Options

Will we invade Syria?

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    Mc256Mc256 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Phil Owens wrote: »
    Agree. But what if these chemical weapons find there way out of Syria, lets say Afghanistan, Libya, Iran or any other unstable state ?

Yes and the governments who made them are unstable line up the next victim.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has occurred to me that perhaps Cameron was relieved that Parliament voted against him. He couldn't directly say no to Obama , so by putting it to the vote the onus was taken away from him and he could tell Obama that it wasn't his fault that we wouldn't be following him.
    Perhaps Obama is now hoping for the same thing from the American Congress.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Russia has warned that a peace conference to end the conflict in Syria could be put off "forever" if the US goes ahead with military action against the regime. Foreign minister Sergei Lavrov warned that the planned discussions in Geneva would be disrupted by a US strike. "If the action announced by the US President - to the great regret of all of us - does in fact take place ... it will put off the chances of (holding) this conference for a long time, if not forever."

As tension mounts between Moscow and Washington over the situation, Russia has sent a spy ship to the eastern Mediterranean."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/syria-russia-warns-us-against-military-strike-110519357.html#NxJIQd3

This part "Arab League ministers have urged the United Nations and the international community to take "deterrent" action, while blaming the regime for the alleged chemical weapons assault." If the Arabs are so upset why don't they take actions themselves instead of asking the "international community"?
  • Options
    swindonvillageswindonvillage Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Invading Syria would be a disaster.

Assad is the lesser of two evils- when he goes, Syria will become another totalitarian Islamic state in Iran's pocket.

The propaganda being spouted by our media is now reaching an insidiously pervasive level. What next? Assad's children PLAYED WITH TOYS as Damascus burned? I just find that they're pushing too far with the "evil dictator must be ousted" line, and currently don't have enough evidence.

How anyone can consider trusting the motives of the US government when it comes to the Middle East is beyond me.

Totally agree, I think the reporting on the BBC has been dispicable. Noticed the BBC were using canned shots of Iraq on a report over the weekend.

Public who want action are 8 - 12%, however commons vote was more in the 49%/51% reqion. Clearly peoples MPs are not in touch with ther electrorate!

Lib dems are noway Liberal any more...

I notice the only party with a true antiWar agenda is UKIP, they are getting zero air time about it at the moment.

If I had to vote tomorrow, I wouldn't know who to vote for, but definately will not be for Cons / LibDem.

The Whole thing is a mess!
  • Options
    JustmadeitJustmadeit Posts: 7,512
    Forum Member
    Totally agree, I think the reporting on the BBC has been dispicable. Noticed the BBC were using canned shots of Iraq on a report over the weekend.

Public who want action are 8 - 12%, however commons vote was more in the 49%/51% reqion. Clearly peoples MPs are not in touch with ther electrorate!

Lib dems are noway Liberal any more...

I notice the only party with a true antiWar agenda is UKIP, they are getting zero air time about it at the moment.

If I had to vote tomorrow, I wouldn't know who to vote for, but definately will not be for Cons / LibDem.

The Whole thing is a mess!

the bbc tend to be spokespeople for the establishment and rarely have anything truly challenging or hard hitting when it comes to covering wars

Censosrship by ommision.

You rarely get anyone in the studio on bbc news 24 etc that will be given airtime to show up the complete double standards of the u.s government when it comes to chemical weapons or war in general

What you will see is plenty of retired generals and military men to spout their nonsense. Bbc impartial ?? ha, yeah right