entire series premiered at once

Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
Forum Member
✭✭✭
increasingly these days, entire series are released at once for those who can't wait to see them weekly e.g. peter kay's car share episodes 1-6 on iplayer. some say, increasingly, schedules as we know them will become irrelevant over the coming years.

anyways, on to my question. pre things like iplayer, netflix, streaming etc etc, which tv series from years ago would you have watched in one go (or condensed over a few days if one sitting not possible!) had the ability to do so been available at the time?

can be any series from any country released at any time in the past.

Comments

• Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Only time I can think is if I bought a VHS box set or a channel had a special weekend.

I think its the future that series are released all at once.

I can't think of a series being released all at once on TV.
  • Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it wrong that for the first run I kind of like the wait between episodes especially if they are 2 parters. There's just something special about talking about the cliff hanger with friends and in the case of Doctor Who guess which curve ball MOFFAT! is going to use next.
    I can understand why people want to binge watch but it's not always possible for everybody and I hate to see spoilers posted on Facebook, Twitter and Digital Spy just because they seem to assume everybody has seen the latest episode 'live'.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the series all ready done ages ago its good BBC put the hole lot up.
    So if your really into the first episode you can then go watch the next one right away.
    I hope they do this more.
    Not sure ITV or other channels would as it could affect advertising?
  • ktla5ktla5 Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the series all ready done ages ago its good BBC put the hole lot up.
    So if your really into the first episode you can then go watch the next one right away.
    I hope they do this more.
    Not sure ITV or other channels would as it could affect advertising?

Or it is so poor, they have simply off loaded it all at once !!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    ktla5 wrote: »
    Or it is so poor, they have simply off loaded it all at once !!
    I think the series was initially planned to only be aired on iPlayer. It was then decided to broadcast it on telly as well.

That's the reason they're all available.
    If it was made for telly then i'm not sure of the T&C involved to allow all to be made available as they're only supposed to become available after broadcast.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems all the enfield haunting is on Sky now to watch.