British Soap Awards 2015 I Official Spoiler Thread I Winners & Pics

Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    winter99 wrote: »
    Glad Jeremy Sheffield got some recognition. Not too keen on Kellie Bright and it's a shame that Emmerdale didn't win best soap but Adam Woodyatt & Laurie Brett deserve their awards and it's nice to see Doctors get an award!

Do we have to keep the results in spoilers until it's shown on TV? :(

Not in a spoiler thread. :)
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Not in a spoiler thread. :)

What about the rest of the forum? There's already a few threads about it.
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    That's different though, Hollyoaks won an award based entirely on public vote so if it was fixed that would be suggesting someone behind the scenes had skewed with the votes (not that I'm suggesting it was fixed for Hollyoaks to win) What you seem to be suggesting is the fact that they had more categories decided by a panel makes it fixed, which is a bit of a strange statement considering the majority of awards shows are NOT voted by the public and involve a panel of some capacity. Would you say the Oscars are fixed because they don't include a public vote?

Panel voting is always strange and i wouldnt be the first over the years to suggest it

I do the the new theme of highlighting issue led stories all the soaps have done, seems more fair to me
  • m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'd rather win the bafta than the grubby best soap award. i suppose the award was fitting for eastenders, the bafta would've been to glam for them :p
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed Natalie Anderson didn't get an award. :( Everything else generally as expected.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I'm disappointed Natalie Anderson didn't get an award. :( Everything else generally as expected.

Me too, that storyline and those scenes were harrowing and uncomfortable to watch. The aftermath has also been good, and no offence to EastEnders, but it was nice and refreshing to see a character report and tell a family member about a sexual assault so quickly. I know that's not often the case but it does happen and I like that shift from the way the Lisa storyline, which was fantastic, was done.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes well done Eastenders well deserved. Well done Kellie Bright and Adam Woodyatt. Great haul 8 awards after last year. Glad Emmerdale bagged a couple
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a question about the ED best scene win. I've seen a picture of Verity Rushworth and Mark Charnock collecting that award. I'm wondering whether the scene that won was her death scene when she fell off the roof (in which case Michael Parr would've surely been there to collect it and not Mark Charnock) or whether it was the one in the field where she was screaming that she wasn't ready to die? Or maybe even one with the video message which she recorded for April :confused:.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,273
    Forum Member
    Me too, that storyline and those scenes were harrowing and uncomfortable to watch. The aftermath has also been good, and no offence to EastEnders, but it was nice and refreshing to see a character report and tell a family member about a sexual assault so quickly. I know that's not often the case but it does happen and I like that shift from the way the Lisa storyline, which was fantastic, was done.
    That's how the Rape in Doctors panned out too.
    It was an older women that got rapped by two men that broke into her house. They won 3 awards that year for the storyline. (2008)

I think rape affects people in different ways though. Some people may never tell anyone about it while others do straight away.
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    I've got a question about the ED best scene win. I've seen a picture of Verity Rushworth and Mark Charnock collecting that award. I'm wondering whether the scene that won was her death scene when she fell off the balcony (in which case Michael Parr would've surely been there to collect it and not Mark Charnock) or whether it was the one in the field where she was screaming that she wasn't ready to die? Or maybe even one with the video message which she recorded for April :confused:.

I think they showed the wrong picture. ED official twitter only congratulated Verity and Mark, Mike wasn't mentioned at all which like you say he would've been.
    Forum Member
    I've got a question about the ED best scene win. I've seen a picture of Verity Rushworth and Mark Charnock collecting that award. I'm wondering whether the scene that won was her death scene when she fell off the balcony (in which case Michael Parr would've surely been there to collect it and not Mark Charnock) or whether it was the one in the field where she was screaming that she wasn't ready to die? Or maybe even one with the video message which she recorded for April :confused:.
    Could be either really. Up until this year that award was for Stunt. I think last year for EastEnders with Johnny telling his dad he was gay was a turning point because that's what was put forward. This year a lot of the nominations (Other than Hollyoaks) were for Special scenes and not expensive stunts.

