don't want to watch.
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OPTION 2
    Option 2.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    OPTION 2
    Option 2 because EE needs a really strong storyline, even though it is very controversial. If it didn't do this it would be bland and boring. It will shock lots of people, but people do have the option of turning it off. I like to have my heartstrings pulled when watching TV, and this will definitely do that. I felt really sad watching baby James being born, knowing what happens to him.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OPTION 2
    option 2 for me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    OPTION 2
    option 2! Its gonna be great
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    OPTION 3
    Sheba wrote: »
    I don't find it controversial, but as someone who has experience of cot death in the family it is a subject I am not particularly relishing watching on one of my favourite programmes. Everyone has their own reasons for what they do and don't want to watch.

I agree with this I choose option 3 as people very near and dear to me have experienced cot death the cot death will be done very tastefully but it is the swap that I don't like.
  • sammie1millionsammie1million Posts: 9,970
    Forum Member
    OPTION 2
    Option 2
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,567
    Forum Member
    Phoebe: Ok, well, alright, who thinks the food is fine, the music was fine, but your evening was ruined by this incessant poll taking?
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    OPTION 4
    Option 4.

I always judge these things after they've gone out as it's very easy to get caught up in the hype and faux-outrage.

But frankly EastEnders is a fictional drama and they've dealt with a variety of issues over the years. I'm not going to get angry about it.
    Forum Member
    OPTION 4
    Phoebe: Ok, well, alright, who thinks the food is fine, the music was fine, but your evening was ruined by this incessant poll taking?

Loving that reference.

:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    OPTION 1
    Agent F wrote: »
    Loving that reference.

:D:D:D:D

If you don't like it, don't post. :confused:
  • GaGa4EastEndersGaGa4EastEnders Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    OPTION 2
    Surprised but very happy to see common sense has struck this poll..
    Forum Member
    OPTION 4
    If you don't like it, don't post. :confused:

Hang on, I was referring to the Friends quote. Nothing to do with the thread.
    Forum Member
    OPTION 1

Only 60% are all-for it, and this is on a forum where all of the members enjoy soaps in the first place.

Not very good stats ;)
  • emmerdaleloveremmerdalelover Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OPTION 2
    Didn't EE have a cot death storyline in the mid-1980s as well?
    Forum Member
    OPTION 1

Or maybe it's because you did this-
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=46939071&highlight=#post46939071
    :rolleyes:
  • stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gee thanks for the Spoiler.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OPTION 1
    Option 1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member