Options

Kay Burley is live in Amsterdam

13»

Comments

• Options
    Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    SouthCity wrote: »
    They always broadcast Sportsline at 7.30pm & 9.30pm every Saturday & Sunday (30 minutes each). It's a fixed programme in the schedule, similar to Sportsday on BBC News channel.

You'd think they would have a different time, I wanted to watch the News after Golf and both BBC and Sky had Sports news for 30 minutes at the exact same time..
  • Options
    supertalksupertalk Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a format that should be dropped. They're going to show the same sports reports twice within the next 60 minutes and another Sportsline 30 minutes after that.
  • Options
    mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think they would have a different time, I wanted to watch the News after Golf and both BBC and Sky had Sports news for 30 minutes at the exact same time..

When Sky Sports News is shut behind a paywall, I cannot understand why Sky News devotes so much time to sports coverage. I woiuld have thought that they would want people to cough up for SSN and the other channels.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

I withdraw my comment about Mr Brazier after seeing the other thread.
  • Options
    humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

I bet that will not be on Sky News Press Preview tonight.

Wake up Murdoch. He should be sacked for this despicable behaviour.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Was it a one-way ticket?
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I withdraw my comment about Mr Brazier after seeing the other thread.

I think he's shocked a lot of people by his actions tonight.
    I noticed on Twitter a lot of other well respected reporters were stunned by his actions.
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    When you basically have BBC News, Sky News, CNN and Euronews there is not a lot of choice and Colin Brazier is doing a great job from the scene.

Mr Brazier was doing a great job until he thought it a good idea to pick through the contents of a suitcase.

As for Kay Burley getting her face-lifted face in on the action, I wouldn't expect anything less.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Can't say I missed Kay yesterday morning on her Kay Burley WITH Stig Abel LBC show (yes she insists that he is given second billing despite the fact he does the same amount of work). Much preferred Petrie Hoskins AND Stig Abel - even if just for one Sunday.
  • Options
    a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    even aljazera news is better than sky, they have many well known faces and do really good interviews and coverage despite the background of owners of the station
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Brazier was doing a great job until he thought it a good idea to pick through the contents of a suitcase.

Agreed. He really made an effort to add something new to each report rather than just robotically repeat what he`d said 15 minutes earlier. Perhaps it was this that led to him rifling through the case.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They just cut to Burley early (it rhymes!) as she was shouting at a Dutch citizen to "get out of the way!" as they`re waiting for the Dutch PM.

She`s Alan Partridge with tits! :D
  • Options
    humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    They just cut to Burley early (it rhymes!) as she was shouting at a Dutch citizen to "get out of the way!" as they`re waiting for the Dutch PM.

She`s Alan Partridge with tits! :D

She's got such class