I would say it would have been when she fell though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they showed the wrong picture. ED official twitter only congratulated Verity and Mark, Mike wasn't mentioned at all which like you say he would've been.

So are we saying it was the one in the field? (which was a very powerful scene but I expected the death scene tbh).
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    That's how the Rape in Doctors panned out too.
    It was an older women that got rapped by two men that broke into her house. They won 3 awards that year for the storyline. (2008)

I think rape affects people in different ways though. Some people may never tell anyone about it while others do straight away.

I know, I watched that storyline in Doctors Dan it was great and I was very pleased with their wins. Also, that's why I said it's not often the case furthermore, I have always thought the Trevor and Little Mo one was so well done and one of the best. However, it's more common in soap for the victim to stay silent, and for soaps to tell that side of the story, but what I liked was ED doing something different and was telling another side.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So are we saying it was the one in the field? (which was a very powerful scene but I expected the death scene tbh).

I'm not sure really but I think only Mark and Verity collected that award so probably the scene In the field.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure really but I think only Mark and Verity collected that award so probably the scene In the field.

Slightly disappointed by that as I don't rate Mark Charnock's OTT acting. I hoped Michael and Verity would get the recognition for that storyline as they made it so great. I guess I can't really complain as it's an ED win.
    Forum Member
    I know, I watched that storyline in Doctors Dan it was great and I was very pleased with their wins. Also, that's why I said it's not often the case furthermore, I have always thought the Trevor and Little Mo one was so well done and one of the best. However, it's more common in soap for the victim to stay silent, and for soaps to tell that side of the story, but what I liked was ED doing something different and was telling another side.
    Oh yeah I agree it is nice to show a different side.

Trevor and Mo was pretty different aswell because of course she was raped by her husband. Many Husbands may think it's alright to do such a thing because they are married. One of the best storylines in soap history.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly disappointed by that as I don't rate Mark Charnock's OTT acting. I hoped Michael and Verity would get the recognition for that storyline as they made it so great. I guess I can't really complain as it's an ED win.

Yeah I agree, Mark is a bit up and down for my tastes but Verity was outstanding so deserved for her alone.

Hoping for better ED luck at the IS awards later this year.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Could be either really. Up until this year that award was for Stunt. I think last year for EastEnders with Johnny telling his dad he was gay was a turning point because that's what was put forward. This year a lot of the nominations (Other than Hollyoaks) were for Special scenes and not expensive stunts.

I would say it would have been when she fell though.
    Speaking of. Gay EastEnders characters there's a Harry Reid Ben Mitchell thread on page 1 on this forum demanding your urgent attention ;-):D:D😘
  • KiraaaKiraaa Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Late to the party, couldn't wait till Thursday. I'm quite happy with the winners list, especially Doctors finally getting a long overdue award as there are a few awards they should have had over the years.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant result
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    So happy with the results - well deserved and well done to EastEnders!
    If anyone was wondering who handed out the Best Soap award...
    Patrick Duffy - Bobby Ewing (Dallas)
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to all award winners. I don't agree with Ian & Jane's award, and I would change the Dramatic Performance category hugely, but you can't have everything. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The award was for the SCENE, not the storyline - Donna saying goodbye to April. Marlon was there. The despicable Ross wasn't, so why would the actor get any recognition?
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    Very happy to see Sally Dynevor won best comedy performance, one of the only good things left in Corrie.

Hopefully this gives Corrie a wake up call when they start winning the same amount of awards as Hollyoaks and Doctors. But congratulations to Eastenders, very well deserved.

One word - BAFTA.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    One word - BAFTA.

I've come to the conclusion that a BAFTA means nothing.

The awards ceremony is utterly boring for a start (IMO).

It's also voted for by a panel of judges who probably don't even watch soaps anyway. EastEnders won a BAFTA in 2013. Yes, EastEnders in 2013. Says it all:p.