Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just stepped in.. are results in yet ?
  • Options
    abigailsmumabigailsmum Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toyboysmum wrote: »
    Kimi is a LEGEND! Did you see him on Top Gear, what a fab guy! Would love to see him back at the top as his interviews are CLASSIC! (sorry that's a bit Tez isn't it, with the capitals!)

Remove the caps lock & shift keys IMMEDIATELY, & scrub your hands with carbolic soap :D
  • Options
    mictheminimicthemini Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pentax20 wrote: »
    I've been an F1 fan from before it was even F1! Hamilton, Senna, Schumacher etc don't even get in my top10.

Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart, Niki Lauda, Jack Brabham, Juan Manuel Fangio, Stirling Moss, Nigel Mansell, Bruce McLaren, Jackie Ickx,.

All of these drove more than one race in a weekend, with no traction control or electronics, at speeds not too far short of today's. None of them would have put another car off the track in order to win, and also fought for most of the safety aids that protect todays drivers.

You've missed one very exceptional driver off there, my favourite racing driver (well joint as I'm a Paddy Hopkirk fan too) James Hunt. That man was brilliant, the best.

And them were the days, I agree with you.
  • Options
    Wigan WandererWigan Wanderer Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    QwaarJet wrote: »
    Hamilton is an arrogant, conceited moron.

I thought I was the only one to think this;-) I have never forgiven him for what he said when M/Shumaker Sp ?? sorry had his accident.. & Hamilton said " these things just happen" :o>:(
  • Options
    lapsangsusielapsangsusie Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    mccoll131 wrote: »
    "Wish there was a way Pixie could go tonight, got tired of the 12 year old act and fake personality from week one"

I so agree
    Me three
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pentax20 wrote: »
    I've been an F1 fan from before it was even F1! Hamilton, Senna, Schumacher etc don't even get in my top10.

Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart, Niki Lauda, Jack Brabham, Juan Manuel Fangio, Stirling Moss, Nigel Mansell, Bruce McLaren, Jackie Ickx,.

All of these drove more than one race in a weekend, with no traction control or electronics, at speeds not too far short of today's. None of them would have put another car off the track in order to win, and also fought for most of the safety aids that protect todays drivers.

And besides F1 races Stirling would pick off other forms of racing to IIRC notch up a 45% success rate.
  • Options
    Trix71Trix71 Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (just checked the bottle....It is nearly empty....)

Anyone for spinney f1 chairs??? (call me Jos Verstappen)
  • Options
    PashOnForPashaPashOnForPasha Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    mccoll131 wrote: »
    "Wish there was a way Pixie could go tonight, got tired of the 12 year old act and fake personality from week one"

I so agree

me too! Can't stand her. Have to put telly on mute whenever she comes on as otherwise feel tempted to throw things at the screen! Urgh.
  • Options
    StrictlyDowntonStrictlyDownton Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kimi is a LEGEND! Did you see him on Top Gear, what a fab guy! Would love to see him back at the top as his interviews are CLASSIC! (sorry that's a bit Tez isn't it, with the capitals!)

Not at all. If anyone deserves capitals it's Kimi. Underrated legend!
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs F wrote: »
    well done you for treading the boards

you must be a fast changer from the end of the show

We hope! ...She hopes, with all the hungry people on this thread
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »
    just stepped in.. are results in yet ?

Nope, should be soon though.
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like we're in for a later result than most anticipated tonight...
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    Engineeered. Has been for years. :(

It's a shame, it was more spontaneous in the early days
  • Options
    abigailsmumabigailsmum Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve v Sunetra

STEVE OUT
  • Options
    SueDokuSueDoku Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any food going? I've got as far as a large G&T (plenty left if anyone would like one) but I'm SO hungry, even though we had food between performances..... Still, it went well, and the kids (and adults) all seemed to enjoy it. I'd love some cake if anyone has some going spare...?? ;-)
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dip in and out of F1 but I LOVED Kimi.
  • Options
    davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    My guess of midnight is starting to look good
  • Options
    LordsallyLordsally Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey LS good to see you again :D

Don't let the newer posters put you off, guaranteed good fun here :D:D

^^^^^^^

That was a lovely post! Thank you!

I don't care which of you and AGM post first, I'm glad we have you both on here.

And Yep, this thread is, quite simply, the best.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Yay! Guess who's going to Sainsbury's :D

I have a wheat allergy may have to look out for these in M&S and Sainbury's although knowing my luck they won't have them in the stores in my area! we seem the last to get everything (if we get it at all) :D
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Have decamped upstairs! I am now up to 19th November in my marathon Sky Plus watch - onto Masterchef Pros and now my stomach is rumbling. Which is unfortunate at this stage in the evening!!! I might have to indulge in any spare cheesy puffs and I weirdly have a craving for a puff pastry Mincey pie!!!
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve v Sunetra

STEVE OUT
    Thank you abigailsmum.
    And congratulations on coming first :)
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SueDoku wrote: »
    Oooooh, I made it back in time....! Just got in from being a Jellybaby in a panto (don't ask..!) twice today, and didn't think I'd be home before the result. Phew :D

Sorry I missed your performance Suedoku, As you know, I'm in Worcestershire too. What flavour were you ?? !! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Steve v Sunetra

STEVE OUT

Fair result.

Thanks.
  • Options
    sambadansambadan Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done abigailsmum.
    You won :)
  • Options
    Phebes4361Phebes4361 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Loving all the chat tonight.. Can't keep up!