Sky Go App on iphone 5

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
Forum Member
Hi

Not sure if this should be in the Sky forum but I'll post it here in any case.

I bought a brand new iphone 5 on Tuesday and today installed the Sky Go app on it.

After starting the app and signing in the iphone became one of my two Sky Go devices as expected and I could view content relevant to my subscription (Entertainment Extra). Great, I thought, everything is working fine. However, after I came out of the app and went back in a few minutes later to view something else a message appeared after about 3 seconds saying I wasn't signed in and the programme stopped playing. However, I could still gain access to my account settings (e.g. billing) which would suggest I was signed in. However, if I tried to view my account settings before attempting to view a programme I had to sign in.

At the minute the only work around method I have found is to remove the app each time I finish watching something and reinstall it before watching something else.

Also there doesn't seem to be any option to sign out which seems strange.

Apologies if the above is hard to understand. It is one of these things that are easier to see than explain in words!

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on? For example is it me (probably) or a fault with the app.

Thanks

PS I also downloaded the Sky Wi-fi app and, although I haven't had enough time to study it carefully, it would appear there are similar problems with it.