Options

Eastenders - John Altman interview *contains spoilers*

Comments

• Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great stuff. I'm actually looking forward to this. Never thought I'd say that about Nick again.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving Charlie and Ronnie. I almost hate to see their happiness ruined but I'm looking forward to Nick's return. I agree with him about Charlie Cotton Senior. I never understood the decision to kill him off.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to Nick vs Ronnie, please let our Ron come out on top! :D
  • Options
    Masher29Masher29 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    I only started watching a couple of years ago so I'm very excited to see Nick and discover what he's like!
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,305
    Forum Member
    I can see Nick going the same way as Dr Drake Ramoray after seeing John say he has to rewrite the scripts.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Altman is 62 so I am guessing Nick must be in his 50's now.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I can see Nick going the same way as Dr Drake Ramoray after seeing John say he has to rewrite the scripts.

:D Goodbye Maaaaaaaaaaaaa!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member

A lot of actors do this
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member

I thought the same - luckily there aren't any lift shafts ;-)
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly off topic but last night's episode was the first time Nick Cotton and Alfie Moon ever appeared in the same episode!
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading the interview and "long term arc" is mentioned, sounds like this could be his longest single stint in EE over the last thirty years.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    John Altman is 62 so I am guessing Nick must be in his 50's now.

Didn't we see his date of birth on the coffin? About 62 I think so a similar age to David Wicks and Carol. That would make Dot 25 when he was born and him about 23 when EE started which sounds about right. Nick was older than the teenage lot but not that much older - certainly closer to them in age than the lot hitting 40.
  • Options
    Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nick cotton's stints have always been only weeks or a few months at a time. He might be around till the anniversary episode in february.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,305
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Didn't we see his date of birth on the coffin? About 62 I think so a similar age to David Wicks and Carol. That would make Dot 25 when he was born and him about 23 when EE started which sounds about right. Nick was older than the teenage lot but not that much older - certainly closer to them in age than the lot hitting 40.

June is 87 but Dot is supposed to be a few years younger. If she was 87 then she would have been born in 1927, making her 14 when world war 2 broke out, but we know she was much younger than that as she was evacuated as a young girl.

And if Nick is 62 now, he would have been in his early thirties and not his early twenties when the show came out. :)
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope that Nick stands up to the Philth this time around even though he is even older than the poison potato.

The nastier Nick is the better and I truly believe this return will be iconic as the standard of writing should be the best for John since the early 1990's.

Bring on the Boogeyman! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    The 2000 stint was Ok with the feud with Mark (and as an adolescent Ashley Cotton was my first crush!) but the 2009 stint was awful - a bad replay of the greatest hits (devil child who can't act trying to bump off Ma!)

This time it feels different - Nick's return is not the start of a new storyline but rather something that started way back in April! It feels different now Charlie Jr and Yvonne are around. What will Nick be up to I wonder - we haven't been told much.

I have a feeling this will conclude in February so the Nick/Dot story will be part of the anniversary celebrations so we have Ian, Nick and Sharon, the only remaining original characters (unless Dr Legg or someone pops round for a cup of tea) can be part of the big event.